Cabin Decoration Issues

Beware if you are ordering cabin decorations...make sure you know what you're getting.

DS and DIL are on their honeymoon on Jewel of the Seas. I ordered the Just Married decorations for the cabin. I have seen them many times on other ships and know that the door sign says "just married"...I've also seen some that say "honeymoon". And the inside decorations were supposed to be wedding bells.

What they actually got was red hearts with cherubs and the door sign says "celebrate love". They look like valentine's decorations :eek:

Now I know the website says styles are subject to change, but if I'm ordering a product that is called "JUST MARRIED" decorations, they should say JM on them. I don't care if they changed the design, colors, etc. but they should not change the wording without changing the description on the website.

To me this would be equivalent to ordering Happy Birthday decorations that don't say HAPPY BIRTHDAY :rolleyes:

Anyway, after calling gifts and gear and getting a supervisor, I was told this is the new Just Married decoration...what??? I'm guessing they're also using the same one for anniversary decorations. Anyway, they were nice enough to refund my $31.

I know many of you say buy your own at the dollar store and do it yourself, but my kids sent me the birthday decorations last year and they were such a nice surprise and I enjoyed them all week, so I thought it would be nice for the honeymooners. :D Not to mention that obviously I didn't go on the honeymoon with them so I wouldn't have been able to decorate it myself;)

...I know many of you say buy your own at the dollar store and do it yourself, but my kids sent me the birthday decorations last year and they were such a nice surprise and I enjoyed them all week, so I thought it would be nice for the honeymooners. :D Not to mention that obviously I didn't go on the honeymoon with them so I wouldn't have been able to decorate it myself;)

:D But you just gave some some nosy CC mother's in law an excuse to do just that.:eek:;)

I'm glad you were proactive and got your money back. DH got the birthday decorations and a bouquet of flowers for me one year for a special birthday. They were very nice but once was enough. Not sure I'd want a JM sign on the cabin door though - thinking about kids and drunks running around at night banging on doors.

Would never waste money on room decorations.

Especially at that price...

What you get is not bad for the price you pay. We did it last month for our SIL's birthday. His little girl got such a kick out of it that it was worth every penny.

Beware if you are ordering cabin decorations...make sure you know what you're getting.

DS and DIL are on their honeymoon on Jewel of the Seas. I ordered the Just Married decorations for the cabin. I have seen them many times on other ships and know that the door sign says "just married"...I've also seen some that say "honeymoon". And the inside decorations were supposed to be wedding bells.

What they actually got was red hearts with cherubs and the door sign says "celebrate love". They look like valentine's decorations :eek:

Now I know the website says styles are subject to change, but if I'm ordering a product that is called "JUST MARRIED" decorations, they should say JM on them. I don't care if they changed the design, colors, etc. but they should not change the wording without changing the description on the website.

To me this would be equivalent to ordering Happy Birthday decorations that don't say HAPPY BIRTHDAY :rolleyes:

Anyway, after calling gifts and gear and getting a supervisor, I was told this is the new Just Married decoration...what??? I'm guessing they're also using the same one for anniversary decorations. Anyway, they were nice enough to refund my $31.

I know many of you say buy your own at the dollar store and do it yourself, but my kids sent me the birthday decorations last year and they were such a nice surprise and I enjoyed them all week, so I thought it would be nice for the honeymooners. :D Not to mention that obviously I didn't go on the honeymoon with them so I wouldn't have been able to decorate it myself;)

#firstworldproblems

Would never waste money on room decorations.

Especially at that price...

Funny, I was just thinking that $31 isn't bad for someone who wants to send a little gift to people on board. And the room decorations are a nice surprise to get.

But for $31 I would expect the product to be as advertised.

We have gotten the decorations for Anniversary's and Birthday's a number of times for ourselves as well as others we cruised with. I don't think $31 is bad at all. My husband loves them, so it is fun to get them for his birthday and surprise him with them

But we also have always gotten exactly what we ordered, never different from what we expected we were going to get, so that was nice.

