Bringing Unlimited Wine Policy Officially Change Yesterday

LAFFNVEGAS

[quote name='surfergirle']No you did not read it.
The first sentence says " definitely not better"
It goes on to say the only 4 categories where they excel for us.

What you are saying is that i said x was better, and had you read it, you definitely would not think that.

The standard cabins, the mdr, etc etc is where they fail, miserably might i add. Please do not make it appear as i said more than i did, and if you decide to quote me, please read my post and understand it.[/QUOTE]

I did NOT quote you but merely responded with some specifics about Celebrity's "S" class ships. Sorry if you are upset. That certainly was not my intention.

[quote name='kazu']right hand side - click recent posts by others on Holland America Line and then click see all posts - and I don't think you will see happy campers:rolleyes:[/quote]

That's because there's no such thing as a "Happy Camper":p

[quote name='jimmy2x']I did NOT quote you but merely responded with some specifics about Celebrity's "S" class ships. Sorry if you are upset. That certainly was not my intention.[/QUOTE]

You did quote me, and i not sure why your post was relevant to mine? Sorry but it makes no sense. Your post did make it appear as if i was stating the opposite of you, when in fact i agree completely. That makes absolutely no sense. Why else would you begin a post with an apology? I still think you didn't quite get my post or read it, thats the only thing that makes sense. Lmao.

[quote name='sail7seas'][B] I went to HAL's Facebook page and didn't see comments about the new Wine Policy. :( I hardly ever go to Facebook and when I usually leave wondering why I wasted my time. :)

[/B][/QUOTE]

sorry if my instructions weren't good - see all usually does it.

anyways, here's a few of them:

We have always so appreciated HAL for the wonderful crews who take such good care of us, the classic beauty of the ships, the unique and intriguing itineraries and the liberal wine policy which sets HAL apart from other lines.

We are wine lovers and always purchase a wine package for each of our cruises, supplemented with specialty coffees, soft drinks and cocktails. But the pleasure of purchasing a bottle or two in each port on a European itinerary and enjoying it on our cabin balcony as we sail away is so special. We can still bring a bottle each onboard at embarkation but this is all. I can understand HAL's issue with passengers who bring on cases of wine. That is blatantly wrong unless those folks also make up for that lost revenue by purchasing extra shore excursions, paying MDR corkage fees, spa services and the like. Indeed many of the shore excursions visit wineries and it would seem silly to taste wine and then not be able to enjoy in the comfort of your cabin. Purchasing to take home is just not practical with baggage weight restrictions and customs rules.

We would humbly suggest that HAL rework its new policy to allow guests to bring on a bottle each at every port in Europe for in cabin consumption. We think most passengers also would have no problem with a corkage fee for wine brought on in this fashion and consumed in the specialty restaurants or MDR. Also suggest that HAL increase the allowable amounts of bottles of wine for all other itineraries.

We do hope there will be some additional thoughts regarding the new policy. We have never had any issue before with HAL. Indeed, from the first time we stepped onto the Zuiderdam for our first cruise, we felt we were "home". Small fees like those imposed for espresso and capuccino, corkage, specialty restaurants are all fine with us. Changing the wine policy to "fit in" with other cruise lines moves HAL out of the unique spot it had and into the "mainstream"

Also wonder with this change in policy why did HAL increase the corkage fee to $20.00 and yet limit the consumer to one bottle at embarkation. HAL should seriously consider postponing this new policy, it is not fair to the customer who have already booked and paid for their cruise based on the policy effective at the time. I am mad at HAL.

[COLOR="Navy"]and here's another[/COLOR]

I took my first cruise on HAL in November of 2004 and instantly became a HAL cheerleader. For 8+ years, my cruise reviews on Cruise Critic (diann744) sang the praises of all things Holland America. Sure, I’d noticed some things that had been scaled back or gone away for good but I rolled with it.

But on each new outing, the list grows longer. The loss of the hard copy docs, having to print your own luggage tags, paying for espresso in the MDR, those missing day of the week carpets, plastic flowers in the public areas, having to hand over your room card when you order in the MDR rather than at the end of the meal, paper towels in the ladies room, card tables and folding chairs on the Vista ships, overworked and understaffed crew that can no longer provide stellar service through no fault of their own.

