Bill Discrepancy

allelect

Who do I call about a discrepancy between the final bill I received at the end of my Oasis cruise and what has been actually charged on my credit card as I learned today?

For RC to tack on a few bucks unjustifiably post cruise seems kinda slimy and I've read this before on these boards!

Who do I call about a discrepancy between the final bill I received at the end of my Oasis cruise and what has been actually charged on my credit card as I learned today?

For RC to tack on a few bucks unjustifiably post cruise seems kinda slimy and I've read this before on these boards!

Post Cruise Customer Service: (800) 256-6649.

Just happened to us a week or so ago. They posted the credit within 2 business days.

Many thanks, Bob. You're the go-to guy! I really don't like that they do this. We got along well with our stateroom attendant and tipped him additionally well so I don't suspect him.

The stateroom doors are usually open after you leave, so anyone (even other guests) can walk in the stateroom and take something.

Many thanks, Bob. You're the go-to guy! I really don't like that they do this. We got along well with our stateroom attendant and tipped him additionally well so I don't suspect him.
Suspect your stateroom attendant of what actually?????:confused:

Some of us are cynical enough to wonder if these charges are "accidentally on purpose" because they happen so often. Usually minor amounts that involve the mini-bar which could be attributed to a thirsty crew member recruited for turn around or a passenger walking by. Royal is always very cooperative in taking them off when you contact them.

However, when you put the pen to the paper, think about how many $5 charges either go unnoticed or people don't want to chase that little amount of money. As Ben Franklin said, "Pennies make dollars" and multiply it by the number of ships in the fleet. As little as $500 per sailing in billing errors can add up to a nice piece of pocket change.

Tucker in Texas

Working in a Bank I am surprised at how many people do not check Bank accounts or credit card statements. Mistakes happen on a regualr basesand is not uncommon.

As for RCCL I think most cruise lines have a problem with this, charges showing up after you have left the ship. On of the reasons I change to cash for the last few days to stop this fromhappening.

Well, I called RC Customer Service today and was told that the extra few dollar charge was for additional internet usage. But, as I explained to the agent, we contracted on the Oasis last week for 500 minutes paying $150 and we definitely never used up all the minutes. She tried to rationalize to me that guests sometimes go over their contracted minutes. My DW told me that when she first used the wifi on the ship, the screen asked her if she wanted to be informed if we used up the alloted minutes to which she clicked "yes".

I insisted that the agent remove the unjustifiable additional charge which she agreed to do.

Still, I think this seemingly deliberate nickel and diming by RC, once off the ship, again is slimy and not becoming of this otherwise quality cruise line.

Some of us are cynical enough to wonder if these charges are "accidentally on purpose" because they happen so often. Usually minor amounts that involve the mini-bar which could be attributed to a thirsty crew member recruited for turn around or a passenger walking by. Royal is always very cooperative in taking them off when you contact them.

However, when you put the pen to the paper, think about how many $5 charges either go unnoticed or people don't want to chase that little amount of money. As Ben Franklin said, "Pennies make dollars" and multiply it by the number of ships in the fleet. As little as $500 per sailing in billing errors can add up to a nice piece of pocket change.

Tucker in Texas

Well, I called RC Customer Service today and was told that the extra few dollar charge was for additional internet usage. But, as I explained to the agent, we contracted on the Oasis last week for 500 minutes paying $150 and we definitely never used up all the minutes. She tried to rationalize to me that guests sometimes go over their contracted minutes. My DW told me that when she first used the wifi on the ship, the screen asked her if she wanted to be informed if we used up the alloted minutes to which she clicked "yes".

I insisted that the agent remove the unjustifiable additional charge which she agreed to do.

Still, I think this seemingly deliberate nickel and diming by RC, once off the ship, again is slimy and not becoming of this otherwise quality cruise line.

Apparently...yet another way to get "pocket change" for the cruise line. :rolleyes:;)

Archived