I was quite shocked by how much RCI charge. I was going to do Happy Birthday ones for my daughter this trip having done them for free with another cruise line for my son last year. When I saw the price I decided against it!

I would have been very disappointed to have been misled on ordering Just Married decorations for someone and ending up with a very corny sounding "celebrate love" stuff instead. I am glad they refunded your money.

Maybe the PC police/lawyers don't allow the use of the term "married" in case someone has some sort of other arrangement...

Maybe the PC police/lawyers don't allow the use of the term "married" in case someone has some sort of other arrangement...

HA...good point ;) But then they shouldn't advertise them as "just married" decorations. :D They should call them "Celebrate Love" decorations...in which case I would not have ordered them in the first place :rolleyes:

I was quite shocked by how much RCI charge. I was going to do Happy Birthday ones for my daughter this trip having done them for free with another cruise line for my son last year. When I saw the price I decided against it!

I would have been very disappointed to have been misled on ordering Just Married decorations for someone and ending up with a very corny sounding "celebrate love" stuff instead. I am glad they refunded your money.

Thanks...actually I think they are worth $31...the birthday ones I got last year were really nice...filled the cabin...looked pretty on the door. BUT...they said HAPPY BIRTHDAY all over them :D

We would like to decorate our daughters and husbands sisters cabin next March. It will be their very first cruise so wanted to do a Bon Voyage Decoration.

We got my son and his cousin a room to share last year and did those decorations... It was both their first cruises... I think it made it exciting for them to walk in and already feel like there was a "party" going on...

Blue Line, compared to DH & I, it took us 6 yrs to get 3 cruises in, ( 2002, 2004, & 2006) Our daughter and husbands sister will be joining us to Australia for a 13 day NZ, 9 days land, 18 days TP, & 12 day Hawaii back to Vancouver. They will either love it or hate it, trouble is once on, no getting off.:D. I will wait until Fall to order their Bon Voyage Decorations, that should really spice up their room, from us. :) We did one for our Anniversary and it was really nice.

Gay

I ordered room decorations for my friend when she went on her first cruise. She didn't know that I had ordered the decorations and said that she was soooooo thrilled when she opened the door and saw them.

I have ordered them for our Anniversary cruise to surprise my husband, and I'm looking forward to seeing them myself. Life, Breath, Surprises and MEMORIES...........PRICELESS.

Two week ago my DH and I celebrated our 50th anniv. and our TA had our room decorated. Guess what??? It was celebrate love and actually pretty tacky. We took it down very soon.

Our grandson had a birthday and his was decorated and he loved it. All in the eyes of the beholder.

Thank you for sharing! I am going on my honeymoon on Sunday and ordered the Just Married decorations. I would have been upset if I saw the Celebrate Love replacements, simply for the false advertising. I am canceling tomorrow!

Thank you for sharing! I am going on my honeymoon on Sunday and ordered the Just Married decorations. I would have been upset if I saw the Celebrate Love replacements, simply for the false advertising. I am canceling tomorrow!

Glad I could help. :D This is exactly why I started this thread...so someone else wouldn't be disappointed with CL instead of JM :eek:

Two week ago my DH and I celebrated our 50th anniv. and our TA had our room decorated. Guess what??? It was celebrate love and actually pretty tacky. We took it down very soon.

Our grandson had a birthday and his was decorated and he loved it. All in the eyes of the beholder.

This is just what I thought...the are doing the celebrate love decorations since they can use them for more than one occasion...wedding, honeymoon, anniversary. Yet if you go to order them, they are still separate item numbers...one for JM and one for anniversary...yet you're getting the same product :rolleyes:

Yuck! Thanks for posting. I now know I won't get them for our friends who are honeymooning and going on their first cruise.

#firstworldproblems

Please, don't take this as ugly, but aren't most all of the posts on this board "first world problems?" I mean, we're talking cruises...

Edited by sunnysavannah

This past June we did a Celebrity cruise to Alaska for my Grandson's 13th birthday. I purchase the Kid's Birthday decorations and all we got was this dumb table topper with Happy Birthday ribbons and a day bag. No streamers, no door sign, nothing. That was the worst $30+ I ever spent!