Early Disembarkation question

ken987

hi,

This is just a question...a possible scenario....

If I knew way ahead of time....that I wanted to do a 14 day cruise...and that said cruise did 6 ports in 7 days...and then a 7 day crossing...am I allowed to pay FULL Fare for both of us...and then have my wife leave the cruise at the last port and fly home...leaving me on the ship for the 7 day crossing... I would not ask for any compensation...and just need to know if it is possible and what extra costs that need to be paid.

Is this ok to do if arranged ahead of time? Any insight, advice is welcome.

Thanks.

hi,

This is just a question...a possible scenario....

If I knew way ahead of time....that I wanted to do a 14 day cruise...and that said cruise did 6 ports in 7 days...and then a 7 day crossing...am I allowed to pay FULL Fare for both of us...and then have my wife leave the cruise at the last port and fly home...leaving me on the ship for the 7 day crossing... I would not ask for any compensation...and just need to know if it is possible and what extra costs that need to be paid.

Is this ok to do if arranged ahead of time? Any insight, advice is welcome.

Thanks.

Probably would depend the last port and your embarkation port.

You would have to call the cruise line and research cabotage laws that may come into effect. You also need to find out if there would be local Immigration and Customs in the port where she wants to leave. If not, this won't be possible.

Final message, call the cruise line to see if it's possible. No one here will be able to tell you.

Update:

I called Celebrity...evidently they have a GFO group...and because we are in Europe...we are not violating any Jones act or whatever they are...and she can leave early with proper notice!!!

Unbelievable.

I posed pretty much the same question to Celebrity just about 10 days ago. I'd already booked a solo crossing Nov 24th-Dec 9th this year. My son is out of college for a week at Thanksgiving, and I asked Celebrity if I could pay the "double" rate for the whole cruise and have him get off in the Canary Islands and fly back to school. (the double rate was a huge $560 more than my single rate).

Celebrity said that they would "get back to me". They didn't. It took a total of four telphone calls to get an answer, and when I finally did, they said "No!". I never really got a reason why not, just that it is not possible.

Doesn't make sense to me, and I'm still considering doing it anyway. What would Celebrity do when he didn't get back on in Canary Islands? Wait indefinitely for him? I don't think so... "Proper Notice", huh? How about telling them about it when we get on in Civitavecchia?

My husband got off a cruise (another line) two days early last fall with no problem what so ever.

This just CAN'T BE Celebrity's first run at an issue like this... What gives???

Jen

I just got off the phone with Celebrity with same question, leaving Istanbul the day we dock and not stay the night to disembark the next day. The person said it was fine and just to advise Guest Relations.

I'll try once more' date=' then tell guest relations when we embark.

I just don't see the problem...

Thanks.

Jen[/quote']

You said the Canary Islands but is it the same port as the OP i.e Tenerife? If its not maybe that's the issue? :(

Archived