Quest 8/27-9/6

PaulaJK

We boarded 3 days ago. Smoothly,per us usual. It was wonderful and warm to greet so many familiar faces. Quest is in great condition. Fabulous crew. After 2 disappointing meals, we have enjoyed a lovely dinner and lunch, so all is looking

Up.

Kudos to John Barron. Embarkation night, usually a sleeper, has a pool deck ABBA show which brought many to their feet.

We are in a spa suite, so if you have questions, please ask.

We boarded 3 days ago. Smoothly,per us usual. It was wonderful and warm to greet so many familiar faces. Quest is in great condition. Fabulous crew. After 2 disappointing meals, we have enjoyed a lovely dinner and lunch, so all is looking

Up.

Kudos to John Barron. Embarkation night, usually a sleeper, has a pool deck ABBA show which brought many to their feet.

We are in a spa suite, so if you have questions, please ask.

Sounds fantastic.

Do you know if John is staying on for the Antarctic?

Chef Kurt supposedly just left and Chef Franck is now on board...will try to inquire re:October. The 'formal optional' dinner was excellent...artichoke carpaccio w. foie gras, lemon sole and vanilla soufflé.

We had Chef Kurt on Odyssey last year. I thought he was excellent!!

We're enjoying a lovely cruise. Today, our sole sea day, is windy, chilly and with rough seas so I am in a bit of a pout w. Mother Nature. But this will be off set by the Galley Lunch! Staff/crew on board is excellent.

The spa suite is absolutely beautiful....but with a few issues which I will write about when home.

Chef Kurt will be on Sojourn for the WC. Chef Franck is a delightful man and his culinary offerings have been quite fine. I am surprised that we are having so many Asian lunches while in the Med, a corporate issue no doubt.

Sorry your sea day weather was lousy -- but as you say the Galley Market Lunch can go a a ways toward compensating for that. Good to know about Chef Franck.We embark on the Quest on Friday when you disembark.At present looks like our first two days we will have poor weather awell.But I'd rather it happen with Palamos than St Tropez our next port of call.I have been reading about what appears to be a wonderful coastal hiking path that I did not do last time i was there.Can't wait for our 20 day Seabourn fix.

We're enjoying a lovely cruise. Today, our sole sea day, is windy, chilly and with rough seas so I am in a bit of a pout w. Mother Nature. But this will be off set by the Galley Lunch! Staff/crew on board is excellent.

The spa suite is absolutely beautiful....but with a few issues which I will write about when home.

Chef Kurt will be on Sojourn for the WC. Chef Franck is a delightful man and his culinary offerings have been quite fine. I am surprised that we are having so many Asian lunches while in the Med, a corporate issue no doubt.

Paula JK... Haven't seen you onboard!!! 3ock the boat was packed as usual ...where you there? Look at your guest list for a Mr. "S'!!! :)

Yes, Rock The Boat was a swell party last night. Even the seas had calmed and the weather had turned fair. It lasted until 11:15, later than usual I think. John Barron and his team are enthusiastic about entertainment !

Today there was a sail away caviar party with some classical music offered by 2 of the staff...quite nice.

Chairs in, you are going to have a great cruise as there is a wonderful staff on board. The galley lunch was fab...if only I could make it past the cheese fondue station!

Paula ( not in the guest list)

Paula, glad you are enjoying the cruise.

What do you think of the wine being served?

Keith

They have been buying locally on this ship sometimes in the past couple of weeks. They have also added a very nice Sancere to the list as well.

Paula I will just have to come up and visit you personally I guess?..)

NYK, Sorry I missed your last note as you would have been a welcome visitor.[Of course, as you probably know, you would have had to be quite selective about which evening you climbed the stairway to paradise!] I found the internet so tedious this go round that I used it less and less as the cruise progressed.

Keith, My 'wine palate' tends turns the light and fruity. This is not a comprehensive list but I know that the whites included a good Sancerre, a Chablis & Petit Chablis as well as some Italian Pinot Grigio. There was a nice pinot noir as well as several other reds[ Tuscan, New Zealand, Cotes de Rhone, etc.] Being in the Med, I am told that they often bought locally. I was quite satisfied with these offerings.

NYK, Sorry I missed your last note as you would have been a welcome visitor.[Of course, as you probably know, you would have had to be quite selective about which evening you climbed the stairway to paradise!] I found the internet so tedious this go round that I used it less and less as the cruise progressed.

Keith, My 'wine palate' tends turns the light and fruity. This is not a comprehensive list but I know that the whites included a good Sancerre, a Chablis & Petit Chablis as well as some Italian Pinot Grigio. There was a nice pinot noir as well as several other reds[ Tuscan, New Zealand, Cotes de Rhone, etc.] Being in the Med, I am told that they often bought locally. I was quite satisfied with these offerings.

You really should seek out NYK/Zorro/Seabourntraveller/whatever and post a picture. I think their might be a bounty on some other board.:p

You really should seek out NYK/Zorro/Seabourntraveller/whatever and post a picture. I think their might be a bounty on some other board.:p

Chairsin recently joined Quest. Your mission - should you choose to accept - to locate and surreptitiously photgraph the elusive "Mr S" and then post on CC!

Chairsin recently joined Quest. Your mission - should you choose to accept - to locate and surreptitiously photgraph the elusive "Mr S" and then post on CC!

Better luck in a meteorite striking the ship than that happening!...HA!...besides always in disguise and many hand held PDA's devices (not just in black).;)

Loving the mystery of identifying who is Mr S who is definitely not Zorro and we can also assume, safely enough, is not Mrs W!

He obviously keeps a low profile and shuns publicity. That's why he changes monikers so often. Tantalizing!

Methinks he plainly blends into the surroundings. Average profile and smartly dresses, demographically speaking, and probably speaks softly so that neither passengers or staff notice him.

Or maybe he is not who he says he is? Could he be... an assitant in the jewelry shop or maybe staff who look after the ship's ample stores? In both roles he could beaver away often enough on his pda- sight unseen.

Chairsin, if you are up to this large challenge, best of luck.

Happy sailing!

Certainly Chairsin has better things to do than to seek out bores.

Located ... hint..."Mr. A.S." ;)

He's now posting again on the Quest roll calls soliciting referral OBC coupons despite being previously "moderated",(as zorro), by Host Dan for not abiding by Community guidelines and only posting such on the sticky thread.

History repeats itself...he'll eventually be banned again and most likely come back as......PANCHO :eek:

No way!

My third choice guess was that Mr S was a Seabourn Dancer. He would have a lot of time to PDA his time away when not delighting everyone in the show lounge while hoofing it about the floor with a voluptuous female partner.

So he hawks for referrals? How vulgar. Must be hard up?

Too much...

Happy sailing!