LIVE From the ALLURE of the SEAS with Trainman & Judith

Trainman-2

Good Morning Everyone,

It is Sunday, September 8th, Boarding Day

This morning I learned something new about my new camera, a Nikon, CoolPix, S5200, which I really have been enjoying.

The camera does not tell me that I failed to insert the Flash Card when I turn it on.

I took some great shots from the 12th floor of the hotel of the Oasis leaving port yesterday. I also took some shots of our pre cruise dinner with close to 50 people last night.

Unfortunately, with no flash card, the photos went to some unknown location and are lost for all time! SORRY

]

Dont panic yet ;) They may not be lost...my DH is a Nikon aficionado- let me check with him, but often there is a way the camera can save a very limited amount of images and there is a way to access them. Obviously the more "high end the camera the more likely this is, so it may not be possible on the Coolpix series. I'll find out and report back!

Enjoying your live review!!

Good Morning Everyone,

Today is Day 2 and we are at Sea.

Not much of a sunrise this morning.

DSCN0118_zps45d66f27.jpg

DSCN0121_zps19a9dd2a.jpg

Here is where we are as of a few moments ago, according to the Bridge TV.

DSCN0122_zpsd2e87e20.jpg

I have already been up to the Windjammer for a Modified Trainman Breakfast. Judith and my entire team of doctors has been ganging up on me. I am supposed to eat more Fruit and Fiber and less of everything that I like.

I made a Bacon and Jelly Sandwich but it didn't taste "right" so I ate most of the bacon out of it.

NOTE: I believe that bacon comes from pigs and pigs live in mud and mud is made from dirt and water and dirt contains many important vitamins and minerals and perhaps some fiber which is why kids that eat dirt grow up to be healthy and strong.

Scrambled Eggs, Grilled Tomatoes, and Potatoes with sauteed sweet peppers.

About as healthy as I am going to get... :D

DSCN0119_zps92a46953.jpg

We have the Meet and Mingle coming in about an hour so I am getting ready for it. I have rolled Judith out of bed and she is getting ready.

We are in Cabin 7644 which is a Junior Suite. on the Starboard side.

We were "Wait Listed" for a Handicapped cabin which is Junior Suite sized but at a regular balcony cabin price but we didn't get one so we upgraded a few weeks ago when the prices came down a bit.

More later after the M&M...

We had a nice M&M in Dazzel's Lounge on Deck 8, aft this morning. The place was packed.

One of the CD's staff gave a nice, informative talk on RCI's different classes of ships.

Judith commented that the prizes for the drawings and give-a-ways have gone way down in value and niftiness. I agree!

DSCN0124_zps56a9d77d.jpg

DSCN0123_zps3bde9371.jpg

One nifty new (to us) thing is that there are now handles on the outside of the door to the balcony.

The door handle must be latched for the A/C in the cabin to work!

Now we can go out onto the balcony to blow smoke all over the place (offending non-smokers near and far) :D and latch the door to keep the Cabin A/C on.

LOVE IT!!!:D

Enjoy your cruise and your smoke filled balcony!!;)

SO...talked to the expert...you may not be able to recover them while on board if you dont have all the parts, but when you get to a place where you can use the (included w camera) USB cord to connect directly with your computer or laptop. You will be able to download the photos that didnt end up on a card directly from the chip in the camera. Look for them on 'my computer" you will see the device (your camera) listed as Coolpix and if you click on it you will have access to the pics to download where ever you choose!

Good luck!:D

Alternatively - There's a "copy from internal to external memory" camera feature so that Trainman should be able to use the camera's menus to copy the internal photos to the SD card and then view them as normal. With a Hi-Res camera and only 25MB internal storage, I'm not sure there will be very many photos stored. Hoping to see a photo or two of Duffy's!

ken

Thanks for your live review!!!

Two things that I really notice here:

1. I sure miss the smoke stacks at FLL. It just doesn't seem to look the same. LOL

2. You are really having smooooooooooooooooooooooooth seas and I sure hope that continues.

Tim

Hi. Can you find out for me if the balcony dividers open up? We were on FOS western in Oct 2012 and my parents were next door to us so it was great that we could open the divider. We have now booked on the Allure eastern for Oct 2014 and it would be good to know that we could do it again.

Archived