Could Freedom Be Renamed To Splash?

Triumph is a fine name and the ship had a very triumphant return.

I don't see Freedom being renamed to Splash. I can't see Carnival having a Splash class, which the new ship would be the first of.

I am concerned that the Fish and Chips might be removed. I certainly hope not. :eek:

Me too Sarge..... I love that place!

Back to the OP's question, like many others I really doubt that Freedom will be renamed following the extended maintenance period. I believe it will have been nearly 5 years since Freedom's last significant maintenance so it's due. The addition of the 2.0 upgrades, water park and the technical items for fire suppression and power redundancy plus the usual replacement things, I can see it taking the better part of two months.

Wt was a good name. Even the analysts recommenD a name change.

Most now equate Triumph with the POOP cruise.

The ship made a triumpant retiurn, but the name has not.

Most associate it with the day CNN lost what little credibility they had left.

The other most associate it with free cruises.

If they were going to change the name, they would have.

I would've thought that Victory or Triumph would go under the knife first. But what do I know.

I think that they planned on doing the Triumph, but since they had the incident with the Triumph, there was not enough time to get all of the materials and plan the overhaul that the Triumph was expected to receive. And the Victory's schedule was already out at this time, for all 5 day cruises, so they didn't choose the Victory. The Freedom's schedule was also already out, but this itinerary included 6 and 8 day cruises... When a new ship comes out, or is completely refurbished, they usually like to sail them on longer cruises (6,7, or 8 days). Possibly this is the reason the Freedom was chosen as opposed to Victory or Triumph...

I think that they planned on doing the Triumph, but since they had the incident with the Triumph, there was not enough time to get all of the materials and plan the overhaul that the Triumph was expected to receive. And the Victory's schedule was already out at this time, for all 5 day cruises, so they didn't choose the Victory. The Freedom's schedule was also already out, but this itinerary included 6 and 8 day cruises... When a new ship comes out, or is completely refurbished, they usually like to sail them on longer cruises (6,7, or 8 days). Possibly this is the reason the Freedom was chosen as opposed to Victory or Triumph...

Also Freedom sails some very attractive itineraries - the same ones the Breeze sails. It's already a more expensive cruise to begin with, and if they add all of the new bells and whistles they can charge even more.

No, because if you do a mock booking, you are unable to book the Freedom from 3/30 to 4/19

I think their point was that it was not such a long drydock with the pontetial typo (which I dont think is correct btw). You would dispute that by do a mock booking(s) from 4/19 to 5/19.

I would have thought that they would wait a little longer before they retrofit another ship like the Sunshine to see how well it's recieved.

I agree. There should be a plethora of posts when that ship comes to America, if it does come to America.

Why, why, why would anyone name a ship "SPLASH"? Sounds so immature and couldn't come up with anything better.

FREEDOM sounds so much more solid.

I agree. It's almost like "how cheesy can we make the next ship's new name?"

Carnival is definitely turning into a "Carnival",:o:confused:,, I'll still sail them, after everything has quieted down for them. Maybe on the breeze next year:)

Why, why, why would anyone name a ship "SPLASH"? Sounds so immature and couldn't come up with anything better.

FREEDOM sounds so much more solid.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the SUNSHINE was deemed to be named SPLASH. That got buried after the Concordia made its SPLASH.

Still don't know why there was a need to change the name other than to bury the name Destiny.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the SUNSHINE was deemed to be named SPLASH. That got buried after the Concordia made its SPLASH.

Still don't know why there was a need to change the name other than to bury the name Destiny.

Oh what a tangled web we weave...

Verrrry interesting...:cool:

I thought John said that splash was originally the name for the breeze, but was changed early in the planning period.

To the op I don't think they will change the name. That means every ship they do this to will have a name change. That's a lot of ships.

I thought John said that splash was originally the name for the breeze, but was changed early in the planning period.

To the op I don't think they will change the name. That means every ship they do this to will have a name change. That's a lot of ships.

If memory serves (others more than I these days), the Breeze was trademarked and ordered in 2010, and the name SPLASH was "trademarked" in September of 2011.

If memory serves (others more than I these days), the Breeze was trademarked and ordered in 2010, and the name SPLASH was "trademarked" in September of 2011.

You could very well be correct. I just thought I read that from his Facebook or blog a while back.

Archived