Constellation restaurants/dining question

scubamommy!

Hi just booked on the Constellation. I keep reading about upgrading dining and restaurant add ons but was wondering exactly WHAT ones are included. Is it just the buffets for breakfast and lunch and the main dining for dinner?

Also any bars on that list you can not go to with out paying extra?

Is it just me or are there more places you have to pay extra for than the ones included? Kinda gets away from the whole "all inclusive" idea of cruising doesn't it?

We haven't cruised in a while and even then it was on different lines. First time with Celebrity and this is what I seem to be finding out???? I have always enjoyed the main dinning rooms and don't really want to spend a lot extra but at the same time feel I am missing out? Does that make sense?

Hi just booked on the Constellation. I keep reading about upgrading dining and restaurant add ons but was wondering exactly WHAT ones are included. Is it just the buffets for breakfast and lunch and the main dining for dinner?

Is it just me or are there more places you have to pay extra for than the ones included? Kinda gets away from the whole "all inclusive" idea of cruising doesn't it?

We haven't cruised in a while and even then it was on different lines. First time with Celebrity and this is what I seem to be finding out???? I have always enjoyed the main dinning rooms and don't really want to spend a lot extra but at the same time feel I am missing out? Does that make sense?

Hi:)....cruising is not all inclusive....or I should say it can be but

it is not usually...unless you sail on the "high end luxury lines"...then

lots of things are included....including your booze.

On the Mainstream lines though, I don't consider them all inclusive.

As for your meals? On Constellation, The Main Dining Room, The

Buffet upstairs, The Grill at the Pool and The Aqua Spa Cafe are

all included in the price of the cruise.

There are Specialty Restaurants and those are extra. I just sailed

on Summit (sister ship of Constellation) and to be honest, I ate

in the main dining room every night and found it very good:D.

Many times I do try one of the Specialty Restaurants but this trip

I passed and didn't feel like I had missed out on anything. So, no

you don't have to spend extra money on food/meals if you don't

want to......

The bars? There is always a charge for drinks.....you mean booze?

Those are always extra $$...or at least for as long as I have been

cruising (10 years).

Thank you for your response. I know bar tabs are always extra. The reason we choose Celebrity this time was because they are offering the beverage package. Love that option! I like to purchase in advance and not have to worry about it later so that works out well for me. I was just speaking mainly about the food options being inclusive. But I am glad to hear the dinning was good enough not to want to make you go to one of the "extra" places. :)

Thank you for your response. I know bar tabs are always extra. The reason we choose Celebrity this time was because they are offering the beverage package. Love that option! I like to purchase in advance and not have to worry about it later so that works out well for me. I was just speaking mainly about the food options being inclusive. But I am glad to hear the dinning was good enough not to want to make you go to one of the "extra" places. :)

Hi Lisa:) others are probably going to have differing opinions from

mine...but that is just the life of a message board;)

I had a very fun table at dinner too so I was happy to eat with

them every night as well:D

Scubamommy-- I share your concerns but let me assure you that it's entirely your choice whether to spend extra for food. As LoisR explained the primary dining offerings are free and the food is usually very good to excellent. Lately, all the cruiselines have started offering paid dining venues in an effort to gain more revenue. Many of us believe, rightly or wrongly, that the quality of the food and the service is declining in order to "encourage" passengers to pay for the specialty restaurants. We gave in our last cruise on the Millenium and were so disappointed in the experience. It cost us $45 per person to eat a meal that frankly was no better than we get in restaurants near our home in Georgia and not much better than the MDR. Supposedly you get white glove service but we must have been the exception as we were largely ignored and felt like "birds in the wilderness".

So, go and enjoy your cruise and know that you do not have to spend a penny for food unless you choose to.

Also Bistro on 5 on the Connie is an option. Upcharge only $5 per person for soups/salads/crepes/paninis. Yes it's extra and yes we're trying it on our first Celebrity cruise. Probably passing on the other specialty restaurants.

We got the classic beverage package included as well. We MAY upgrade to premium package for $11.50 extra per person per day. Understand if you upgrade on board you can upgrade individually-- ie: your cabinmate doesn't have to.

Have a lot of time to decide ... don't cruise till December.

I am also sailing on the Connie on a 4 day cruise and opted for a Sky Suite since there will be 3 of us. Does anyone know if suites get a specialty restaurant dinner included on a 4 day cruise?

Diane

Apparently not but you can ask...From the web site..

One complimentary dinner for two (cruise of 6 or 7 nights) and two complimentary dinners for two (cruise of 8 nights or more) in a specialty restaurant. Available on Solstice® Class and Millennium® Class ships only. Also available with Penthouse Suite and Royal Suite on Celebrity Century®.

Archived