Carnival Glory food question

vawalkers

Not sure about chicken tenders but he can get fries from Guy's Burger Joint. they do have chicken nuggets in the main dining room. There is a huge variety of food on the ship. I'm sure your teen's cruise will not be ruined if he/she cannot get chicken tenders and French fries.

Enjoy your cruise!

Chicken tenders only on one night in the MDR. They are not in the buffet. Literally- there is nowhere to get a tender or nugget except in the MDR, as an app, on one night per cruise.

Whoops, edit: they have them on the children's menu every night in the MDR

Chicken tenders and fries are both fried foods. That means, it is incredibly bad for a child's health and do not provide the nutrients necessary. What about a baked chicken with rice and vegetables? We had that on the Glory's main last time and I think the chef was Alonso (or Alfonso??). Great food and it really gave you some energy to explore the next island :)

Chicken tenders and fries are both fried foods. That means, it is incredibly bad for a child's health and do not provide the nutrients necessary. What about a baked chicken with rice and vegetables? We had that on the Glory's main last time and I think the chef was Alonso (or Alfonso??). Great food and it really gave you some energy to explore the next island :)

Oh yeah- I forgot to say- don't forget your blender for his kale smoothies in the morning.

If your going to get technical ;) White meat only and remove the skin :D

Oh yeah- I forgot to say- don't forget your blender for his kale smoothies in the morning.

Mix that Kale Smoothie with an Egg White Omelet for breakfast, and plain baked chicken for dinner?

And Warm Melting Chocolate Cake? Ice Cream? No thank you, my child will have the fruit plate for dessert. But only once, for a special occasion. Desserts are not healthy.

REALLLLLLYYYYY?????

I don't think the OP asked for a nutrition lesson.

I'm not getting any nutrition from drinks either, but that doesn't stop me!

What is wrong with people?!

They are not happy unless they can mind everyone else's business and "fix" them!

OP didn't ask for a nutrition consult or a parenting intervention!

Back off, Babalouie!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

I usually withhold comment on "controversial" posts, but this was just too funny! Thanks for a much needed morning giggle!

This is our first time with the 2.0 upgrades but wouldn't they still have them where they normally have the hotdogs, reg burgers, grilled chicken and fries????

That doesn't exist any more. One side: Guy's burgers and fries (heavily seasoned). Other side: burritos. Inside: regular buffet items.

The Guy's burgers are great, but I remember when my kids were little- they wouldn't have touched those fries.

There is still pizza 24/7 but during both Glory cruises I was just on you really had to wait for it, and another review said the same thing. Don't know why.

There is obviously still ice cream all the time.

That doesn't exist any more. One side: Guy's burgers and fries (heavily seasoned). Other side: burritos. Inside: regular buffet items.

The Guy's burgers are great, but I remember when my kids were little- they wouldn't have touched those fries.

There is still pizza 24/7 but during both Glory cruises I was just on you really had to wait for it, and another review said the same thing. Don't know why.

There is obviously still ice cream all the time.

Fish and Chips have plain shoe string fries. Finally tried the Pizza on the Glory. Instead of giving small whole pizzas like on the Miracle, they made half pizzas to order and gave away the other half to another party in line. So thats the only way I got to try pizza this time. I guess the portion control l police are out. I suppose if you really wanted the whole pizza (slightly larger than a Celeste pizza) they would give it to you.

Since the Glory received the 2.0 upgrades, where on the ship would my 12 year old find the chicken tenders and fries? This is very important to his cruise experience.:D Thanks for your help.

Since he's 12, be sure to say that he'd also like to look a the "Kid's Menu" in the MDR in the evening. ;)

Have a great cruise! :)

LuLu

~~~~

Just got back. Guys burgers and Fries are great, as is the Fish & Chips place (but skip these chips and get Guy's instead).

Anyway, we "might" have seen them on the menu one time in the MDR. Did not see them anywhere else, but was not looking for them either. None of the three 12-year olds in our group missed them. Too many other fun things to eat.

Incredibly detailed review of cruise: http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/carnival-glory.html

Thanks to all who offered information. Seago2, I'll put the blender on my packing list!!! Since I do not worry about what I eat while cruising, I will not worry about the 12 year old either. Looking forward to being on the Glory in November.

They're fried foods????? Are you sure?????? No way!!!!!! Just teasing. Ironically enough, Josh does not eat pizza, hot dogs, hamburgers, any red meat or pork.......sometimes I wish he did.......he just never liked any of it......his nemesis is chicken tenders and a few fries.....Otherwise, he eats far healthier than either of his parents who enjoy a steak every now and then along with butter on the baked tater, etc etc etc. White rice is indeed one of his favorites along with green peas, raw carotts, apples, grilled fish and so forth. I appreciate you concern. We were just looking for the tenders as he truly enjoyed them on our past cruises.

cgwalker

You can get chicken tenders any dinner in the MDR. Just ask. I had no problems getting veggie burgers there also. This is a cruise ship, they will accommodate you if your request is reasonable.

My husband just reminded me that they did have fried chicken almost everyday at the lunch buffet. I know it's not chicken tenders, but maybe it will suffice? ;)

That's good news. Fried chicken works just as well.:p

You can get chicken tenders any dinner in the MDR.

Just ask. I had no problems getting veggie burgers there also.

This is a cruise ship, they will accommodate you if your request is reasonable.

The only thing I ever requested that was refused..

were some delicious curly, slim french fries that came with my wife's shrimp dish.

I should never have picked her plate for the few I had!

I'm not a french fries person

but oh man they were 'dusted' with tiny crumbly bits of something heavenly!

When I asked for a side order of Them Specifically

I was told Not possible, sorry!

I then told the guy I'd get Aleksandar The Greatest, our wacky Serbian waiter to get them for me

to which he replied that if Aleksandar could get them for me

he would indeed be.. The Greatest!

OK - I took the hint. :cool:

So next time I'll be ordering the shrimp starter dish just to get those fabulous fries

even though I'm allergic to shrimp.

Wife can have the shrimp - those fries are mine!

Archived