Our Splendid Splendor cruise (with pics) 8/13/13

Jamman54

Thanks for the great review......i live a hour and 15 minutes from the port but have yet to cruise out of NY. You almost have me convinced. Just sailed on the Breeze 2 1/2 weeks ago and you brought back memories of those great Thirsty Frog Reds...love them but they are very filling and made me sleepy. My new favorite beer now! Leaving in 3 days for New Orleans to sail on the Elation so will have the Thirsty Frogs soon enough. I could have cruised a 8 day on the Splendor for less then the Elation with airfare but just the thought of 2 sea days each way in the Atlantic changed my mind. Thanks again i really enjoyed your review! Picture of my buddy with our Tube of Thirsty Frog Red

P9062378.jpg.234a2919c78d788b0bdf6cc3f38b65b3.jpg

Edited by JerseyshoreBruce

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the great review......i live a hour and 15 minutes from the port but have yet to cruise out of NY. You almost have me convinced. Just sailed on the Breeze 2 1/2 weeks ago and you brought back memories of those great Thirsty Frog Reds...love them but they are very filling and made me sleepy. My new favorite beer now! Leaving in 3 days for New Orleans to sail on the Elation so will have the Thirsty Frogs soon enough. I could have cruised a 8 day on the Splendor for less then the Elation with airfare but just the thought of 2 sea days each way in the Atlantic changed my mind. Thanks again i really enjoyed your review! Picture of my buddy with our Tube of Thirsty Frog Red

Thanks for reading!! Enjoy those Thirsty Frog Reds!!!

A863.JPG

I was nosey and snooped thru some of your pictures! :o We sailed on Splendor in May and were in the L shaped extended balcony cabin right next to yours. We have the same cabin but on the starboard side booked for February. We ALWAYS seem to book port side cabins, so we thought we would shake it up a little and live dangerously! :p;)

Hi Karen! My GF and I are sailing Spelndor in Dec with an extended balcony "L" shaped room. What'd ya think of the room and balcony??? May upgrade to an Aft balcony...we will see.

Thanks in advance!

Cat and Bill

Going to see some big whigs next month. I will lay it on them heavy for the conversion of Club 02.....

Ryan might not like that, but I'm all for it. While you're at it, tell them they need to move Serenity from where it is to the aft pool, since it's adults only anyway.

Edited by Jamman54

Hi Karen! My GF and I are sailing Spelndor in Dec with an extended balcony "L" shaped room. What'd ya think of the room and balcony??? May upgrade to an Aft balcony...we will see.

Thanks in advance!

Cat and Bill

LOVED this cabin! We used to book the aft wrap balconies on spirit class ships so we are REALLY SPOILED. Those are the cabins with the seperate "rooms." I saw the L shaped on Splendor and have never seen a cabin like that, so booked it and was very pleased. Balcony is a great size and the room is very comfortable. I was worried we would have to kind of squeeze around the bed, but there is plenty of room. We are booked in one for our cruise in February also! ;)

Ryan might not like that, but I'm all for it. While you're at it, tell them they need to move Serenity from where it is to the aft pool, since it's adults only anyway.

I like the aft pool the way it is on the Splendor, but I have to agree with Jamman that they have to upgrade that Serenity area and move it to another area on the ship. We actually used the Serenity for the lst time on the Miracle in Feb, 2013 (it was added between our 3rd and 4th cruises on her) and we were looking forward to the Serenity on Splendor but it was really lacking.

/

I like the aft pool the way it is on the Splendor, but I have to agree with Jamman that they have to upgrade that Serenity area and move it to another area on the ship. We actually used the Serenity for the lst time on the Miracle in Feb, 2013 (it was added between our 3rd and 4th cruises on her) and we were looking forward to the Serenity on Splendor but it was really lacking.

Hey Karry!! They don't have to change anything back there, just add those comfy loungers, clamshells, and hammocks, and put up the Serenity barriers. Problem solved!! :D

Hey Karry!! They don't have to change anything back there, just add those comfy loungers, clamshells, and hammocks, and put up the Serenity barriers. Problem solved!! :D

I am pretty sure that the Splendor was the first ship with Serenity. I think they learned when they decided to add it to new and exisiting ships. I agree with your logic by the way.

