Bit of a Blog - M/S Chardonnay - Cote d'Azur to Paris - August 1st 2013

NorbertsNiece

What Laduree is famous for

IMG_2426.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

The queue is just to get in the shop to buy macaroons..... there is an equally long queue inside...

IMG_2428.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

That's pretty much it for the photos I'll be posting. It was a wonderful trip with family and new friends.

Thank you for reading along and for your feedback. Always happy to answer questions. x

• 7 months later...

Just found your review of the river cruise....thanks so much for posting!! Really enjoyed it! We spent 3 weeks touring France last year and your review brought back lots of great memories. And yes, Carrieres de Lumieres was one of the highlights of our trip as well and I agree anyone close by should make sure they see it!

We are doing our first river cruise this summer so appreciate your information! Thanks! Jerry

Hi Linda, We leave for France in 25 days. Thanks to you & this thread, it helped us select a river cruise company (Vantage) & this itinerary. In fact, I was just reviewing this thread for more information. We are trying to figure the logistics to see Carriere des Lumieres while on the cruise as I have read on CC it isn't to be missed & friends who traveled there recently concurred.

- Rose

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for your review. It brought back memories. Did this same cruise in 2007. I must say of my 7 river cruises it was my least favorite though. The small group was nice. Got to know most of the passengers quite well. Yes, I thought the dining room was crowded but it amazed me the wonderful dishes that the small kitchen crew put out. Interesting the captain was the same. I also went to the same home hosted dinner. It was great to see the children so grown. They were quite young when I was there. Mom and Dad looked much the same.

We also went to Oingt and to the nearby winery. Recognized the couple that own the winery and they looked much the same. It was raining when we got to Oingt, but stopped shortly after we arrived. I got some great pictures of that lovely little town but best was the fog rolling over the vineyard covered hillsides. This was a very nice itinerary but my my disappointed was in the boat Chardonnay. I was in Room 8. The room was huge compared to any other river boat but it smelled like must or mildew. The public rooms were so very small. If I were to do this cruise again, I'd want to go with a bigger and nicer boat for the price they charge.

• 2 years later...

Hello Norberts Niece - Well it's all your fault. I followed your blog back in 2013 when you were on your trip, and I was captivated. The ship and the ports seemed so charming. So, now in a few days we will be leaving for Paris, and doing this itinerary on the M/S Provence in the opposite direction of the way you did yours. It was you that inspired me. I am looking forward to having as good a time as you seemed to have. Hope you are still lurking about on this forum and see this post.

Hello Norberts Niece - Well it's all your fault. I followed your blog back in 2013 when you were on your trip, and I was captivated. The ship and the ports seemed so charming. So, now in a few days we will be leaving for Paris, and doing this itinerary on the M/S Provence in the opposite direction of the way you did yours. It was you that inspired me. I am looking forward to having as good a time as you seemed to have. Hope you are still lurking about on this forum and see this post.

Oh wow. Thank you so much for letting me know!

For all sorts of reasons this cruise holds precious memories..... my Uncle Norbert is not in the best of health and this was the last time I saw him.

You are going to have a wonderful time. Wish I were coming with you! x