alcohol package

My DH and I are thinking we might want to purchase the deluxe alcohol package (includes hard liquor) on our Oasis cruise. Can anyone tell me the specifics, i.e. do both of us have to purchase it or can he just buy it; can you buy someone else a drink with the package; and do you know who much the drinks cost on RCCL Oasis, i.e., rum & coke, JD manhattan, drambuie, beer.

Thanks for any help.

luvtacruise27

My DH and I are thinking we might want to purchase the deluxe alcohol package (includes hard liquor) on our Oasis cruise. Can anyone tell me the specifics, i.e. do both of us have to purchase it or can he just buy it; can you buy someone else a drink with the package; and do you know who much the drinks cost on RCCL Oasis, i.e., rum & coke, JD manhattan, drambuie, beer.

Thanks for any help.

luvtacruise27

Royal's rule about the unlimited alcohol package is that all adults 21 and over in a stateroom must purchase the package. You can always buy someone else a drink by paying for it with your SeaPass card.

Here's a very recent post with the bar menu, thanks to Marc (Daghis):

http://www.bluevine.net/RoyalCaribbeanBeverageMenu.pdf

Royal's rule about the unlimited alcohol package is that all adults 21 and over in a stateroom must purchase the package. You can always buy someone else a drink by paying for it with your SeaPass card.

Here's a very recent post with the bar menu, thanks to Marc (Daghis):

http://www.bluevine.net/RoyalCaribbeanBeverageMenu.pdf

Thanks for the info, Bob.:)

...can you buy someone else a drink with the package...

Using your package to buy/give/supply someone else with a drink constitutes stealing, IMO and in the opinion of RCI. The packages are not meant to be shared, thus everyone in the cabin must purchase the alcohol package.

I'm sure someone will come along and contradict/debate me on this - it's not unusual. ;)

Using your package to buy/give/supply someone else with a drink constitutes stealing, IMO and in the opinion of RCI. The packages are not meant to be shared, thus everyone in the cabin must purchase the alcohol package.

I'm sure someone will come along and contradict/debate me on this - it's not unusual. ;)

Not looking to "steal" anything. Was just curious if I wanted to buy my DS a birthday drink, if that would be allowed. Guess not, but thanks for your concern.

Not looking to "steal" anything. Was just curious if I wanted to buy my DS a birthday drink, if that would be allowed. Guess not, but thanks for your concern.

Just tell the bar server you would like to buy a drink for your son and they will charge it to your SeaPass card.

Just tell the bar server you would like to buy a drink for your son and they will charge it to your SeaPass card.

Thank you very much for your kind answer.

Also, do you know what is meant by the "super premium category" beverages that are not included in the "Premium package"?:confused:

Thank you very much for your kind answer.

Also, do you know what is meant by the "super premium category" beverages that are not included in the "Premium package"?:confused:

Check out this link... especially posts #3, #11 and #15... very informative.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1796429&highlight=super+premium+category

I am sure if you got a drink and gave it to your son it would be ok.

Just because the people on this site have problems with it does not mean the bar staff will.

They all work for tips....

No, it would absolutely NOT be OK. And this is the very reason why all adults in the cabin must purchase the same package now - too many cheats. OP, there will be no problem purchasing someone a drink and charging the cost on your card and I commend you for your honesty.

No, it would absolutely NOT be OK. And this is the very reason why all adults in the cabin must purchase the same package now - too many cheats. OP, there will be no problem purchasing someone a drink and charging the cost on your card and I commend you for your honesty.

Its ok for the diamonds to sit in the lounge and suck down free drinks all evening, but the people who pay $300+ for the package cannot give one drink away.

Let them eat cake...

Its ok for the diamonds to sit in the lounge and suck down free drinks all evening, but the people who pay $300+ for the package cannot give one drink away.

Let them eat cake...

Big difference. The Diamond lounge is a perk. The people in there earned it by sailing so many times with RCI. RCI gave them this lounge and its amenities.

The alcohol package is a purchase with a set of rules. You decide to purchase this, it is not given to you by RCI.

Not looking to "steal" anything. Was just curious if I wanted to buy my DS a birthday drink, if that would be allowed.

I never said you were and sorry if you took it that way. Your question was answered in post # 2 when Bob said you could buy a drink and charge it to your Sea Pass card. I was simply adding to the conversation.

Archived