No cabin assignment 24 hours before sailing

The chief engineer slumped over the console, his ear protectors twisted askew. "Is he dead?", the FO whispered. Realising no-one could hear him over the racket, he asked again, rather louder this time.

"Oh no, that's his thinking pose. We've never liked to ask why he can't wear his ear muffs the proper way."

The FO gave this some consideration, then threw a wrench at the cogitator. "You're needed on the bridge, come quickly".

The chief engineer found all this to be a little strange. Why would he be needed on the bridge at this stage? They were in port, and not due to sail for hours. On the quayside, luggage and supplies were scurrying around, presumably being steered by unseen workers.

The captain was waiting for them, staring straight ahead. "Men, we have a problem. Something that it's going to take all our wits combined to solve, and we don't have much time. I'm sorry to break it to you like this, but it seems we have an unassigned suite guarantee..."

To be continued.

I have a 1L diet coke and a bucket of popcorn at the ready for the gripping conclusion to this mystery.. do I need a supply of tissues as well? :o

The chief engineer slumped over the console, his ear protectors twisted askew. "Is he dead?", the FO whispered. Realising no-one could hear him over the racket, he asked again, rather louder this time.

"Oh no, that's his thinking pose. We've never liked to ask why he can't wear his ear muffs the proper way."

The FO gave this some consideration, then threw a wrench at the cogitator. "You're needed on the bridge, come quickly".

The chief engineer found all this to be a little strange. Why would he be needed on the bridge at this stage? They were in port, and not due to sail for hours. On the quayside, luggage and supplies were scurrying around, presumably being steered by unseen workers.

The captain was waiting for them, staring straight ahead. "Men, we have a problem. Something that it's going to take all our wits combined to solve, and we don't have much time. I'm sorry to break it to you like this, but it seems we have an unassigned suite guarantee..."

To be continued.

too funny...

Just commenting so I can follow this easier. I desperately hope the OP comes back to the boards before we leave for our cruise next Thursday...I'm sure I won't be able to enjoy my cruise if I don't know the outcome of this great mystery!!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

"I'm sorry to break it to you like this, but it seems we have an unassigned suite guarantee..."

A gasp rose into the air and spread like a ripple throughout the ship. Some later claimed it was like a wave, while others said it was a wave. They were, after all, on a ship, and a wave was far more likely than a gasp. Regardless, the assembled crew were stunned.

"Why the f*** are you telling us this?", queried the chief engineer, showing a marvelous grasp of the vernacular for someone speaking English as his fourth language. The company mandated English lessons were really paying off, though the Purser didn't remember that particular lesson plan. "Is this why you called me up here? Let the hotel manager sort it out."

"Perhaps I should have mentioned this first - we seem to have misplaced the hotel director. And the assistant hotel director. No-one's seen the chief of housekeeping in a while either."

With those words, a chill swept over everyone on the bridge. Silently, the 3O readjusted the thermostat, which he had been playing with while the captain spoke.

What will happen next? How will they deal with this? Where *are* the missing team members? What's the current thermostat setting? Tune in soon...

What will happen next? How will they deal with this? Where *are* the missing team members? What's the current thermostat setting? Tune in soon...[/i]

*cough, choke, sputter*

Oh well, I didn't like that keyboard anyway. Good thing, since it's now flooded with my morning soda.

I think I am more interested in THOIE's mystery then the OPs cabin assignment.

I was hoping it wasn't annoying people. According to another site, the Oasis is halfway back to FLL at the moment, due in tomorrow. Trying to figure out if the OP will be back online straight away, or maybe Sunday. If I could time things right, the OP could provide the denouement...

I was hoping it wasn't annoying people. According to another site, the Oasis is halfway back to FLL at the moment, due in tomorrow. Trying to figure out if the OP will be back online straight away, or maybe Sunday. If I could time things right, the OP could provide the denouement...

It isn't at all annoying. I want to know how it ends. Did the FO resign? Did they find the hotel manager? Who will think of the missing room assignment? These are important questions. :D

Don't know about others, but although I check Cruise Critic often before a cruise, once on board I don't use costly Internet minutes to check Cruise Critic.. I'm sure the OP is enjoying his cruise and is probably in a great cabin. Anything less and I'm sure we'd have heard all about it...

I am interested also, however he has not posted since his last post on August 16th.

Of course he has not posted since August 16th. His last post stated he would have no Internet access. He is aboard the ship enjoying his cruise and he hopefully will post once he gets home either Saturday or Sunday or we will never hear from him again.

Archived