Which cabin is better

Will be on Allure for the very 1st time in a few weeks. I have a chance to upgrade but cant decide which cabin would be better. We are currently in an inside cabin, which should we choose ocean view or boardwalk balcony? Please provide all the good and bad between the two. Thanks in advance!:confused:

It depends on how much time you plan to stay in your cabin. If hardly any time, the stay with an inside or oceanview. If you need quiet time from the masses on the promenade or the open air decks, go for the balcany. Central park may be a little intrusive, but it is quiet enough. Worst case scenario, you may hear some noise from the open air decks.

I would go with a Boardwalk Balcony. You can sit outside and watch the people. You can also see the ocean. Farther aft the better, but if it's a free upgrade, it's nice to sit out in the morning while it's quiet. It can be a bit noisy during shows, so if you are an early to bed type you may want to go with the outside cabin. But I like having the ability to sit outside. We always do ocean balconies so it was a bit different, but I liked watching the action. Not sure I'll do it again, only because there is little privacy on the balcony. But for an upgrade from an inside cabin, I'd leap at the chance.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It is wonderful to see the ocean. But it is also wonderful to step outside and sit on balcony. View vs. Balcony and activity below. May still be able to see ocean from the boardwalk balcony.But you will be able to smell the air and feel the sunshine from a balcony vs. just a view.

Have a wonderful sailing.

I would be very torn by this as well. I just don't like the idea of sitting on my balcony and other people watching me. You also have to be careful about not leaving the curtain open or people can see you moving around in your cabin, getting dressed, etc. Maybe I am just paranoid, but, I think in this case, I would go with the OV, especially if it costs a little less.

Archived