Absolutely perfect plan! I practiced getting into and out of the hammocks on the Miracle so I could perfect my technique before we went on the Splendor and Splendor didn't even have the darn things! :eek::(:confused:

I am pretty sure that the Splendor was the first ship with Serenity. I think they learned when they decided to add it to new and exisiting ships. I agree with your logic by the way.

I think you are right. All they have to do is the same thing they did to all the Spirit Class ships!! Perfect!!

Absolutely perfect plan! I practiced getting into and out of the hammocks on the Miracle so I could perfect my technique before we went on the Splendor and Splendor didn't even have the darn things! :eek::(:confused:

They can require a bit of practice. Alcohol impairs the ability to do it gracefully also.:eek:

They can require a bit of practice. Alcohol impairs the ability to do it gracefully also.:eek:

Combined with the fact that I am a wisker over 5' tall, give me a few beers, a Miami Vice and I will put on quite a show navigating those hammocks! :eek::eek::cool::o

AWESOME review. Thanks! Would love to drink with you any day!

My GF and I are booked on the 12/2 departure and CANNOT WAIT. We have an "L" shaped extended balcony... MAY upgrade to a suite depending on price.

Karen: Thanks for the heads up! sounds awesome.

AWESOME review. Thanks! Would love to drink with you any day!

My GF and I are booked on the 12/2 departure and CANNOT WAIT. We have an "L" shaped extended balcony... MAY upgrade to a suite depending on price.

Karen: Thanks for the heads up! sounds awesome.

One thing about the L shaped cabin we were in: there was a curtain over the door to the balcony and it's a very narrow door and I couldn't keep the curtain open. It was no big deal, but I was kind of like WTH?? :confused: So next time I am going to bring something to tie the curtain back. ;)So just a heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your great review. My family and I will be sailing our first cruise on the Splendor March 2014. Your review was very informative and only made us more excited for the cruise. Unfortunately we will not be visiting Grand Turk or HMC instead Port Canaveral and Freeport but I imagine we will have loads of fun all the same. It will just give us a reason to re-visit the Splendor again as I would love to visit Grand Turk and HMC. Again thank you for your review. I can't wait to be able to post ours when we return. :p

Mione

Thank you so much for your great review. My family and I will be sailing our first cruise on the Splendor March 2014. Your review was very informative and only made us more excited for the cruise. Unfortunately we will not be visiting Grand Turk or HMC instead Port Canaveral and Freeport but I imagine we will have loads of fun all the same. It will just give us a reason to re-visit the Splendor again as I would love to visit Grand Turk and HMC. Again thank you for your review. I can't wait to be able to post ours when we return. :p

Mione

Your Welcome. Looking forward to reading yours when you get back.

We leave on the 17th and cant wait!!

You did a great job showing us the cabin we will be in!! I have my unpacking already done in my mind! :D Thanks!!

I read your full review as you wrote it, but it was a little while ago, so I am going to read it again because it got me so excited then and now since we leave in about a week,.. I want to refresh my memory LOL

I enjoyed reading your review. We just booked the same itin on the Splendor for May. And because of you we upgraded from an L-shaped cabin to an aft wrap around. So Carnival should be thanking you for the extra money! ;) It's our first Carnival cruise so I'm a bit hesitant given what's happened over the past year with them but your review made them seem wonderful. I'm really looking forward to it!

I read your full review as you wrote it, but it was a little while ago, so I am going to read it again because it got me so excited then and now since we leave in about a week,.. I want to refresh my memory LOL

Yes, it is required reading!! LOL. You will absolutely love that cabin!! Please share your experience with us when you get back.

I enjoyed reading your review. We just booked the same itin on the Splendor for May. And because of you we upgraded from an L-shaped cabin to an aft wrap around. So Carnival should be thanking you for the extra money! ;) It's our first Carnival cruise so I'm a bit hesitant given what's happened over the past year with them but your review made them seem wonderful. I'm really looking forward to it!

Awwww, Thank You!!! No cruise is perfect, and even on ours there were a few issues which I highlighted, but we've learned over the years to not sweat the small stuff. You have picked the best itinerary IMHO, the best cabin, and you will have a GREAT time!! May will be here before you know it!!