I am not buying anything new for my cruise

McDebbie

While I'm not buying anything new myself for my next cruise, I have 2 daughter and 2 granddaughters who seems to think it's their mission to buy me new things for cruising as gifts for Christmas, birthdays , etc. ...

LuLu

~~~~

Okay, 2 weeks later and the two items I did buy promptly went back. I shopped my closet and found a bathing suit top I had "forgotten" about (yeah, cause why was it in the closet and not the bathing suit drawer?) Another thread reminded me of those printed fish/star fish tank dresses I never wear - yay! they fit!

Ok, I did buy 3 new tank tops from Sears but they were 3.99 each, I needed them anyway. OH!! And Croc's now makes a sandal that looks like the old Dr Scolls sandals and they are so cute and Kohl's had them for $16.99. But they weren't really FOR the cruise. So yeah, I didn't buy anything..... :D

For my upcoming cruise next month, I recently discovered I am in need of a waterproof watch and at least one maxi dress and one maxi skirt.

I have the watch ordered, but I CANNOT find a nice maxi dress/skirt for a good price anywhere! I'm getting frustrated and running out of time... anybody know of any good ones? Especially with the labor day sales this weekend? :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

For my upcoming cruise next month, I recently discovered I am in need of a waterproof watch and at least one maxi dress and one maxi skirt.

I have the watch ordered, but I CANNOT find a nice maxi dress/skirt for a good price anywhere! I'm getting frustrated and running out of time... anybody know of any good ones? Especially with the labor day sales this weekend? :D

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

JJill has some and right now everything is 40% off sale price . I bought a short linen dress for $19.99.They have a cute maxi skirt in their outlet section for $19.99 plus 40% off .

If you need something, you buy it. Personally when I read many of these threads it seems like people buy stuff they don't need. Like who needs another black dress if you already have 5?

Nobody is going to know or care if your clothes are new or not

Guilty as charged! I love shopping for trips. I used to shop constantly but finances and weight got in the way. Cruise shopping gives me motivation to lose weight. :)))

Whatever I don't wear, I give to my teenage daughter. If she doesn't want it, I consign it and make some $$ back. Win-win as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you need something, you buy it. Personally when I read many of these threads it seems like people buy stuff they don't need. Like who needs another black dress if you already have 5?

Nobody is going to know or care if your clothes are new or not

Here comes the rain

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

LOL, well I read this thread and was going to reply that I wasn't buying anything new this time....it was a short lived belief because we dropped in JC Penney's tonight and I got three clearance blouses for 11$ and I picked up two pairs of shorts and two IZOD polo shirts for hubby for $20. I can't buy too much. I'm low carbing and losing weight again finally after 6 months on WW losing and gaining the same three pounds after my gallbladder surgery. So happy....looking to lose at least 75 pounds. Might have to pull the sewing machine out! :D

Archived