I am not buying anything new for my cruise

McDebbie

I swear, I really am not. Probably...

I might need a new bathing suit top. Well, not need but you know, sales...

We don't dress up any more but white pants would look really good with my aqua tank and necklace and I don't have any white pants...

My cruise "purse" that holds all our documents is getting really old but so cute with all the beachy colors. Trade it in or get one more cruise out of it?

I can't justify one purchase but what would a cruise be without something new?

Me either! I'm not buying anything...else...I just got my new lands end bathing suit in the mail and I probably don't need another dress...but if all my cruise pictures look the same because we are wearing the same outfits, how can I tell the difference between the trips? Ah...so I do need new clothes :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I swear, I really am not. Probably...

I might need a new bathing suit top. Well, not need but you know, sales...

We don't dress up any more but white pants would look really good with my aqua tank and necklace and I don't have any white pants...

My cruise "purse" that holds all our documents is getting really old but so cute with all the beachy colors. Trade it in or get one more cruise out of it?

I can't justify one purchase but what would a cruise be without something new?

And now is the time to buy bathing suits...and if don't have white pants, then obviously you need some :)

I have to get two new formal dresses. I tend to buy formal pictures and I've gotten all of mine cheap enough that I want something new for a change of pictures!

Plus, if I'm going to parasail, I need a new one-piece.

I always wear something new for embarkation. For most things, I just bring my normal summer sundresses for day and cocktail dresses or dressier sundresses for night. But I just like to have something special for embarkation that I haven't worn to work!

Here's how to save two ways. Don't buy anything new for the cruise and don't buy any cruise pictures. Then you'll save money both on photos and clothes. Plus without cruise pictures no one will know you are wearing the same outfits on two or more separate cruises.

(This sage advice comes from someone who finds an excuse to buy something new for every criuse. :o)

I am addicted to cruise shopping. I don't buy anything that I don't think will be worn on a cruise. But, I do have a lot of things I only wear on a cruise, specifically formal wear as we have no need for these things in our real life. I have my eye on a dress I saw on-line that I really love. I am having trouble justifying it as it is a cocktail dress. I know I will give in soon, and I have so long until my next cruise.

So, I said all of that to let you know you are not alone.

I don't want to buy anything but I haven't really shopped for clothes all summer because I didn't have vacation plans like I usually do and I've basically been a homebody. Booked my upcoming cruise last minute and now I have no idea what I want to buy. I'm more concerned about what my kids will be bringing and they are teenagers! LOL

It's tax free week here in MD, so I won't feel bad about picking up a few things ON SALE here or there. I can't believe I'm not more excited about shopping so I guess my recovery from being a bonafide former shopaholic is working. It's absolutely amazing. Well, that and the fact I've gained 20 lbs since my last vacay to Cabo in 2011.

I mostly wear maxi dresses and blousy tops over wide leg pants with wedges, so I may get one or two of those outfits and shoes. I am not looking forward to going out in a bathing suit, so I know I have to snag a nice maxi skirt for my bottom half. But that's it! :rolleyes:

I don't want to buy anything but I haven't really shopped for clothes all summer because I didn't have vacation plans like I usually do and I've basically been a homebody. Booked my upcoming cruise last minute and now I have no idea what I want to buy. I'm more concerned about what my kids will be bringing and they are teenagers! LOL

It's tax free week here in MD, so I won't feel bad about picking up a few things ON SALE here or there. I can't believe I'm not more excited about shopping so I guess my recovery from being a bonafide former shopaholic is working. It's absolutely amazing. Well, that and the fact I've gained 20 lbs since my last vacay to Cabo in 2011.

I mostly wear maxi dresses and blousy tops over wide leg pants with wedges, so I may get one or two of those outfits and shoes. I am not looking forward to going out in a bathing suit, so I know I have to snag a nice maxi skirt for my bottom half. But that's it! :rolleyes:

There are some good sales out there, so get shopping!:D (Yes, I am an enabler.)

