Shoe Question

I have been looking shoes and found a pair that was cute and matched my criteria. Looking for gold, strappy sandal with short chunky heel. The pair I found has a clear plastic covering. Great for keeping my pinky toe from poking through the straps but kind of tacky looking.

If you have seen this shoe style, what do you think?

Sorry I'm having problems posting pics, so can't do that.

The Vivienne Files.com fashion blogster wrote something the other day that I take very much to heart. She said, "No matter what you wear, someone will hate it." For some crazy reason I found that liberating.

It sets you free because you might as well wear whatever shoes you want. If you like them, they are comfortable and they look good with your outfit, then all is well.

Don't worry about the random grouch who happens to notice your shoes and hates them. Why? Because the reverse advice is surely true too. No matter what you wear, someone will love it.

For me, the only shoes I really hate to see are the ones where a woman has chosen two sizes too small and her heels hang off the back of the shoes or her toes curl over the front or edges.

The Vivienne Files.com fashion blogster wrote something the other day that I take very much to heart. She said, "No matter what you wear, someone will hate it." For some crazy reason I found that liberating.

It sets you free because you might as well wear whatever shoes you want. If you like them, they are comfortable and they look good with your outfit, then all is well.

Don't worry about the random grouch who happens to notice your shoes and hates them. Why? Because the reverse advice is surely true too. No matter what you wear, someone will love it.

For me, the only shoes I really hate to see are the ones where a woman has chosen two sizes too small and her heels hang off the back of the shoes or her toes curl over the front or edges.

Very wise insight.

I agree about the heels and toes falling off the ends of the shoe. These ladies look so uncomfortable..

Very wise insight.

I agree about the heels and toes falling off the ends of the shoe. These ladies look so uncomfortable..

Actually my worst pet peeve is ladies who wear sandals/flip flops and don't understand the benefits of a pedicure!!!! Seriously scary looking toes/heels, etc - I am sure you know what I am talking about!:eek::eek:;)

If you like them then why not?

BUT, I'm not sure if you like them based on your post. I'm just guessing here, but are you caught between hating the plastic and loving the comfort? If the price is right then I say go for it, otherwise keep looking since you don't seem to like the style too much.

I'm not a fan of plastic on the shoes, but I also hate uncomfortable shoes so I understand where you are coming from!

Hi. I love my plastic heels. They are just the right heel height, have silver straps that will work with all my formal wear and are stable for walking on a ship in rocky seas. If they were very high heel, with a tall platform, then they would look like 'stripper' shoes -- not a good look on a fluffy 75 year old! But mine are appropriate and tasteful, IMHO. Also, these shoes tend to stretch a little when they get warm, so if my feet swell on board, they still are comfortable.

Margee;)

If you like them then why not?

BUT, I'm not sure if you like them based on your post. I'm just guessing here, but are you caught between hating the plastic and loving the comfort? If the price is right then I say go for it, otherwise keep looking since you don't seem to like the style too much.

I'm not a fan of plastic on the shoes, but I also hate uncomfortable shoes so I understand where you are coming from!

You understood where I was coming from. I am still looking.

Hi. I love my plastic heels. They are just the right heel height, have silver straps that will work with all my formal wear and are stable for walking on a ship in rocky seas. If they were very high heel, with a tall platform, then they would look like 'stripper' shoes -- not a good look on a fluffy 75 year old! But mine are appropriate and tasteful, IMHO. Also, these shoes tend to stretch a little when they get warm, so if my feet swell on board, they still are comfortable.

Margee;)

Interesting that these shoes stretch. That is a definitely a plus because I have had my feet swell so that I couldn't wear one pair of shoes I had brought with me.

Actually my worst pet peeve is ladies who wear sandals/flip flops and don't understand the benefits of a pedicure!!!! Seriously scary looking toes/heels, etc - I am sure you know what I am talking about!:eek::eek:;)

I couldn't agree more. There are some seriously gross feet out there. If you aren't going to take care of them, cover them up!

if you arent truely thrilled with them keep looking. I scoured the internet and the local stores till I unexpectedly found a pair of muted gold shoes (not sure that is really the way to describe the color). I was looking for black shoes but these go perfectly with the dress I bought for formal night. I dont know if you have DSW where you are but they have a fabulous selection of dressy shoes and always lots of great ones on clearance.

I just did a real quick search on zappos and found some gold sandals.

SKU

The brand is 'touch ups' and the style name is Jane

They have lots more too

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes, I like those shoes. And that is much like the style I want. My only concern is that my pinky toe always finds the opening making for uncomfortable shoes. I will definitely keep them in mind.

Thanks for the link.

Yes, I like those shoes. And that is much like the style I want. My only concern is that my pinky toe always finds the opening making for uncomfortable shoes. I will definitely keep them in mind.

Thanks for the link.

They had 59 different styles of gold sandals, some were not as "strappy"...I'm sure you'll find something. Good luck!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived