Papeete Adult Beverages

Tutuma

Can anyone guide me on where we can purchase wine/scotch/vodka in Papeete. How well priced are these items? Where are these stores located?

There are some stores by the central market. and some stores on the east side hiway.. but the prices will be 2 to 4 times what your used to pay... As I recall cheap vodkas run about $50 a ltr Grey Goose was close to $100.

Liquor is through the roof. most common brands require a serious line of credit

My advise in this region is to buy the package... even the ships bottle prices will be cheaper than Tahiti Everything here must be shipped in with huge taxes in addition

You can purchase wine and liquor in the supermarkes in French Polynesia. Liquor is VERY expensive in the islands. Your best best is to purchase the liquor at the duty free. We purchased scotch at LAX before transfering to our Air Tahiti Nui flight. Wine is also expensive but no where near as pricy and liquor. The local beer is very good and reasonably priced. The wine at the LAX duty free was predominately California and expensive as far as I was concerned. They had some decent Pinot Noir from Oregon ($29) and the ceapest white was a Calfiornia Pinot Grigio for $21.

Would wine in Papeete still be cheaper than on the ship?

Well, four glasses of wine on the ship would be $40 so it depends upon the cost of the wine you are thinking of. Don't forget the corkage fee if you want to have it at dinner.

Well, four glasses of wine on the ship would be $40 so it depends upon the cost of the wine you are thinking of. Don't forget the corkage fee if you want to have it at dinner.

We would like to purchase inexpensive wines in port for the cabin but we purchase in the dining room.

How much would an adequate bottle of wine cost in Papeete? Still cheaper than on the ship?

I would think that french wines would be reasonably priced in French Polynesia.

As should be everything else French; but it isn't :D

It's a very long way from France and FP is a beautiful but very expensive place - period.

You will find a good selection of French wines in either of the 2 Carrefour hypermarkets in Papeete from $12 upwards.

Prices for spirits reflect mainland French prices plus shipping, so taking whisky as an example, you would pay €35 for a bottle of standard Glenmorangie in a mainland Carrefour store, whereas a bottle of Johnnie Walker Red Label would set you back €31 at Carrefour in Papeete....marginally cheaper, but taking a big hit in quality.

Archived