And now, the change to the wine policy. No notice, no future implementation date. Just, “ha, I know you signed a contract but we changed it. Too bad.” The result? For me, HAL will likely sell an additional 5 bottles of Alice White Chardonnay ($32 x 5) on my September cruise. And then? With 18 days to hit 4-star status, I’ll check out Princess.

[COLOR="Navy"]and another:[/COLOR]

I am close to being 4 Stair mariner and always proud of my cruising relationship with Holland America for their mature attitude toward bringing wine aboard. Sadly enough they have lowered themselves to the level of the lesser cruise lines and I never thought that would happen. I do bring my own wine and I sail 10 to 30 days on each cruise and I DO buy a wine package but I do PREFER my own wine and this new policy will do the following - this is one reason I sail HAl almost exclusively but hey - not anymore -the others have better entertainment better alcohol packages better prices and bigger rooms so what is the draw for HAL in the future - hmmmmm none. I have friends sailing in the near future who completed their payment and have now been told that although they will be in Europe in some of the best spots for a special bottle of wine that they may not bring it aboard- it will be taken and returned at the end of the cruise when they board the plane which will take it away. This is not only wrong - this is sad. I have always felt that HAl was a step above the others - rather than digging through someone's personal belongings to sniff out a potential extra bottle of wine they always said - bring it along and we will be glad to pop the cork for a fee but we understand if you do not care for our overpriced cheap wine which you can afford and you would rather bring your own let us pop the cork for the price of the wine you would buy on board- hmmm something wrong there- HAl does not have to bring the wine aboard and they get the fee for popping my cork - how do they lose with that? This is lacteally very stupid and so far beneath the company that I thought they were.
On a TA on RCCL- one of those I described above which I will use more now- I paid 32 for a good bottle of Rothschild and let me say this - 3 BLind Moose is not in the same class and it cost more.
Do not know who made this change but they may not realize the impact on present and future cruisers - this was not a good business choice. One more cruise and I will qualify for the free drinks on RCCL every night and their good wines and their excellent entertainment - broadway shows ice skating just to name a few and they will let me bring on two bottles for my cabin so the rest of you Hal Mariners and other loyal cruisers- you might want to look at your alternatives - obviously HAl does not care. For heavens sake - at least take care of those who have already paid - thank goodness I had not booked yet and now I will not. Sorry....

[COLOR="Navy"]lots of comments on FB and some of them sound familiar;)[/COLOR] Edited by kazu

HAL is one of the items in our vacation "toolbox" - we're on the Royal Clipper out of Civitavecchia on 24 August bound for Venice, a 12 day adventure. The Clippers' alcohol policy more restrictive than the new HAL policy. Their wine list, for the size ship, is good. We enjoy the ship, the sails, the itineraries and our fellow passengers. All these points mitigate any inconvenience of not being able to have "our" wine - and like I said, their wine list isn't bad.

In August of '14 we're on a Bordeaux river cruise - a cruise which will encompass both the Left and Right sides. This cruise is wine-centric and bringing wine aboard is encouraged - just the same as with other river cruise itineraries.

We do have a 14 day HAL cruise booked for 6 December aboard Maasdam - I hope HAL will revisit this policy change but should they not, I'm sure we will enjoy ourselves nonetheless. Our future cruising aboard HAL though will have to be rethought because HAL is not the only line that does "big ship" cruises and this could be an opportunity to explore other lines.

My point in this post is that a lot of folks aren't wedded to HAL but cruise HAL for a variety of factors. HAL works for us because it's a big ship line and has some amenities but those characteristics can also be found elsewhere.

. . . the old wine policy worked for us and was one of the reasons we liked HAL.

[quote name='sail7seas'][B] I went to HAL's Facebook page and didn't see comments about the new Wine Policy. :( I hardly ever go to Facebook and when I usually leave wondering why I wasted my time. :)

[/B][/QUOTE]

The comments aren't glaring. You have to hunt for them. I find Facebook a waste of time for the most part. I had one of my so called Facebook friends telling me what an easy life I have because I cruise so much. Yeah, my life has been swell lately. Listening to people like that is a waste of my time. At least you can de friend people like that. I find it to be pretty much a wasteland.

