Inflatable Pool for Infant

Why cant the baby wear water diapers? It hold everything in the diaper . I guess I missed something ??

Because while they may or may not hold in solids, they definitely do not hold in bacteria. Think fecal tea if you want to be graphic. Actually, urine is relatively sterile unless a person has a bladder infection. Me, I totally avoid hot tubs and rarely use the pools.

Sweet....note to self don't enjoy the pool showers because some people dump their child urine soaked water into the drain.:eek::eek::eek:
FYI - urine is sterile.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We brought the inflatable duck when our son was 23 months old. NOT to use by the pool, but to give him baths in the cabin. We did it for one cruise and never again. The hassle was not worth it.

Personally, we though that bringing the duck up to the pool deck would've been an inconvenience and a lack of consideration, not only for us , but for our fellow cruisers. Pool decks on cruise ships have limited space without an inflatable duck making it even more limited.

I was actually thinking about that before I read your post. I picture a situation where there's maybe 20 of these things around the pool deck. Not only would it add to the congestion but it becomes a safety issue. If your kids are not potty trained, wait until they are and then let them enjoy the pool along with everyone else.

For those sailing in ships with splash pools for non-potty trained babies, those are the best. Otherwise, the duck pool worked for us. I am certain older kids and some adults probably go #1 in the pool.

Does the "Splash Pool" drain water go to the same place as all the other drain water and cycle back through the system?

I was actually thinking about that before I read your post. I picture a situation where there's maybe 20 of these things around the pool deck. Not only would it add to the congestion but it becomes a safety issue. If your kids are not potty trained, wait until they are and then let them enjoy the pool along with everyone else.

Umm.. No. A bit self serving, aren't we? If it was really going to impact, someone, we'd put it on one of our lounges. And no, I'm not going to deprive my one year old from a little splashing around while he sees his potty trained brother having fun. Enough said.

Seriously, why pick on the kids for this? If you expect to use public pool facilities on a ship with several thousand people, and don't think somebody isn't taking a leak in the pool, I have a wonderful can't lose investment opportunity for you.

You are so right. I would never use a public pool, anywhere.

My friend once said, but they recycle the water and they chlorinate. Yes I reply, but your toilet water is recycled and chlorinated too, would you swim in it!

Umm.. No. A bit self serving, aren't we? If it was really going to impact, someone, we'd put it on one of our lounges. And no, I'm not going to deprive my one year old from a little splashing around while he sees his potty trained brother having fun. Enough said.

Sigh.

Using that train of logic I should be able to bring my own chair and foot stool up there too right? Why should I deprive myself of my right to do whatever I want? Blow up pools, people bringing their own chairs and foot stools, we'd turn it into the Redneck Riviera up there. Nevermind that people would be tripping on them or that they'd pose a real hazard in the event of an emergency. Nevermind that your toddler would be splashing his or her urine and feces on the pool deck where I and others might be walking through it later in our bare feet. Nevermind that most would dump the water back into the pool or right on the pool deck because there probably won't be a drain anywhere handy. Ever try to carry a splash pool full of water to a drain that's maybe 30 or 40 feet away while trying to avoid people in chairs and people walking around? Let me know how that works out for you. All that matters is that you have the right to do whatever you want regardless of the health and safety of others.

Lastly, its not "depriving" your little one of anything. Your older child gets to go in there because he meets the rules and requirements of the activity. Your toddler doesn't. It would be no different then if your older child wanted to go down a water slide. You gonna push your baby down there too because you don't want to deprive him? There's a simple way around this and it involves using the word "No". I know parents today find that word offensive and it should never be applied to their kids but saying "No Johnny, I'm sorry but that area is for older kids. Someday you'll be allowed there but for now we have to follow the rules" creates a teachable moment.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

Seriously, why pick on the kids for this? If you expect to use public pool facilities on a ship with several thousand people, and don't think somebody isn't taking a leak in the pool, I have a wonderful can't lose investment opportunity for you.

My thoughts exactly! I also think that the child should be left with Grandma and mom and dad should cruise alone! They need it!

Elvis

That argument is easily extended to the absurd. Why have speed limits? People abuse them all the time. Might as well throw your arms up and do away with them. Why have age limits on drinking or drug laws? If you think there aren't hundreds of thousands doing drugs right now, "I have a wonderful can't lose investment opportunity for you.".

Organizations have rules for a reason. They of course know that there are people out there who pretend that they are under no obligation to follow those rules and that inconveniencing others is a small price to pay for their exclusive enjoyment but by having rules they hope to minimize the damage that the ignorant cause.

Sigh.

Using that train of logic I should be able to bring my own chair and foot stool up there too right? Why should I deprive myself of my right to do whatever I want? Blow up pools, people bringing their own chairs and foot stools, we'd turn it into the Redneck Riviera up there. Nevermind that people would be tripping on them or that they'd pose a real hazard in the event of an emergency. Nevermind that your toddler would be splashing his or her urine and feces on the pool deck where I and others might be walking through it later in our bare feet. Nevermind that most would dump the water back into the pool or right on the pool deck because there probably won't be a drain anywhere handy. Ever try to carry a splash pool full of water to a drain that's maybe 30 or 40 feet away while trying to avoid people in chairs and people walking around? Let me know how that works out for you. All that matters is that you have the right to do whatever you want regardless of the health and safety of others.

Lastly, its not "depriving" your little one of anything. Your older child gets to go in there because he meets the rules and requirements of the activity. Your toddler doesn't. It would be no different then if your older child wanted to go down a water slide. You gonna push your baby down there too because you don't want to deprive him? There's a simple way around this and it involves using the word "No". I know parents today find that word offensive and it should never be applied to their kids but saying "No Johnny, I'm sorry but that area is for older kids. Someday you'll be allowed there but for now we have to follow the rules" creates a teachable moment.

Hate to tell you, but by going on a high capacity, commercial cruise line ship, it is more like the "redneck Riviera" than you would probably like to admit. That being said, the duckie pool, which many people have apparently successfully used, does not violate any rules and, if used judiciously, does not pose any safety risk. You clearly did not read my previous post, as we would likely put the duckie on a lounge (they are really small) in the event we cannot locate an acceptable spot out of the way of foot traffic. Second, how much water do you think we would put in there? Only a few buckets is all he would need. The water will not contain any urine or feces and we will not need to "drag" a pool full of water across the deck. Are we going to leave him in there for hours? Of course not. Your metaphor of pushing my baby down a water slide is just stupid. Splashing in a few buckets of water poses zero safety risk and the water slide... well, you get my drift.

You have no idea how we parent and find you a bit obtuse to offer parenting advice out here. Clearly, you are only happy if you have the opportunity to spout nonsense, so congratulations! You must be one happy Canadian. Hope to see you on the lounge next to the duckie!

after reading all these replies.....guessing I will not throw my melted chocolate "Baby Ruth" candy bar into any of the pools aboard....:D:D

question is if it was to happen would they really close and scrub the pool....:eek::eek:

Lets be honest here, the "pool" for the toddler is for the entertainment of the parents. The toddler doesn't even know what a pool is or if that he/she is missing an opportunity to splash in the water on a cruise ship. Like two years from now, the toddler will remember the "pool".

Last time I went in a hot tub was just before I saw a dad dipping the diaper clad kiddo in and out like a tea bag.

Edited by cruzincurt