I am addicted to cruise shopping. I don't buy anything that I don't think will be worn on a cruise. But, I do have a lot of things I only wear on a cruise, specifically formal wear as we have no need for these things in our real life. I have my eye on a dress I saw on-line that I really love. I am having trouble justifying it as it is a cocktail dress. I know I will give in soon, and I have so long until my next cruise.

So, I said all of that to let you know you are not alone.

:D Buy it fast; it could get sold out and then you'll be sorry!! :)

You know you'll look great in it for your cruise.

I put a dress in my on line shopping bag the other night and by the time I went to check out, it was sold out and I didn't get it. (Lord and Taylor)

:D Buy it fast; it could get sold out and then you'll be sorry!! :)

You know you'll look great in it for your cruise.

I put a dress in my on line shopping bag the other night and by the time I went to check out, it was sold out and I didn't get it. (Lord and Taylor)

It is funny you should say that. I went on line earlier and scanned through all of the dresses to see if it was on sale. I didn't see it and resigned myself, although reluctantly, that it was not meant to be. Well I had to scan again and of course it was there, but not on sale. I will wait a little while. If it's gone, I'll find another. I really don't need another. I just really liked this one.

Me either! I'm not buying anything...else...I just got my new lands end bathing suit in the mail and I probably don't need another dress...but if all my cruise pictures look the same because we are wearing the same outfits, how can I tell the difference between the trips? Ah...so I do need new clothes :)

LOL! You sound like my DH - bought a few new things a couple weeks back then started shopping in my closet. When hubby saw some of the choices he was like "well I've seen you in that" or "we've already taken pictures in that" and he's actually been encouraging me to shop ... uhhh ... YIKES I need somebody to be the voice of reason and it's usually him lol. Celebrating our 10 year anniversary on this cruise, and I already see over packing on the horizon.

I don't buy new clothes often so I don't feel bad. I actually just got a great deal on a dress I'm taking on the cruise. I bought it a few weeks back at 10% off, went back to the store last Sunday and it was another 50% off :eek: luckily I had the old receipt in my purse (it takes me months to throw them out just for this reason) and (still shopping) immediately went to another mall/store location and returned it at the higher price. I know that's cheap but I was able to get a few more cruise pieces with the $ saved :p

I don't buy new clothes often so I don't feel bad. I actually just got a great deal on a dress I'm taking on the cruise. I bought it a few weeks back at 10% off, went back to the store last Sunday and it was another 50% off :eek: luckily I had the old receipt in my purse (it takes me months to throw them out just for this reason) and (still shopping) immediately went to another mall/store location and returned it at the higher price. I know that's cheap but I was able to get a few more cruise pieces with the $ saved :p

I've done that before.

Trixiegal, Women Within has their bathing suits 70% off! I didn't really go shopping, the ad just popped up in my email. So new suit for $20.99 (which I almost bought a few months ago for $59) and a cute cover up for $11.99. Look how much I saved. ;)

I am going to shop my closet for the rest of my clothes though, we aren't traveling with any friends this time so it doesn't matter if I've worn it before.

Buying mini nail polish and make up remover swabs at Sephora does NOT count. Socks and gum at Target do not count. Mini containers at Container Store do not count. These are all requirements for travel!

For my Maryland buddy...Kohl;s has 15% off Yes coupons running around and Macy's one-day-sale is this Friday/Saturday. No need to pay Annapolis any more than we already do!

Melissa

Well as I said I definitely don't need anything for my next cruise but I am going to buy some accessories I saw today for Pirate night on DCL.

My excuse is I will have them for the next time and each subsequent Pirate night or Halloween. It's only costume jewelery but it will complete the look nicely as it is all skulls and skeletons. Costs $$$ though for what I would like, but it is rhinestones and blingy, so have to hide it and pretend it came from Party City for $15......hee hee

Yes I am nuts, it's official.

For my Maryland buddy...Kohl;s has 15% off Yes coupons running around and Macy's one-day-sale is this Friday/Saturday. No need to pay Annapolis any more than we already do!

Melissa

I'm at Kohl's right now! How do I find a Yes pass???

I'm at Kohl's right now! How do I find a Yes pass???

Mine came in the mail. Check their website. We also got a community paper today that had one in it. I bet there's one at the cash register you can borrow!

Archived