"A selection of wines by the glass...."?

Tarpeian Rock

Yes, and fortunately that poor benighted minority have complete freedom to......dare I say it?.....choose another Cruise Line.

Around and around we go, I wonder that you don't find such a constant harangue to be exhausting.

I am curious,though, if you don't care for the manner in which PCH et al handle their affairs, why DO you continue to sail with them?

Or do you?? :cool:

First of all, do not think it is a minority who are being disillusioned by the actions or should I say inactions for the management as well as the home office.

As far as my DW and I cruising on PCH again, it is always possible if there is a change in management to make them more or possibly just customer friendly. We are intrigued by Oceania and are hoping it can become our cruise line of choice but, not with the current group in marketing, destinations, and other positions. And, of course with the proper number of Presidents for the 3 companies. We keep watching and hoping as our previous on board experience on Regent was mostly excellent. Only bad part of Regent's on board is the simply awful Destinations Dept. Don't need to worry about that on Oceania as we would do mostly to all private tours.

Hoping for the best but screw-ups like this thread point out leave a lot of room for improvement.

Just got the NICEST reply from Frank Del Rio's Admin. Asst. apologizing for the delay in replying. She provided full information on shipping a case of wine to Barcelona for our consumption at meals aboard Riviera. The Food service staff will keep the wine for us and serve it at meals. We will of course have to pay corkage as we expected. In essence, Oceania has provided full satisfaction regarding our rather large request.

Couldn't ask for more from Oceania. Will see if we can filch a bottle for the Cabin crawl survivors...

JMBobB

I owe a big apology to: Fiona Applebaum, Director of Corporate Operations, Prestige Cruise Holdings.

T'was she who sent the nice response from Oceania regarding my wine shipment. Not no kinda Admin. Asst. a'tal. :o

JMBobB

I think Kumlani just stated it like it is--you are free to choose. Whether a particular champagne is on the "free" list is pretty much a niggle, isn't it? A first world problem of less-than epic proportions.

I think you've missed the point here.....my big gripe, along with some of the other early posters on this thread, was not about the marque of champagne served as part of the Prestige Select package. It was about being told, in a brusque tone, that Perrier-Jouet had never been part of the package, with the inference that those that HAD been served P-J on board were wrong/mistaken....not good customer service.

Anyway, the situation has somewhat been remedied for me, as it's now clearer what is and what isn't included....in any case I generally prefer champagne from smaller houses, so the Montaudon for me is a good choice.

It wouldn't have taken much thought for someone from Oceania to have said that Perrier-Jouet had been replaced by Montaudon at the time they communicated the price hike to $59.95

Anyway' date=' the situation has somewhat been remedied for me, as it's now clearer what is and what isn't included....in any case I generally prefer champagne from smaller houses, so the Montaudon for me is a good choice.

It wouldn't have taken much thought for someone from Oceania to have said that Perrier-Jouet had been replaced by Montaudon at the time they communicated the price hike to $59.95[/quote']

I like champagne very much once in a while, but it's not something I would ask for every day, so perhaps that frames my attitude.

And I'm not that knowledgeable about different champagnes, beyond the obvious like Veuve Cliquot. How does Montaudon compare?

I like champagne very much once in a while, but it's not something I would ask for every day, so perhaps that frames my attitude.

And I'm not that knowledgeable about different champagnes, beyond the obvious like Veuve Cliquot. How does Montaudon compare?

Whilst the taste is a factor I also like to support the "little guy", and try to go for lesser known names, across the board, not just with wine & Montaudon is one of those :) Deutz is another fantastic champagne house....most of the family are allergic to sulfites, so the champagne is made without, and I may be imagining things, but I think this does lessen the hangover afterwards :D

A year ago as I was reading this forum each day in preparation for our October cruise on the Riviera, our first on Oceania, it was full of posts praising the P-j champagne that was included in the Prestige drink package and that was one of the reasons we purchased it. And it was great! Apparently, it was changed with the price increase. I'm sure the current offering is good also, but I don't know how it can be said it was never included, because this forum and our experience says otherwise. We loved the Riviera experience and have another booked.

As one of the former "benighted minority", I gave up looking at this thread and dealt directly with Oceania's UK office in Southampton in search of some clarification.

The staff in So' ton, could not have been more helpful, concerned and well, just very pleasant to deal with they and were able to provide me with the real facts. Try doing that with Cunard, (CCL).

So, my faith is restored and thankfully I no longer belong to that "benighted minority"..... in search of another cruise line..... :D

Perhaps I'm lucky, but thanks to the above and my on-board experiences, I am left with the impression that although not perfect, O does operate differently from other lines.

Thank goodness for that....:)

Ps: The Montaudon, is VERY good....;)

Archived