Back to back cruises

manime

Stupid question alert ! Seen this mentioned on here quite a few times. Is this 2 separate cruises on the same ship or are people finishing one and catching another ? Is it cheaper to do it this way ?:confused: Any info gladly received.

Stupid question alert ! Seen this mentioned on here quite a few times. Is this 2 separate cruises on the same ship or are people finishing one and catching another ? Is it cheaper to do it this way ?:confused: Any info gladly received.

Hi, I booked a 14day Italy, Adriatic & greek Isles, on NCL in April for May 2014. I had no idea it was a b2b, until it was booked. I had to call to find out what that meant. when I went back to look, both weeks are offered seperately as well as a 14 day cruise. It's all on the same ship.

That's when I joined CC to find out all the stuff I don't know. I learn something new everyday.

A back to back is always the same ship.

If you change ships, it is not literally b-to-b but maybe subsequent cruises.

We've done many b-to-b's and love them. they are fabulous IMO

We never got much discount for b-to-b but now HAL combines some and offers a small discount they sometimes name "Collectibles' cruises.

Hi, I booked a 14day Italy, Adriatic & greek Isles, on NCL in April for May 2014. I had no idea it was a b2b, until it was booked. I had to call to find out what that meant. when I went back to look, both weeks are offered seperately as well as a 14 day cruise. It's all on the same ship.

That's when I joined CC to find out all the stuff I don't know. I learn something new everyday.

Is the price the same whether you booked each segment individually or as one cruise?

Is the price the same whether you booked each segment individually or as one cruise?

Not always.

Sometimes, we have found the price for two cruises added to the same as the one longer one. Other times we save money by booking as one cruise.

Be sure to factor in any OBC you may be eligible for. Sometimes you can do much better one way or the other. We were on a b2b2b around South America earlier this year. The cruise cost was exactly the same any way we booked it, but by booking 3 cruises, we got $1475 OBC from Princess vs $575 if we had booked it as one.

We have done our share of back to backs and even a back to back to back....and honestly do not like the things nearly as much as a longer cruise (not back to back). Here is why. Most back to backs are typically 7 day Caribbean cruises. On these ships you will typically get the same entertainment (main shows) repeated, the same repeated dinner menus, etc. You also have lots of folks coming and going on those turn around days, and assuming the turn around day is in the USA you will have to get off the ship and get cleared by immigration (this can be a minor hassle). The atmosphere on a true 14 day cruise is somewhat different with everything being a bit more laid back. And when you cruise with the same folks for 2 weeks (or longer) you have a better opportunity to make some new friends.

Hank

On Carnival a true B2B on the same ship is still considered 2 cruises, each with it's own booking number and the need to completely close out your onboard account at the end of the 1st week and get all new S&S cards and folio numbers for the 2nd week even if you are still in the same cabin.

I've never received any kind of discount for booking B2B's, but I have always received a nice fruit/wine/cheese basket from the Hotel Director on the 2nd week.

We frequently take B2B cruises and always make sure we have the same cabin for both sailings. :)

LuLu

~~~~

We do the same. It is one of the reasons we usually book far in advance.

I guess us South Carolina folk think alike. :)

On my upcoming b2b, I made sure I got the same cabin. I booked the first segment well after the Hawaii leg, and the Princess CSR was very accommodating in changing my cabin so I didn't have to move. Or rather my cabin steward wouldn't have to move me.:)

:eek: I have a B2B booked for next year. Do you really have to disembark after 1st week even if you have the same cabin? What about your belongings? :confused:

It depends on where your turnaround port is. In most cases if it is in the US, then you will need to get off and go thru immigration. If it is outside the US, generally, you do not have to go thru immigration. Your cruise line will tell you what has to be done and when to do it.

You can leave everything in your cabin.

We have done many back-to-back cruises on several cruise lines. In fact, our first cruises were back-to-back cruises.

HAL started something new a few years ago and now has many Collectors Cruises for all areas of the world. Sometimes we get 2% off when we book the cruises this way.

We like to book early so that we get the same cabin for both segments.

This is not a strictly B to B situation but I hope someone can provide me with some info. We have booked 2 separate cruises for eastern & western Caribbean, first on HAL and switching to Princess for the second week. Both ships will dock in Fort Lauderdale and changing ships will be on the same day. Does anyone know whether we can take our luggage directly to Princess once we disembark HAL, or do we have to keep them for a few hours until we can board Princess? Also, if we have to keep our luggage, is there somewhere that we can wait without having to go all over town? Thanks so much for any info that you can provide.:D

This is not a strictly B to B situation but I hope someone can provide me with some info. We have booked 2 separate cruises for eastern & western Caribbean, first on HAL and switching to Princess for the second week. Both ships will dock in Fort Lauderdale and changing ships will be on the same day. Does anyone know whether we can take our luggage directly to Princess once we disembark HAL, or do we have to keep them for a few hours until we can board Princess? Also, if we have to keep our luggage, is there somewhere that we can wait without having to go all over town? Thanks so much for any info that you can provide.:D

It will depend if Princess is finished with their debarkment procedures whether they are ready to take luggage for the next cruise.

Usually, you can drop luggage with Princess starting about 10 am. So just plan to be one of the last off the HAL ship and you should have little if any wait at Princess.

:eek: I have a B2B booked for next year. Do you really have to disembark after 1st week even if you have the same cabin? What about your belongings? :confused:

We did a B2B last summer with the turnaround port in Venice. We were in the same cabin both weeks. When we arrived in Venice we went sightseeing for the day, then came back on board. It was just another shore day for us. We did need to close out the account and reopen, and our room keys were supposed to work but didn't--that was fixed in an instant when we visited guest services.

We were also allowed to book alternate restaurant dining for the second week during the first week, and the ships photographer kept all the photos from the first week and put them onto the CD for the second week and only charged us once, which was a really nice bonus.

There were about 20 of us on for both weeks, so it was really nice the first night when we already had familiar faces in teh mix. :)

Archived