New England cruise this Saturday

So excited to be leaving in just three days for a cruise to Boston, Maine, and Canada. We will become D+ on this cruise and all of our other cruises have been to Bermuda and the Caribbean. I've been looking forward to this for so long, just had to share with everyone. Read posts almost everyday but not much is ever said about this itinerary. We are wondering whether to bring much warmer clothes. I'm thinking the weather should be in the 70s or so. Anyone shed any light on this. Thanks for letting me share my excitement:)

So excited to be leaving in just three days for a cruise to Boston, Maine, and Canada. We will become D+ on this cruise and all of our other cruises have been to Bermuda and the Caribbean. I've been looking forward to this for so long, just had to share with everyone. Read posts almost everyday but not much is ever said about this itinerary. We are wondering whether to bring much warmer clothes. I'm thinking the weather should be in the 70s or so. Anyone shed any light on this. Thanks for letting me share my excitement:)

Check weather.com for your ports that you are visiting. Have a great cruise! :)

I live in MA.

It's still summer here. It's been hot and muggy all week. Not Florida hot, but 80s and humid.

I'd maybe toss one pair of jeans and maybe a light sweater in, just in case you're chilly at night if you're from warm weather climes.

You'll love the area, it's just beautiful along the coastline up here, much different than the southern climes.

Enjoy your cruise. It is my favorite itinerary. I am not a beach person, and I love cruising the Caribbean, but love Canada and New England best.

Hard to say about the weather. I would check the weather channel for the cities you are to visit and go from there, as far as packing. It is still early in the season for cold temps up there. But, there is always the chance. Take a light jacket. If it isn't enough. Buy something at one of the ports. They have lots of nice shops. ;)

Have a great time on one of my favorite ships. And congratulations on becoming D+. It is a great feeling to reach that level.

Gwen :)

take lots of notes and pics.. we are taking a similar itinerary in 22 days on GR

Seriously? Jackets? It's only labour day. Today in Toronto 90 degrees with 90% humidity. Check the weather, but summer isn't officially over in Canada until late September. Same as US.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you are doing any sort of a whale watch, you may want a jacket or fleece. I have heard that the air can be 20-30 degrees colder on the sea than on land. We leave on September 5 and are taking layers just in case. Better to be safe than sorry.

Mary Anne

My inlaws are on this cruise....hope you guys have an amazing time!!!

Weekend in Maine along the coast is supposed to be 70's with scattered thunderstorms. Today is 68 and overcast. We have had mid 80's this week and also 50's at night. Layering is the best approach. We have a saying in Maine. If you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes it will change.

Have a great cruise.

To the OP....I doubt the weather will be significantly different from what you would experience if you stayed home on Long Island! Just bring a sweatshirt/sweater and/or a light windbreaker type jacket in case there might be a cool breeze. Enjoy...it is a great itinerary!:)

Thanks to everyone. I will take your advice and pack with some layering in mind. We will be going to Arcadia when in Bar Harbour and plan on eating a lot of Maine lobster. We also have a rather unusual excursion planned for Halifax (well, for us anyway). A motorcycle (side car) tour to Peggy's Cove. Everything I hear about Maine and these ports in Canada is positive. Can't wait. Again thanks for your comments.:)

We did Canada/New England on Jewel October 2006. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

we didn't get rain until our last port of call.

Did this on Enchantment two years ago and loved it! Also on Princess from NY. I second one pair of jeans and some lighter weight long pants. Definitely a light weight waterproof windbreaker and a small umbrella. Sneakers or other comfortable walking shoes.

Archived