Best RCI cocktail?

Esilef

Thanks, Edna. I figured they had to be given the ingredients.;)

Ps. I like your new screen name.

Thanks. Hey, I see you are going to be on the Oasis soon. Look up our friend Tam when you get on board. He is part of the sports staff and if you were ever thinking about giving the Flowrider a whirl, he will teach you. Tell him you are friends of ours and he will hook you up :D

I sure hope we can all cruise together on the Quantum. That would be a hoot :p

Edna

I'll tell you what is NOT the best cocktail: Shrimp!!!! I've only had 2 RC cruises, but I've not ONCE had a decent shrimp cocktail on board an RC ship.

Really? I am by no means a Shrimp Cocktail expert, but I didn't think I had any "bad" ones on Freedom. The shrimp aren't big in the MDR, but the shrimp at chops were huge.

I love shrimp cocktail lol.

Any of them are my favorite, because it means that I'm on a cruise. I really love free drinks. They taste so much better than paid for drinks. I'm getting the drink package for the next cruise and pretending that all my drinks are free and extra good!

All kidding aside, I'm a Grey Goose with a tiny splash of cranberry person. On the extra hot days, I love frozen lemonade with vodka. After dinner on my last cruise - my Mom, Step-dad and me get half cups of coffee and fill the other half with shared shots of amaretto, irish whiskey, and coffee liquor.

My Mom and step-dad love doing the 2 for 1 bloody mary's at bingo (I hate bloody mary's - yuck).

The lemondrop martini's from the champagne bar (I think it's now called Z Bar on a lot of the ships) are really good (with the sugar around the rim of the glass).

On Labadee, I just get long island iced teas. They don't have the best selection of drinks there, so they end up combining whatever is available. Sometimes good and sometimes bad. It's sort of fun to see what get.

My favorite cruise drink has always been the Miami Vice. But on the Freedom in May, Antonio in the Schooner Bar introduced me to the BBC. My new favorite! He kept me well stocked all week since i spent time there every evening. :p

For me? Jack and Coke.

But I have heard the Torched Cherry Sangria is pretty boss. :D

It has been the Patron Perfect Margarita over the years but sine those are up to $9.25, I'm hoping the Captain's Caipirinha will be a decent replacement. Otherwise a Citrus Rum and Coke will suffice.

These were the 2 new drinks I found on our latest cruise, both were fabulous.

Other than these my old standby was the Pomegranate Cosmo.

Really? I am by no means a Shrimp Cocktail expert, but I didn't think I had any "bad" ones on Freedom. The shrimp aren't big in the MDR, but the shrimp at chops were huge.

I love shrimp cocktail lol.

I LOVE a good shrimp cocktail, so I have ordered 4 of them on RC cruises. Each time, they were very small, and almost room temp. Not at all "firm". It was like those $4.99 shrimp rings you get in the grocery store.. horrible. Each time, I ordered them, I thought the last time(s) were a fluke. So far, I am 0-4. These were all MDR shrimp

We have NOT tried chops, but will be doing so this next cruise. I'll be sure to order one then.

Archived