Need suggestion for good meeting place in Istanbul

I have some friends who are 'cruising' the Mediterranean this summer on their own private boat and we are going to try to meet up the day our cruise ship is in Istanbul. We are taking a morning tour with the cruise ship that ends at the Grand Bazzar. Does anyone know of a good place close to there that both of us could easily locate after our tour is finished?

Why not at the entrance to the GB?

More than one entrance, Keith, and on different sides of the bazaar.

Can I suggest the row of bars & cafes on the lower level of the Galata Bridge. Perhaps the Star Café.

ponte_galata.jpg

Your tour will drive over the Galata Bridge shortly after leaving the ship, and it's a five to ten minute walk downhill from the lower entrance of the Grand Bazaar. Very easy to find. You will need to use the underpass to cross the busy waterfront road, then walk the right-hand/downstream lower level of the bridge. Plenty of cafes & bars along the bridge, with open-air seating right alongside the sidewalk. Pleasant & interesting place to wait & with attractive views. If there's no tables free at Star Café there will be at another in the row & it'll be easy to spot your friends.

GalataBridgeWLabels.jpg

JB :)

I think meeting near the Bazaar, either at the main entrance or at the Starbucks (as suggested) are good. No need to go as far as the area where Haghia Sofia and Blue Mosque are located (unless you are planning to go there anyway.)

Thank you all for the suggestions. I had just been reading about the Galata Bridge and all the little eating places on it. And appreciate the info about the Starbucks near the GB. Will throw out both of these to my friends and one of them should work great.

Sherry

Archived