Big Carnival Announcement on the Way

rockbock

I don't know anything or anyone from CCL corporate, but my guess would be that the big announcement will include some form of the new passenger referral program, and perhaps renewed partnering with TA's, providing them with incentives to book passengers on CCL, and relaxation of the rules prohibiting TA's from offering lower pricing or extra incentives to passengers.... Just my guess.........

I think a passenger referreal program is a really excellent idea...but first you have to make your cruise line worth referring.

I still refer people to Carnival, but I do so with a bunch of disclaimers. :o

I still refer people to Carnival, but I do so with a bunch of disclaimers. :o

And what type of disclaimers would those be? I refer people to many things (including Carnival) and tell it like it is (sometimes according to my perception but always using facts to back up my perceptions). I have no problem referring people to Carnival and have taken friends with us several times. And for the most part I simply tell them you get what you pay for. No one in their right mind should expect the first class service of the Titanic when paying what it cost for a trip on the SS Minnow.

I

And what type of disclaimers would those be? I refer people to many things (including Carnival) and tell it like it is (sometimes according to my perception but always using facts to back up my perceptions). I have no problem referring people to Carnival and have taken friends with us several times. And for the most part I simply tell them you get what you pay for. No one in their right mind should expect the first class service of the Titanic when paying what it cost for a trip on the SS Minnow.

If someone who has only sailed more upscale cruise lines, or someone who has never cruised before (but who envisions a more glamorous and sophisticated experience) asks me if Carnival would be a good fit for them, I tell them that they can have an enjoyable time as long as they go with realistic expectations.

In other words, don't expect to pay $229 for a 5 day cruise on a budget cruise line aboard an older ship and expect impeccable cuisine, service, entertainment, or decor. It's not the Queen Mary 2.

I tell them that if they want to enjoy a few days of relaxation in a casual environment, and to enjoy the basic pleasures of cruising without spending too much money, and they are OK with a budget experience, go with Carnival.

On the other hand, I have people ask me if its true that Carnival is a wild, drunken, orgy full of wild 20-somethings, and once again I have to clarify what Carnival isnt. I've learned that the average person doesn't have a clue what cruising is like and they base their expertise on the Love Boat reruns and Dateline NBC episodes.

If someone who has only sailed more upscale cruise lines, or someone who has never cruised before (but who envision a more glamorous and sophisticated experience) asks me if Carnival would be a good fit for them, I tell them that they can have an enjoyable time as long as they go with realistic expectations.

In other words, don't expect to pay $229 for a 5 day cruise on a budget cruise line aboard an older ship and expect impeccable cuisine, service, entertainment, or decor. It's not the Queen Mary 2.

I tell them that if they want to enjoy a few days of relaxation in a casual environment, and to enjoy the basic pleasures of cruising without spending too much, go with Carnival.

Gotcha. In other words, you're just reminding them to use common sense! :)

If someone who has only sailed more upscale cruise lines, or someone who has never cruised before (but who envision a more glamorous and sophisticated experience) asks me if Carnival would be a good fit for them, I tell them that they can have an enjoyable time as long as they go with realistic expectations.

I tell them that if they want to enjoy a few days of relaxation in a casual environment, and to enjoy the basic pleasures of cruising without spending too much, go with Carnival.

Food and service still good, my major complaint is entertainment has gone downhill big time.

Ha ha ha, maybe they'll add make your own Poutine and Beaver Tails to the Lido menu *BG*.....

It would be nice if they FIXED the loyalty program for those of us we cruise solo and paid anywhere from 150-200% to occupy a cabin solo. We get credit for one seven day cruise when we paid for two full fares, so we should get 14 points credit...If they did that I would have 34 extra points (four seven day and one six day).......

I'll be home on the 9th still...I don't leave for New Orleans until the 11th....

I agree!

Food and service still good, my major complaint is entertainment has gone downhill big time.

Our service in the MDR was the worst and food was hit or miss, I think its just depends on what ship or who the servers are.

Getting a cocktail before dinner forget it, I started bringing in my own bloody mary , I really hope this has changed. Also you need to order coffee half way between you dinner in hopes it comes during dessert. Not sure if this was just one of those times or if its the new normal as we never had this problem before.

That's my main issue as well...except when I tried other lines and saw a slight difference here and there in other areas, it made things even more clear to us that CCL had lost a lot of it's charm. It happened so gradually over a few years that we kind of just adjusted with each cruise. Then when you cruise another line and get a wow factor, you see what you have been missing.

It's a shame, really....

Carnival can do that for you, but as with so many other things, it's hit or miss. :p

With Costa, probably more "HIT" than "miss."

I also think that Carnival needs to begin training passengers in fire fighting skills with their stellar history of fires at sea!

Our service in the MDR was the worst and food was hit or miss, I think its just depends on what ship or who the servers are.

Getting a cocktail before dinner forget it, I started bringing in my own bloody mary , I really hope this has changed. Also you need to order coffee half way between you dinner in hopes it comes during dessert. Not sure if this was just one of those times or if its the new normal as we never had this problem before.

We have been fortunate in our waitstaff with service pretty good. Not as good as it used to be as they have more people to serve but no real complaints

That's my main issue as well...except when I tried other lines and saw a slight difference here and there in other areas, it made things even more clear to us that CCL had lost a lot of it's charm. It happened so gradually over a few years that we kind of just adjusted with each cruise. Then when you cruise another line and get a wow factor, you see what you have been missing.

It's a shame, really....

We keep talking about trying another line (havent done RCCL in almost 10 years) and even booked an NCL for this past Feb. Had to cancel due to family illness and when we found we could rebook price was way up.

Want to start doing Europe next year and that will necessitate someone other than CCL.

That's an excellent idea! I second it! ;-)

I asked John on his fb page about this a few months ago and he had no idea.

Thank asked why they dont use Princess' private island and said he would ask and get back to me but never did.

Consider they control all passenger spending for the day always wondered why they dont.

Archived