Chef's Table dress code?

shepp

I looked around for this answer but...

Not wanting to schlep formalwear around Italy before the Royal TA, my partner and I will be bringing lightweight jackets and ties, but more casual than outright formalwear. If we book the Chef's Table for a non-formal night, what are we expected to wear, and for those of you who've done it, what did the guys at your table actually have on?

Not wanting to schlep formalwear around Italy before the Royal TA, my partner and I will be bringing lightweight jackets and ties, but more casual than outright formalwear. If we book the Chef's Table for a non-formal night, what are we expected to wear, and for those of you who've done it, what did the guys at your table actually have on?

Another thought...You can rent a tux and you don't have to bring anything and the tux will be in your stateroom when you arrive. I done this before and it saved space in my suitecase. Don't forget to pack your dress shoes.

Tom:)

The several times I've been to a CT it was on a smart casual night but with the Royal reportedly having it nightly I don't know what the recommended clothing would be on a Royal formal night...has anyone had the CT on the Royal on formal night?

Another thought...You can rent a tux and you don't have to bring anything and the tux will be in your stateroom when you arrive. I done this before and it saved space in my suitecase. Don't forget to pack your dress shoes.

Tom:)

I am on the same cruise & they're only offering the basic bowtie & cummerbund tux, shoes & suspenders on the Royal until arriving in Ft. Lauderdale to add other options.

We have done many and no one has ever been in formal wear.

Have you been to a CT on a formal night? The 4 we've done were on smart casual nights & the Royal will reportedly be nightly. Thus some will be on formal nights & hopefully someone who has done a CT on a Royal formal night can tell us if it's any different.

The OP is asking about a formal night on the Royal which may be different than on other ships where my experience has only been on smart casual nights.

The OP is asking about a formal night on the Royal which may be different than on other ships where my experience has only been on smart casual nights.

No, actually my intention is to try for a reservation on a smart casual night.

I'm figuring the maitre d' will let us in to formal night in jacket (not suit) and tie, but if not, no biggie. I'd hate to go to the CT on formal night and feel underdressed, though.

We have been to the Chef's Table twice. We were asked to wear freshly laundered clothing and closed toe shoes. We were then given white lab coats to wear in the kitchen. In the dining room we wore whatever clothing we had on under the lab coats. Casual as I remember it. No suits and ties.

A not to be missed experience.

We have done the Chef's Table 3 times and all were formal nights (we did not pick the nights....it was just when it was scheduled). At all 3 of those dinners (on 2 different ships) everyone at the table was very well dressed in appropriate clothes for formal nights (most of the guys actually had tuxes). If they schedule it on a smart-casual night then smart casual would be the appropriate dress. I would add that when we did the Chef's Table the cost was about $75 per person and well worth the cost.

Hank

Archived