Quiet place to eat on allure ????

We were recently on X and instead of going straight to the buffet we went up and outside to a small type of bistro. We were the only ones there and had a really nice lunch while looking outward and waiting for our cabin to open up. Does anyone know of a place like this one could go on the Allure???

I booked Giovanni's for lunch but would rather go to a less formal and maybe outside area.

We were recently on X and instead of going straight to the buffet we went up and outside to a small type of bistro. We were the only ones there and had a really nice lunch while looking outward and waiting for our cabin to open up. Does anyone know of a place like this one could go on the Allure???

I booked Giovanni's for lunch but would rather go to a less formal and maybe outside area.

we were just on the Allure and did lunch on boarding day in Giovanni's for the reason you mentioned. It was not formal at all, it is boarding day, some folks in shorts, I was lugging around a backpack. It was nice. when we finished lunch, the cabins were open.

we were just on the Allure and did lunch on boarding day in Giovanni's for the reason you mentioned. It was not formal at all, it is boarding day, some folks in shorts, I was lugging around a backpack. It was nice. when we finished lunch, the cabins were open.

Same here! Giovanni's was a good choice for us! :D

LuLu

~~~~

Just sailed on the Allure for the 2nd time. This time we ate lunch at the Park Cafe when we boarded. There was no line, plenty of tables inside and outside. They have salads, wraps, roast beef sandwiches (everyone raves about the roast beef sandwich, but for me it's just okay), soup, fruit salad, cookies etc. This is also the place to go if you must have potato chips. This is the only place on the ship you can get a bag of chips if you must have them.

Park Cafe was our place to go for a relatively quiet experience. We had most of or breakfasts during the week there as well.

I would suggest grabbing something at the Park Cafe and then eating outside in the big chairs in between the Cafe and Giovanni's! Totally free. That or the Solarium Bistro although I've heard the food was amazing by some people and mediocre by others.

The OP was asking about boarding day.

The Park Café is a madhouse then!

This was not the case for us, probably different for every sailing. But that is also why I suggest sitting outside in the chairs near GT because there was nothing available inside, at least big enough for 8 of us.

I too have never been on Allure, what do they serve at Vintages for lunch? Been there for wine on Jewel but not for anything to eat. Is there a surcharge a vintages for food?

Vintages has a tapas style menu. Different charges for different plates. :)

Park Cafe was super crowded on the day we boarded and eating outside was just plain hot. I would try the Solarium Bistro on our next trip boarding day.

We liked the Wipeout Cafe also. Never very crowded with a nice outside eating area. However, I don't know if it was open on boarding day. Maybe someone else could tell you better about that. It had hot dogs, burgers and tacos for lunch.

We liked the Wipeout Cafe also. Never very crowded with a nice outside eating area.

While we enjoyed the selections at Wipe Out, we found it always packed during our early June cruise. People were in multiple lines not really knowing where to go. On top of that others were coming in for soft serve yogurt. After Wednesday we gave up on Wipe Out. Fortunately, there are many other choices.

Thanks all. We decided to go with Giovanni's For Lunch. Since it will more than likely be our only specialty restaurant, I think we will be happy.

Good choice. Take your time and enjoy a very nice lunch. Normally I would suggest dining outside but not for embarkation day as the Park Cafe is directly across and is very busy.

While we enjoyed the selections at Wipe Out, we found it always packed during our early June cruise. People were in multiple lines not really knowing where to go. On top of that others were coming in for soft serve yogurt. After Wednesday we gave up on Wipe Out. Fortunately, there are many other choices.

We only ate there once for lunch - on Monday after we returned from port in Nassau. That day was not too bad at all. What we liked it for the most was breakfast with the freshly made cooked to order omlets. Plus it was never busy. I was thinking that it may not have been discovered yet for embarkment day lunch, but I could be wrong as we were not there then.

Archived