Nellie's over the water already booked

DrD

We had a Nellies Hillside and it was great! It was an uphill walk to get the hillside but the location was fantastic! We had easy access to Barefoot and our cabana steward would have set up lounge chairs for us on Barefoot beach if we had wanted to be closer to the water.

You will love the hillside/hilltop cabana. We have had all 3 of the cabana types; sand, hillside/hilltop and over the water. I think over the water and then hilltop/hillside are our favorites.

From what I have been told by RCI in the past, I believe they only have so many cabanas available for booking online and then keep approximately 30% for booking when you get on board. Not everyone does the online booking thing so that would probably be fair to others that want to book the cabanas. Happy Cruising!

We booked our over the water at nellies back in April when we reserved our cruise. We've never had one, and I figured that they would go fast! You can always email the concierge and let them know if anyone cancels you'd like to have it. I've heard of others doing this.. Or you could just stalk the RCCL page.

Either way, good luck!

Happy sails:)

We booked our over the water at nellies back in April when we reserved our cruise. We've never had one, and I figured that they would go fast! You can always email the concierge and let them know if anyone cancels you'd like to have it. I've heard of others doing this.. Or you could just stalk the RCCL page.

Either way, good luck!

You will love the cabana--it is your own personal oasis! Looking forward to ours again this November on the Explorer.

Teddie

Either way, good luck!

The concierge has nothing to do with Nellies Beach cabanas, only Barefoot Beach ones for suite guests.

Thanks all. We had the over the water last year, I knew to book cabana right away, I booked it as soon as I had reservation number. I was surprised though that over the water were booked already. Must be getting alot more popular!

I love the cabana last year and honestly can't imagine going without now, kind of like balcony cabin!

It's misinformation. Nellies is open to anyone. Barefoot is for suites only. I was in a balcony last year and had a balcony, and had a Nellies Cabana with no issues.

Not true.

Last year on our Freedom sailing there were a couple

Barefoot Beach cabanas that were not booked and they were opened up to non-suite travelers to purchase.

The Conciernage had a waiting list of people who knew to contact him once they boarded and inquired.

But, after these cruisers took the nice cabanas the ones that were the least popular on the sand by the back concrete pink wall, stayed empty.

So there are non-suite guests who enjoy the cabanas.

Sea Ya

Not true.

Barefoot Beach cabanas that were not booked and they were opened up to non-suite travelers to purchase.

The Conciernage had a waiting list of people who knew to contact him once they boarded and inquired.

But, after these cruisers took the nice cabanas the ones that were the least popular on the sand by the back concrete pink wall, stayed empty.

Sea Ya

Agree with Sue! We were in a JS, not a real suite on the Allure but secured a Barefoot Beach Cabana before boarding because the suite guest were not filling them up. They are saved for them automatically but if they don't want them they go to those that do. I have no real interest in Nellie's but would do Barefoot again in the right Cabana! I also agree that the Cabanas in the back wouldn't be fun or worth the money at all.

BonVoyage

Dawna

We lucked out one year - prior to the Nellie's cabanas. Walked up to Barefoot, asked if there were any available (we were not suite guests)... they had one left - one of those dreaded "undesirable locations"... we grabbed it. Moments later the concierge called trying to get a cabana for a suite guest... none left. We loved the privacy and upgraded lunch.

For those who have been in the Over the Water Nellies Cabanas... how are they situated? ladder down into the water? how do you get to the cabana in the first place? any idea how many OTW cabanas they have?

Not true.

Sea Ya

Thanks Sue! I knew that this is what I've read. Also, I've "heard" that guests at Nellies beach have also had access to barefoot beach section. Is this true?

Keep checking daily, by either the RCI home page reservations or by calling.

People cancel cruises all the time and one may open up when you least expect it.

Good Luck

Sea Ya

TRUE and Good Info! I had one booked last year but had to cancel my cruise!

We lucked out one year - prior to the Nellie's cabanas. Walked up to Barefoot, asked if there were any available (we were not suite guests)... they had one left - one of those dreaded "undesirable locations"... we grabbed it. Moments later the concierge called trying to get a cabana for a suite guest... none left. We loved the privacy and upgraded lunch.

For those who have been in the Over the Water Nellies Cabanas... how are they situated? ladder down into the water? how do you get to the cabana in the first place? any idea how many OTW cabanas they have?

Look at Post #11 in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770883

Access to the cabanas is a path behind the cabana - you do not need to get there by water. Very easy access. Here is a photo of us accessing our OTW cabana - I think we had #7.

DSCF9535_zps0fda4bcb.jpg

Thank you! That is perfect. It looks like the only "bad" cabana is #1? Looks like it faces the beach? Whichever cabana I get... it means I'm not at work!

Look at Post #11 in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1770883

Access to the cabanas is a path behind the cabana - you do not need to get there by water. Very easy access. Here is a photo of us accessing our OTW cabana - I think we had #7.

Archived