Red Roof Inn...Miami Airport

camper49

We are currently booked at the LaQuinta East for our pre-cruise stay in December but I'm gonna cancel that and stay at the Sleep inn and Suites in Dania Beach.

The LaQuinta has been getting some bad reviews on trip advisor recently

• 1 month later...
Any one stayed there for a park n' cruise??

We stayed at La Quinta Airport East for our Jan cruise and have booked for Jan 2014 as well. Red Roof is right next door and is around $50 cheaper right now.

No, don't stay here. Pay the extra fifty and stay at La Quinta.

There is a REASON that hotels that are next door to each other have such a large variation in price.

The airport area is bad enough without adding a horrible motel into the mix.

Any one stayed there for a park n' cruise??

We stayed at La Quinta Airport East for our Jan cruise and have booked for Jan 2014 as well. Red Roof is right next door and is around $50 cheaper right now.

I know we're on a Liberty Roll Call together but can't remember which one?

We're staying at LaQuinta Airport East on January 17th for our January 18th cruise. We've stayed there 2 other times when we've cruised out of Miami.

Thanks for your answer camper49. I tried LaQuinta for my date, but they had no availability. I called and spoke with someone at Red Roof Inn about long term parking. He said it is gated and there is security. I have never had a problem with the brand, and will give it a try again. I booked through stay123 , which was $124 for one night and up to 14 days parking, with shuttle to port. When I checked directly with Red Roof Inn, the rate was $159 for the same. I will be sure to leave my review after our trip!

Thanks for your answer camper49. I tried LaQuinta for my date, but they had no availability. I called and spoke with someone at Red Roof Inn about long term parking. He said it is gated and there is security. I have never had a problem with the brand, and will give it a try again. I booked through stay123 , which was $124 for one night and up to 14 days parking, with shuttle to port. When I checked directly with Red Roof Inn, the rate was $159 for the same. I will be sure to leave my review after our trip!

Don't say you weren't warned. You could not pay me to stay here.

Don't say you weren't warned. You could not pay me to stay here.

With all due respect. I find that some people have such strong opinions, that they get snippy if you don't do what they say. Blue herons, all I have from you is 'don't do it', ' go somewhere else'. I haven't seen any explanation why. Isn't that what these boards are about? A place to come and get a little helpful advise from people who have been there? I'm not trying to make an argument. I have been researching all this for some time. I feel i have made an educated and informed decision. I did check many sites for reviews, and they really werent all that bad. I am not afraid to stay at a less than 5 star establishment. It really doesn't seem there are any real good parking options in Miami. I drive a 10 year old vehicle. Not really worried about damage! I'm not driving a Lexus. It will cost me more to drive to Miami, park, and stay for one night than the whole cruise will cost. So I am trying to find a deal. Perhaps I should have qualified my inquiry in advance so you would know from where I am coming?

With all due respect. I find that some people have such strong opinions, that they get snippy if you don't do what they say. Blue herons, all I have from you is 'don't do it', ' go somewhere else'. I haven't seen any explanation why. Isn't that what these boards are about? A place to come and get a little helpful advise from people who have been there? I'm not trying to make an argument. I have been researching all this for some time. I feel i have made an educated and informed decision. I did check many sites for reviews, and they really werent all that bad. I am not afraid to stay at a less than 5 star establishment. It really doesn't seem there are any real good parking options in Miami. I drive a 10 year old vehicle. Not really worried about damage! I'm not driving a Lexus. It will cost me more to drive to Miami, park, and stay for one night than the whole cruise will cost. So I am trying to find a deal. Perhaps I should have qualified my inquiry in advance so you would know from where I am coming?

NOTED

Red Roof has hourly prices . . .

Please enlighten me! If you are so opposed to my selection, I would love to know why. 4 and 5 word cryptic messages aren't telling me anything. Please spell it out!

It is a dump of a hotel that is in a crummy area.

Some airport hotels charge hourly for weary travelers. The Red Roof Inn charges hourly for horny travelers.

You are 100% guaranteed to see hookers at this motel. Cut a wide path, they are mean and they will fight.

Edited by BlueHerons

Oh my gosh - so has this thread encouraged anyone to change their plans? Seriously asking. This is just nasty. I wouldever put myself or my family up at either of these places.

We stayed at La Quinta Airport East in Jan. and have booked it again for Jan. 2014. It was our first sailing out of POM. The rooms were clean,breakfast good and our car was ok when we returned. If i happen to find another place that is still in our budget , i will be changing.What about Springhill Suites?

Edited by camper49

We stayed at La Quinta Airport East in Jan. and have booked it again for Jan. 2014. It was our first sailing out of POM. The rooms were clean,breakfast good and our car was ok when we returned. If i happen to find another place that is still in our budget , i will be changing.What about Springhill Suites?

Springhill Suites Miami Airport South is $179 + tax for the night we need (1/17/14). It does include shuttle from airport, but I don't see anything listed for cruiseport.

• 1 year later...

I stayed at Red Roof Inn last February. It was very affordable, with free cruise parking and shuttle to the Port. We did have to take a taxi back to the hotel post cruise. The hotel is newly renovated and very clean. Parking was secure, well lit, and fenced in. I was very pleased.

Sent from my iPad using Forums