The more I think about it, the more baffled I become. Seriously, how could HAL have thought that doing a 180 on a policy that will have a significant impact on several passengers, specific itineraries in both region and length, for which they are known for, not phasing the change in, no prior or current press release of notice or change, not common knowledge with TA's, etc was a good idea? Really did they just do that? Get so many areas wrong. Its PR/Marketing 101. If I were them this would be a hackers doing :D;) Edited by TSTSmom

[quote name='solocanadian'][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]I always understood Spanish Sangria was made with the usual inexpensive red wine, inexpensive brandy and fruit. Loved sipping on this concoction on our trip to 5 Canary Islands and feeding fruit to the local lizards. Fred, me and the lizards really enjoyed the time in the sun.:):D:)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Oh My...No wonder I have a headache..DH played Bridge today..I met his Bridge Buddies later & we all went to Carrabas for dinner..All this talk about wine, so I ordered their Blackberry Sangria..They gave me a flask, so had 2 glasses..Forgot they also make theirs with Brandy..[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='surfergirle']Not sure betty! But i could bring you one and maybe ship it from FLL if they do not. Its the best i have ever had.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Surfergirl..You are so sweet..I have no problem ordering on line..Will take a look at it..Thanks so much for your offer..[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Betty[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='OlsSalt']it will be interesting to finally get some first hand reports about the implementation of the policy, as well as changes in the onboard wine offerings. Unclear still is the ability to bring wine/champagne on board at each port - language of policy unclear, really.[/quote]

What is there about their new policy that leaves you in any doubt? I think that it is quite clear.

[quote name='serendipity1499'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Oh My...No wonder I have a headache..DH played Bridge today..I met his Bridge Buddies later & we all went to Carrabas for dinner..All this talk about wine, so I ordered their Blackberry Sangria..They gave me a flask, so had 2 glasses..Forgot they also make theirs with Brandy..[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Surfergirl..You are so sweet..I have no problem ordering on line..Will take a look at it..Thanks so much for your offer..[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Betty[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Ahhhh! What you got at Carrabas had vodka in it! Lol that is why.
I hate restaurant sangria that the bartender makes in 5 min, with vodka sugar and fruit. You will love quint. Xoxo

