Just booked Allure of the Seas, stateroom mistake?

Hello,

I am a long time lurker but haven't had much reason to post until now! We booked our very first cruise, the Eastern Caribbean on the Allure. We didn't book far enough in advance, obviously, because there were only 2 connecting ocean view rooms left when I booked several days ago(the cruise leaves March 16th). Anyways, these rooms are on deck 3, and when I asked about noise level and such, I was told that it is just as quiet as other parts of the ship. So I decided that we would book them instead of a family suite to save about $700. Well, now I'm starting to read a bunch of stuff that says the rooms we are in are the WORST for noise! We have three young girls, so that is a huge problem if its true! I'm upset that we may have made a huge mistake in our booking. So basically I'm wondering how bad the noise level really is at night, and whether it would be something that would be awful? We are DIRECTLY below Blaze.

I think you are before final payment so call and change. I have stayed in a family room before and it is great. It also has a bathtub which is good if you have young kids.

Yes, you are in need of very specialized cabin arrangements, two CONNECTING cabins, one of which must have beds for three: just too late to be picky.

Can you either pay more for the Family stateroom (you would have to call to see if one is available and find out the price), OR do they have to be connecting? Can you live with adjacent rooms that do not connect?

How about the Freedom of the Seas? It's your first cruise. I was never a big fan of starting out with Oasis/Allure. It skews your thinking. ;)

You can get a fabulous pair of connecting D1 balconies on the Freedom for the same date for about $140 total more for two cabins.

Hello,

I am a long time lurker but haven't had much reason to post until now! We booked our very first cruise, the Eastern Caribbean on the Allure. We didn't book far enough in advance, obviously, because there were only 2 connecting ocean view rooms left when I booked several days ago(the cruise leaves March 16th). Anyways, these rooms are on deck 3, and when I asked about noise level and such, I was told that it is just as quiet as other parts of the ship. So I decided that we would book them instead of a family suite to save about $700. Well, now I'm starting to read a bunch of stuff that says the rooms we are in are the WORST for noise! We have three young girls, so that is a huge problem if its true! I'm upset that we may have made a huge mistake in our booking. So basically I'm wondering how bad the noise level really is at night, and whether it would be something that would be awful? We are DIRECTLY below Blaze.

What cabins are you in? I don't think there is any cabin on the ship that is a no no because of noise. Where did you hear there was?

For what it's worth had OV on deck 3 of the Allure directly below Blaze and never heard anything.

Ok, this makes me feel slightly better! Was it quiet the entire cruise?

SeaUs- We are in rooms 3184 and 3182. I read about the noise in several reviews and such. After a quick search(I'm sure there's a bunch more!), I saw this:

http://*****************/CruiseShips/BestCabins.aspx?ShipName=allure+of+the+seas

And this (which is about the Oasis, but it's the same area):

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=73703

Merion_Mom- Thanks for all that advice and insight! I know, we obviously shouldn't have booked this close to the sailing date! A big mistake on our part, but my hubby JUST decided he would really like to go on a cruise. He is also super attached to the idea of Allure and Oasis, so I don't think he would be wanting to switch to Freedom :rolleyes:

So I'm thinking I will call back today and see if I can switch, I just wanted to see if anyone else had experience with these staterooms, and whether it was truly quite loud all night, or not enough that it was disruptive? I mean, we don't need complete silence or anything, but having loud disco music all night is kind of problematic with a 2, 5, and 8 year old.

SeaUs- We are in rooms 3184 and 3182. I read about the noise in several reviews and such. After a quick search(I'm sure there's a bunch more!), I saw this:

I was in 3178 ( yes I qualified for an accessible cabin) and no noise the whole cruise neither from being near the elevators nor underneath blaze.

Hi there! We are sailing with you on the Allure. We have a 9 year old daughter. This will be cruise number 12 for us and we have had a variety of staterooms in a lot of locations. The only time we have ever heard anything is when our neighbors left their balcony door open most of the cruise and when they would open the stateroom door a huge wind tunnel would SLAM the door. It was LOUD and you could feel it.

We've sailed on the Freedom class twice and while it is a lovely ship we are sold on Allure/Oasis. Lots for all to do and we thought the kids club was amazing. I used to spend a lot of time fretting about cabin cat, location...etc. I don't anymore. We just go and have fun.

Stop by the roll call thread....haven't seen anyone my daughters age sailing.

http://*****************/CruiseShips/BestCabins.aspx?ShipName=allure+of+the+seas

And this (which is about the Oasis, but it's the same area):

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=73703

Merion_Mom- Thanks for all that advice and insight! I know, we obviously shouldn't have booked this close to the sailing date! A big mistake on our part, but my hubby JUST decided he would really like to go on a cruise. He is also super attached to the idea of Allure and Oasis, so I don't think he would be wanting to switch to Freedom :rolleyes:

So I'm thinking I will call back today and see if I can switch, I just wanted to see if anyone else had experience with these staterooms, and whether it was truly quite loud all night, or not enough that it was disruptive? I mean, we don't need complete silence or anything, but having loud disco music all night is kind of problematic with a 2, 5, and 8 year old.

When most of the posts you read are positive and then you come across an off the wall terrible one or two? There will always be complainers who whine just to whine, sad but true...:(

Hi there! We are sailing with you on the Allure. We have a 9 year old daughter. This will be cruise number 12 for us and we have had a variety of staterooms in a lot of locations. The only time we have ever heard anything is when our neighbors left their balcony door open most of the cruise and when they would open the stateroom door a huge wind tunnel would SLAM the door. It was LOUD and you could feel it.

We've sailed on the Freedom class twice and while it is a lovely ship we are sold on Allure/Oasis. Lots for all to do and we thought the kids club was amazing. I used to spend a lot of time fretting about cabin cat, location...etc. I don't anymore. We just go and have fun.

Stop by the roll call thread....haven't seen anyone my daughters age sailing.

Hello! :D I will go ahead and do that!

Archived