Just booked my Miami Hotel!

Orpheo

Hi all,

Just booked my Miami Hotel for our nov-dec trip. It's the Element Miami International Airport. Read tripadvisor and almost any review or info I could find on the net...:eek: (so silly, right :rolleyes:, I know)

I hope to have a marvelous 4 days there, before we head to our Cruise.

So exited! oh my:D:D

;)

Hi all,

Just booked my Miami Hotel for our nov-dec trip. It's the Element Miami International Airport. Read tripadvisor and almost any review or info I could find on the net...:eek: (so silly, right :rolleyes:, I know)

I hope to have a marvelous 4 days there, before we head to our Cruise.

So exited! oh my:D:D

;)

I hate to rain on your parade but two things; that is a crappy area with a lot of crime and no way would I ever spend three days at Miami Airport.

Miami isn't like other cities with bad areas.

Don't spend three days here.

oh my! :eek:

May I suggest beach hotels? Or Coconut Grove or Coral Gables if you don't want beach?

I wouldn't think twice about spending the night in a Miami airport hotel if I had an early flight out but not for four days.

^ No, not Holiday Inn Port of Miami (I presume you meant that, Keith). Please no. If we are recommending Miami hotels, this one is not on many people's list.

Langley, I did mean Holiday Inn Bayside. Thanks for catching this.

There are about 10 hotels in downtown Miami I list. But, I gauge the list based on what the original posters mention. In other words, I selected four hotels that were closer to a price range of this poster based on the first hotel they listed. At higher price points I would have listed Marriott Marquis and Intercontinental and then a few steps higher Epic and then above that say Four Seasons and Mandarin Oriental.

Actually, the last few reviews on this board on the Holiday Inn Bayside have been fairly positive. I prefer others such as Hampton Inn and even Hyatt but wanted to list a few so there would be some choices.

Keith

I'm sorry to jump in here but anyone have a safe suggestion for an overnight hotel with shuttles to both areas?? I'm not familiar with Miami at all and would appreciate any assistance too.

Shar

Flying into MIA? :confused:

Arriving late and just want dinner and a clean room? :confused: Check out hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Sofitel, Homewood Suites and others) - free airport shuttles and shopping and dining options within walking distance. Most can arrange for shuttle service to POM for $10 per person, or you can cab it for under $30 per cab. The ride to POM will take about 15 or so minutes. Have a good cruise!

Prefer to stay in downtown Miami near Port of Miami (POM)? :confused: Downtown Miami hotels are closest to POM, but none offer free shuttle from MIA or to POM. A taxi from MIA will cost about $26+tip and another $10-12 cab ride will get you to POM the next day. Check out the Hyatt, Doubletree, Hampton Inn (Mary Brickell), Marriott, & Intercontinental.

Coming in early and want the beach, fine dining and nightlife? :D

Miami Beach is the "Miami" you see in the movies and on TV shows -- it is a separate city from Miami, and the hotels there tend to be smaller and more expensive -- they also offer great dining, nightlife and a world class beach. A taxi to South Beach from MIA will run $32+ and another $15 cab will get you to POM.

Flying into FLL? :confused:

Hotels are generally cheaper in the FLL area and it's usually simpler to stay near FLL and then shuttle to POM the next day.

Some of CC members favorites:

Sleep Inn Dania

Cambria Suites Dania

Hyatt Place FLL north and south

Hampton Inn (2 airport area locations)

Embassy Suites

Holiday Inn Express convention center

La Quinta Airport

Hilton 17th Street

Bahia Mar

Hyatt Pier 66

Good luck! :)

I'm sorry to jump in here but anyone have a safe suggestion for an overnight hotel with shuttles to both areas?? I'm not familiar with Miami at all and would appreciate any assistance too.

Shar

I missed your other request -- some of the budget motels near MIA will offer "free" shuttels to POM; none offer a free shuttle from the port. Check out Comfort Suites North and La Quinta East. Good luck! :)

John - thanks for the perfect answer, we may be flying in late to catch a Carnival cruise the next day. I fly from Toronto and the timing is not the best to catch the 3p.m. embark deadline.

I appreciate your help - Shar

we are flying in the evening before our cruise and thinking about just staying at the hotel inside MIA, so we dont have to worry about a taxi or shuttle to local hotels. In the morning we will take the Carnival shuttle to the port.

We booked courtyard Miami with points. It is the one at 200 SE 2nd ave

Pre night. Cruise I am beginning to wonder I made a mistake I never here anything about this hotel Any suggestions ???

I stayed here pre-cruise in February. It was great. Room was very clean, staff was great (had a credit card issue - someone stole my number prior to arrival UGH) and they were so helpful. We wanted to eat at Fratelli Milano which is around the block but couldn't get in and ended up eating in the little self-order restaurant at the Courtyard. Surprisingly was very good! Easy to get cab to port in morning for all 5 of us. I was more than pleased with the Courtyard. I even walked to CVS to get some things which is about 2 blocks away.

Edited by youngestof9

• 1 year later...
I hate to rain on your parade but two things; that is a crappy area with a lot of crime and no way would I ever spend three days at Miami Airport.

Miami isn't like other cities with bad areas.

Don't spend three days here.

How much would a cab from a coconut groves hotel cost to POM and miami airport?

I really wish CC would make a sticky about the various areas in Greater Miami, because I see this all the time: people who confuse Miami with Miami Beach, people who think the airport area is near...well...anything, people who don't understand how large the place is, people who think there's a beach in downtown Miami, etc. etc. I grew up in Miami, and the area around the airport was dicey 50 years ago; I suspect it has not improved.

Edited by Langoustine

How much would a cab from a coconut groves hotel cost to POM and miami airport?

$25-30 plus tip, for both. I stayed in Coconut Grove and I think it was about 20 some bucks to the pier....it was a couple years ago. Actually I had taken a cab to a grocery store, and on the way back we discussed the pier...he said he'd come get us the next day. he did.....

Shar

From one fellow Canadian to another, if you are cruising out of Miami, I would suggest the Intercontinental. We have stayed here twice before and highly recommend this hotel. No "free" shuttles from the airport, but I don't think any downtown hotel will offer you a "free" shuttle.

^ No, not Holiday Inn Port of Miami (I presume you meant that, Keith). Please no. If we are recommending Miami hotels, this one is not on many people's list.

LOTS of people stay here and are happy with it. Especially for first time POM cruisers. Location is great for that precruise day. I wouldn't skip by it when listing nearby port hotels.;)

Edited by eandj