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][quote name='kazu']sorry if my instructions weren't good - see all usually does it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS] [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]anyways, here's a few of them:[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]We have always so appreciated HAL for the wonderful crews who take such good care of us, the classic beauty of the ships, the unique and intriguing itineraries and the liberal wine policy which sets HAL apart from other lines. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]We are wine lovers and always purchase a wine package for each of our cruises, supplemented with specialty coffees, soft drinks and cocktails. But the pleasure of purchasing a bottle or two in each port on a European itinerary and enjoying it on our cabin balcony as we sail away is so special. We can still bring a bottle each onboard at embarkation but this is all. I can understand HAL's issue with passengers who bring on cases of wine. That is blatantly wrong unless those folks also make up for that lost revenue by purchasing extra shore excursions, paying MDR corkage fees, spa services and the like. Indeed many of the shore excursions visit wineries and it would seem silly to taste wine and then not be able to enjoy in the comfort of your cabin. Purchasing to take home is just not practical with baggage weight restrictions and customs rules. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]We would humbly suggest that HAL rework its new policy to allow guests to bring on a bottle each at every port in Europe for in cabin consumption. We think most passengers also would have no problem with a corkage fee for wine brought on in this fashion and consumed in the specialty restaurants or MDR. Also suggest that HAL increase the allowable amounts of bottles of wine for all other itineraries. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]We do hope there will be some additional thoughts regarding the new policy. We have never had any issue before with HAL. Indeed, from the first time we stepped onto the Zuiderdam for our first cruise, we felt we were "home". Small fees like those imposed for espresso and capuccino, corkage, specialty restaurants are all fine with us. Changing the wine policy to "fit in" with other cruise lines moves HAL out of the unique spot it had and into the "mainstream"[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Also wonder with this change in policy why did HAL increase the corkage fee to $20.00 and yet limit the consumer to one bottle at embarkation. HAL should seriously consider postponing this new policy, it is not fair to the customer who have already booked and paid for their cruise based on the policy effective at the time. I am mad at HAL.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]and here's another[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I took my first cruise on HAL in November of 2004 and instantly became a HAL cheerleader. For 8+ years, my cruise reviews on Cruise Critic (diann744) sang the praises of all things Holland America. Sure, I’d noticed some things that had been scaled back or gone away for good but I rolled with it. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]But on each new outing, the list grows longer. The loss of the hard copy docs, having to print your own luggage tags, paying for espresso in the MDR, those missing day of the week carpets, plastic flowers in the public areas, having to hand over your room card when you order in the MDR rather than at the end of the meal, paper towels in the ladies room, card tables and folding chairs on the Vista ships, overworked and understaffed crew that can no longer provide stellar service through no fault of their own.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]And now, the change to the wine policy. No notice, no future implementation date. Just, “ha, I know you signed a contract but we changed it. Too bad.” The result? For me, HAL will likely sell an additional 5 bottles of Alice White Chardonnay ($32 x 5) on my September cruise. And then? With 18 days to hit 4-star status, I’ll check out Princess.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS] [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS] [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]and another:[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I am close to being 4 Stair mariner and always proud of my cruising relationship with Holland America for their mature attitude toward bringing wine aboard. Sadly enough they have lowered themselves to the level of the lesser cruise lines and I never thought that would happen. I do bring my own wine and I sail 10 to 30 days on each cruise and I DO buy a wine package but I do PREFER my own wine and this new policy will do the following - this is one reason I sail HAl almost exclusively but hey - not anymore -the others have better entertainment better alcohol packages better prices and bigger rooms so what is the draw for HAL in the future - hmmmmm none. I have friends sailing in the near future who completed their payment and have now been told that although they will be in Europe in some of the best spots for a special bottle of wine that they may not bring it aboard- it will be taken and returned at the end of the cruise when they board the plane which will take it away. This is not only wrong - this is sad. I have always felt that HAl was a step above the others - rather than digging through someone's personal belongings to sniff out a potential extra bottle of wine they always said - bring it along and we will be glad to pop the cork for a fee but we understand if you do not care for our overpriced cheap wine which you can afford and you would rather bring your own let us pop the cork for the price of the wine you would buy on board- hmmm something wrong there- HAl does not have to bring the wine aboard and they get the fee for popping my cork - how do they lose with that? This is lacteally very stupid and so far beneath the company that I thought they were. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]On a TA on RCCL- one of those I described above which I will use more now- I paid 32 for a good bottle of Rothschild and let me say this - 3 BLind Moose is not in the same class and it cost more. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Do not know who made this change but they may not realize the impact on present and future cruisers - this was not a good business choice. One more cruise and I will qualify for the free drinks on RCCL every night and their good wines and their excellent entertainment - broadway shows ice skating just to name a few and they will let me bring on two bottles for my cabin so the rest of you Hal Mariners and other loyal cruisers- you might want to look at your alternatives - obviously HAl does not care. For heavens sake - at least take care of those who have already paid - thank goodness I had not booked yet and now I will not. Sorry....[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS] [/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS] [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]lots of comments on FB and some of them sound familiar;)[/COLOR][/quote][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Thanks, Jacqui. Enlightening....glad to see some folks are as ticked off as I am. I booked this 21 day Collectors Cruise with the full understanding that we could enjoy local wines brought on the ship to enjoy. And now that's nixed...with zero advance notice ??? DISGRACEFUL.[/SIZE] :mad:[/FONT]

[quote name='kazu']You have mail:D I prefer the white myself - as do many in the summer. a) it's unusual and unexpected and b) it's delicious.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Thanks Kazu ...Have received it & sent you a reply..Will try your white first as I tend to get headaches from red wine even though I enjoy the red Sangria.. DH had the Peach Sangria tonight & enjoyed it.. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Betty[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='surfergirle']Ok will try.

