Naive Question FCC vs Actual OnBoard Booking

SFO Peter

Cannot help but think I have not done something right to maximize my benefits. I actually booked a specific cruise on board while sailing and got the OBC but when I came home and got the thanks for cruising email from HAL my TA said that HAL would not apply the Welcome Home credit as well. Should I have just asked for a FCC rather than actually booking and wait till I came home to book to get the extra incentive?

Thanks for a reply.

Peter

It's called Future Cruise Deposit and it is listed on the sheet that was distributed.

FCC = Future Cruise Consultant

FCD = Future Cruise Deposit

We have been able to get both. We don't usually get the Welcome Home e-mail but I knew to ask for the Thanks for coming OBC by code and it was granted. Someone will correct me but off the top of my head, I think the code is "ZPM". Sorry if I have remembered incorrectly.

My TA has always been able to get the Welcome Home credit applied retroactively, even if I booked shortly before the cruise. I mean how much easier than having her cancel and rebook.

You always get the FFD OBC whether you book on board or later.

This is all great information. Thank you all. Will ask for FCDs when sailing from now on. And when I get home I will use the ZPM promotion (within the alotted time limit) to book with my TA to get the Welcome Home credit.

Peter

Don't give up on getting the thanks for coming promo applied.

Try again.

Is that promo only available if you use a FCD to book a cruise? I have an upcoming cruise on the Eurodam in October that I booked using my FCD and received he OBC. Do you think I could still have the promo applied, even though the cruise is so close? I didn't book with a TA, I booked onboard the Oosterdam on my last cruise. Thanks.

There is nothing to lose by trying. The promo is for booking a cruise within 30 or 60 days (I'm vague which) of returning home from one. Your cruise may qualify depending when you booked but I wouldn't count on getting it. I certainly would ask.

Let us know if they agree to grant it.

(Laffnvegas is a TA and posted about it a few days ago.)

There is nothing to lose by trying. The promo is for booking a cruise within 30 or 60 days (I'm vague which) of returning home from one. Your cruise may qualify depending when you booked but I wouldn't count on getting it. I certainly would ask.

Let us know if they agree to grant it.

(Laffnvegas is a TA and posted about it a few days ago.)

Yes! I just called and got it applied. Thank you so much. I learn so much on these boards. I really appreciate it!

It's called Future Cruise Deposit and it is listed on the sheet that was distributed.

We have been able to get both. We don't usually get the Welcome Home e-mail but I knew to ask for the Thanks for coming OBC by code and it was granted. Someone will correct me but off the top of my head, I think the code is "ZPM". Sorry if I have remembered incorrectly.

Just wanted to confirm that it is indeed fare code ZPM.

Yes! I just called and got it applied. Thank you so much. I learn so much on these boards. I really appreciate it!

GREAT!!

I am so happy you were able to get it.

Enjoy!

Just wanted to confirm that it is indeed fare code ZPM.

:) Thanks for confirming. My memory wasn't perfectly clear about it.

I just booked a cruise yesterday and the email said to ask for code ZPM and ZPN. I wonder why two codes. We also used two FCC's so will get our OBC's there. That, along with the 250 dollars shareholder credit for a two week cruise will give us a nice start.

This is all great information. Thank you all. Will ask for FCDs when sailing from now on. And when I get home I will use the ZPM promotion (within the alotted time limit) to book with my TA to get the Welcome Home credit.

Peter

I thought FCD's are basically credits you buy on your current cruise for future cruise. It is not something just given to you. Please someone verify this ?

Tks

Thank you CC family :)

taneous@hotmail.com

Sail,

What amount of FCD's is considered reasonable to buy while on the cruise PP ? And does it have to happen on the ship ?

Thanks much :)

taneous@hotmail.com

I thought FCD's are basically credits you buy on your current cruise for future cruise. It is not something just given to you. Please someone verify this ?

Tks

taneous@hotmail.com

yes, you buy the FCD's. The lowest denomination is $100. (depends on the length of the cruise you are considering as to what is required. Some have reported purchasing the $100 and then being to 'top up' for longer cruises.

Sail,

What amount of FCD's is considered reasonable to buy while on the cruise PP ? And does it have to happen on the ship ?

taneous@hotmail.com

Not Sail, but you can buy as many FCD's as you like to the best of my knowledge. If there are two of you together on the cruise and you plan on cruising again, then you each need at least one FCD. And yes, FCD's can only be purchased on your cruise (the ship).

Sail,

taneous@hotmail.com

You have to buy the FCD's on the ship. You cannot buy them anywhere else.

The others have responded about denomination. As long as you purchased a FCD while aboard, you can use it for most future bookings and can top it off if the amount you bought is too low for the cruise you ultimately select.

Just one thing to remember ... unless it has changed, FCDs expire in four years from date of issuance. So buy only what you KNOW you will use...

It changed somewhat about a year ago. The Future Cruise Deposits still expire after 4 years, but now they are refundable.

If you don't use them, the money is returned to you, not kept by HAL.

It changed somewhat about a year ago. The Future Cruise Deposits still expire after 4 years, but now they are refundable.

Thanks Ruth- C. Good to know

How much do u normally buy on a given cruise ? FCD sound like a great deal to buy. Nothing to lose there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks Ruth. Good to know :)

How much do you buy on the average on a given cruise ?

FCDs sound like a great deal for buying. Nothing to lose according to what u said.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Archived