Southampton Hotels?

jb972

Hi Everyone,

My apologies if there is already a thread out there relating to this but i couldn't find it.

Can anybody please tell me what the nearest hotels are to the port of southampton? we are sailing from there next year and i am trying to get ahead of the game. I know there is a hotel directly opposite where RCCl dock but can't remember which it is. Ideally looking for one with a parking rate.

Thanks.:confused:

The nearest i know of are the Premier Inn West Quay and Grand Harbour Hotel.

Some that are near by that include parking packages are:

Mercure Southampton Dolphin

Novotel Southampton

Holiday Inn Southampton

hope this helps

:)

We're booked in to Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh this Friday night.

Booked it months ago really cheap £29.

There's a pub and Harvester next door for evening dinner and breakfast.

Then booked AB ports parking .

Hubby is very fussy when it comes to car parks and this one is one where you park the car yourself. He prefers to know the cars not going to move while we are away as we keep the keys. He wouldn't dream of letting someone else park his pride and joy!!!:eek:

Think for 2 weeks it came in at £107.

Just another option to consider.

4 more sleeps and we're on the Indy for 2 weeks. Yeah:D

Julia

We're staying at the Premier Inn the night before our cruise November, we're on a TA so we're hiring a car to Southampton and then flying back to Manchester.

Just reading this post, & a seemingly really silly thought has occurred to me: Will we be able to find where to go when we leave the hotel in the morning? I know lots of cruise ships sail from there, so is RCCL's terminal obvious?

Does anyone know if it's walk-able from the Premier Inn?

Thanks in advance for any tips

CC friends of mine (Jason12) recently stayed at the Holiday Inn..... here is the view from their hotel window

1174767_626404477392581_73858966_n.jpg

Yes this is the closest hotel to RC terminal, it a 3-4 minute walk at most, nice hotel, modern rooms and good food..

8ybe8aje.jpg

We're staying at the Premier Inn the night before our cruise November, we're on a TA so we're hiring a car to Southampton and then flying back to Manchester.

Just reading this post, & a seemingly really silly thought has occurred to me: Will we be able to find where to go when we leave the hotel in the morning? I know lots of cruise ships sail from there, so is RCCL's terminal obvious?

If its the premier inn by the dock then yes it's about 10mins max walking..

We're booked in to Travelodge Southampton Eastleigh this Friday night.

Booked it months ago really cheap £29.

There's a pub and Harvester next door for evening dinner and breakfast.

Then booked AB ports parking .

Julia

Fine for yourself & the OP, but only suitable for those with a car (come off the M3 at J12, that Travelodge is at Allbrook, just outside Eastleigh).

Harvester next door is pretty decent & very good value

Premier Inn West Quay is ideal.

The hotel is a five minute walk from the depots of Hertz, Europcar & National - they're in a little spur off West Quay Road.

And an easy level ten minute walk, even with luggage, to RCI's berth at City Cruise Terminal. Save a few minutes by cutting through the Holiday Inn carpark.

Or drop your bags at the terminal before returning a Hertz, Europcar or National rented car, then walk back to the cruise terminal.

No parking at the hotel, but there is an arrangement between hotel & the adjacent West Quay Mall multi-storey for discounted parking - so drop your bags & ask about it at reception before feeding any carpark machines

Premier Inn City Centre (in New Road) or those on the edge of the city - with a Hertz or Europcar or National car, drop your luggage, then drop the car, then walk back to the terminal (again, through Holiday Inn carpark). None of those Premier Inns are walkable to the cruise terminal, need a taxi.

The Avis depot is at the airport, needs a £20 taxi ride or a train plus £5 taxi ride to either a hotel or the cruise terminal.

JB :)

We're staying here too!:D

We stayed 1 night per cruise in August at the Premier Inn West Quay. It is within walking distance to a huge shopping mall. They have a nice buffet breakfast and they also do dinner.

This hotel does not have any parking. They have a discounted rate at the shopping mall parking. They only have parking space where you can remove your luggage from the car.

We were on a Princess British Isles cruise and we told the taxi driver to go to a certain dock and he said Princess was docked at another dock (Queen Mary dock?) which was further away and was not walkable.

We were on a Princess British Isles cruise and we told the taxi driver to go to a certain dock and he said Princess was docked at another dock (Queen Mary dock?) which was further away and was not walkable.

Yes, Princess usually berth at Ocean Terminal or Mayflower terminal. Especially with luggage, both are well worth a short taxi ride from any hotel or the rail/coach stations.

JB :)

Archived