I just see writ post and photo (i pad)

I can not see the wall, hummm[/quote]

Surfergirl, I can't see those posts with my iPad facebook app, very stange but I can see that section with my laptop using a browser.

sorry if my instructions weren't good - see all usually does it.

anyways, here's a few of them:

We have always so appreciated HAL for the wonderful crews who take such good care of us, the classic beauty of the ships, the unique and intriguing itineraries and the liberal wine policy which sets HAL apart from other lines.

We are wine lovers and always purchase a wine package for each of our cruises, supplemented with specialty coffees, soft drinks and cocktails. But the pleasure of purchasing a bottle or two in each port on a European itinerary and enjoying it on our cabin balcony as we sail away is so special. We can still bring a bottle each onboard at embarkation but this is all. I can understand HAL's issue with passengers who bring on cases of wine. That is blatantly wrong unless those folks also make up for that lost revenue by purchasing extra shore excursions, paying MDR corkage fees, spa services and the like. Indeed many of the shore excursions visit wineries and it would seem silly to taste wine and then not be able to enjoy in the comfort of your cabin. Purchasing to take home is just not practical with baggage weight restrictions and customs rules.

We would humbly suggest that HAL rework its new policy to allow guests to bring on a bottle each at every port in Europe for in cabin consumption. We think most passengers also would have no problem with a corkage fee for wine brought on in this fashion and consumed in the specialty restaurants or MDR. Also suggest that HAL increase the allowable amounts of bottles of wine for all other itineraries.

We do hope there will be some additional thoughts regarding the new policy. We have never had any issue before with HAL. Indeed, from the first time we stepped onto the Zuiderdam for our first cruise, we felt we were "home". Small fees like those imposed for espresso and capuccino, corkage, specialty restaurants are all fine with us. Changing the wine policy to "fit in" with other cruise lines moves HAL out of the unique spot it had and into the "mainstream"

Also wonder with this change in policy why did HAL increase the corkage fee to $20.00 and yet limit the consumer to one bottle at embarkation. HAL should seriously consider postponing this new policy, it is not fair to the customer who have already booked and paid for their cruise based on the policy effective at the time. I am mad at HAL.

and here's another

I took my first cruise on HAL in November of 2004 and instantly became a HAL cheerleader. For 8+ years, my cruise reviews on Cruise Critic (diann744) sang the praises of all things Holland America. Sure, I’d noticed some things that had been scaled back or gone away for good but I rolled with it.

But on each new outing, the list grows longer. The loss of the hard copy docs, having to print your own luggage tags, paying for espresso in the MDR, those missing day of the week carpets, plastic flowers in the public areas, having to hand over your room card when you order in the MDR rather than at the end of the meal, paper towels in the ladies room, card tables and folding chairs on the Vista ships, overworked and understaffed crew that can no longer provide stellar service through no fault of their own.

And now, the change to the wine policy. No notice, no future implementation date. Just, “ha, I know you signed a contract but we changed it. Too bad.” The result? For me, HAL will likely sell an additional 5 bottles of Alice White Chardonnay ($32 x 5) on my September cruise. And then? With 18 days to hit 4-star status, I’ll check out Princess.

and another:

I am close to being 4 Stair mariner and always proud of my cruising relationship with Holland America for their mature attitude toward bringing wine aboard. Sadly enough they have lowered themselves to the level of the lesser cruise lines and I never thought that would happen. I do bring my own wine and I sail 10 to 30 days on each cruise and I DO buy a wine package but I do PREFER my own wine and this new policy will do the following - this is one reason I sail HAl almost exclusively but hey - not anymore -the others have better entertainment better alcohol packages better prices and bigger rooms so what is the draw for HAL in the future - hmmmmm none. I have friends sailing in the near future who completed their payment and have now been told that although they will be in Europe in some of the best spots for a special bottle of wine that they may not bring it aboard- it will be taken and returned at the end of the cruise when they board the plane which will take it away. This is not only wrong - this is sad. I have always felt that HAl was a step above the others - rather than digging through someone's personal belongings to sniff out a potential extra bottle of wine they always said - bring it along and we will be glad to pop the cork for a fee but we understand if you do not care for our overpriced cheap wine which you can afford and you would rather bring your own let us pop the cork for the price of the wine you would buy on board- hmmm something wrong there- HAl does not have to bring the wine aboard and they get the fee for popping my cork - how do they lose with that? This is lacteally very stupid and so far beneath the company that I thought they were.

