Luggage question

DoulaAnn

I haven't seen this on this forum (maybe I've missed it). When your baggage is delivered, do they usually put it in your cabin or outside your cabin? Just wondering what to expect.

I've seen it done both ways. It is normally delivered to your cabin door. Sometimes, your steward is nice enough to open your door and place it inside.

I haven't seen this on this forum (maybe I've missed it). When your baggage is delivered, do they usually put it in your cabin or outside your cabin? Just wondering what to expect.

Seen it both ways. A good cabin steward will knock on your door and have them place the bags inside the cabin. I have generally waited for the bags and opened the door. They wheel them right in.

On our August 1 Caribbean Princess cruise, one bag was inside the cabin when we arrived (and we were amongst the first on board!!!) The second was in our cabin after a brief visit to Horizon. The best luggage service we have ever had.

When we were on Star last Fall we went to check out our cabin after a quick lunch and ended up arriving just as they were getting ready to open our door to put our bags inside our cabin.

we've definitely had our luggage left both ways, but more often we've found it brought inside rather than left outside.

Maybe because as soon as we board we call the steward, and speak to him/her about our expectations and then we leave the cabin usually until muster drill.

I've seen it done both ways. It is normally delivered to your cabin door. Sometimes, your steward is nice enough to open your door and place it inside.
I agree. It's delivered by the staff to your door but they don't have a master key to your cabin. Often, your steward will see the luggage and put it inside.

Personally, I would rather have just my steward have access to my cabin. Often, luggage is delivered soon after I board and I haven't always put my valuables in the safe or put away in the cabin.

The way it works is one team brings the luggage to the cabin but does not have a key. The steward then comes and moves the luggage inside as they set the cabins and do other tasks. So whether you get it inside or outside depends on where you hit the cycle.

This is a security measure to minimize access to cabins by crew once passengers have access and may leave stuff in there.

The way it works is one team brings the luggage to the cabin but does not have a key. The steward then comes and moves the luggage inside as they set the cabins and do other tasks. So whether you get it inside or outside depends on where you hit the cycle.

This is a security measure to minimize access to cabins by crew once passengers have access and may leave stuff in there.

That is a very logical and reasonable explanation. Thanks, Loonbeam.

Ann

Archived