On a TA on RCCL- one of those I described above which I will use more now- I paid 32 for a good bottle of Rothschild and let me say this - 3 BLind Moose is not in the same class and it cost more.

Do not know who made this change but they may not realize the impact on present and future cruisers - this was not a good business choice. One more cruise and I will qualify for the free drinks on RCCL every night and their good wines and their excellent entertainment - broadway shows ice skating just to name a few and they will let me bring on two bottles for my cabin so the rest of you Hal Mariners and other loyal cruisers- you might want to look at your alternatives - obviously HAl does not care. For heavens sake - at least take care of those who have already paid - thank goodness I had not booked yet and now I will not. Sorry....

lots of comments on FB and some of them sound familiar;)

I sincerely feel your pain. walking around Europe and picking up a bottle of wine sounds like so much fun especially for a lover of wines. I'm sure that is the way HAL originally thought things would work out.

Fast Forward

Now it's people taking cabs to Publix and Total wine and arriving at the ship with cases of wine beer and soda, meanwhile they sell these things onboard. Do you want a guy selling slices of pizza outside of your pizzeria?

I sincerely feel your pain. walking around Europe and picking up a bottle of wine sounds like so much fun especially for a lover of wines. I'm sure that is the way HAL originally thought things would work out.

Fast Forward

Now it's people taking cabs to Publix and Total wine and arriving at the ship with cases of wine beer and soda, meanwhile they sell these things onboard. Do you want a guy selling slices of pizza outside of your pizzeria?

But why not fit your product (could be policy, could be inventory) to the demand, versus trying to fit people's demand to fit your product. That just doesn't work.

Several thousand pax have embarked on HAL cruises over the past 2 days and so far not one pax has come on here with a complaint.

Perhaps they don't care to pay for overpriced internet and we will hear when they post a trip report...or...they were given some slack as they were not aware of the policy change.

Perhaps they don't care to pay for overpriced internet and we will hear when they post a trip report...or...they were given some slack as they were not aware of the policy change.

I am guessing that while still in port their Wi-Fi would be free so I am not sure overpriced internet is relevant at that time. Perhaps HAL bean counters actually know what they are doing.

Edited by Laminator

Fast Forward

Thank you:D I've never agreed with the cases of wine - we don't bring cases on and never had - so why let a few spoil it for the rest of us?

But don't get me started on HAL's pizza;) It wasn't bad on the P'dam but some of the ships could use a pizzeria outside the establishment:D

yup, I'm bad tonight - see what pushing the envelope does to me:D

Maybe they will grant a waiver of the policy for that cruise and let that guest bring their wine seeing they booked under the 'old terms'.

Imagine nightmare on boarding day and some people are allowed to bring on a case of wine while others are only allowed one bottle.

I see opportunity. I'm offering to become a wine mule, selflessly carrying on a bottle of wine...my one allowed bottle...to be a bottle of YOUR choice for YOUR consumption, for the low, low price of an inside cabin on the cruise of my choice. You won't come across a deal like this every day.

Hmmmm! I've been thinking about a new career that I can easily do in retirement! Count me in, I'll hire on!

John

Good question, I'd like to know too because I'm Facebook challenged. I've looked but I can't see comments of any kind on there.

Omigod, where are you looking? The page is swamped with posts about it. Right hand side, click on "comments by others (or whatever) and the "see all"

Imagine nightmare on boarding day and some people are allowed to bring on a case of wine while others are only allowed one bottle.

:D Indeed,,,,,,,, could get pretty ugly. :eek:

I was thinking more about someone bringing a single bottle back from a port stop like in Venice and they have one bottle of wine in their backpack.

Edited by sail7seas