Off Topic: The Emmy Awards Fashion

luvscruising2007

I just looked through some pics posted on Yahoo of the "stars" on the red carpet. There are some fashion trends that I really don't like. Yes, I am being judgmental and old fashioned, but I am interested in what others think.

1. The see through look, from hip down, waist to bra line, top of bra to shoulders. I don't get it. What is the allure?

2. Women whose girls have been invaded by gravity and wearing dresses that show this and don't lift the girls. I fine it unattractive. Maybe men like it.

I think many of the ladies looked very nice. But, the classic, Hollywood glam look is missing. Ellen Burstyn looked fantastic, and a few of the others were wearing classic looks but had modernized the fabric, either by color, pattern or texture.

Just my opinion. What do you think?

My favorites are Connie Britton, Alyson Hannigan and Carrie Underwood. I also love that NPH is wearing marroon!

Connie Britton was my favorite.

Alyson and Carrie's looked too much like prom or bridesmaid dress for me.

Colby Smulders from HIMYM had a lovely old time Hollywood look going on and one day I would like a dress that fits like Sofia Vergara's.

I loved Carrie Underwoods dress also. I wanted to see her dance in that beautiful full skirt.

I'm pretty sure Carrie was standing on something with the dress all the way to the floor - she's done that trick before. Therefore, she really can't move or she'll fall off the ledge. It's pretty cool - makes her legs look really long.

I think it was Claire Danes whose "girls" were hanging pretty low in her low-cut dress. She really needs a "lift", lol.

I have changed my worst dressed vote to Lena Dunham. I love floral prints but that one was atrocious. I'm amazed Prada would put out something that looked like that. It didn't seem to fit her well, either.

I discovered looking at the show that I must not watch much TV. Some of the shows and many of the people I had never heard of before. :eek:

I'm adding Sarah Hyland to that list. She looks great in that shade of green and I'm a sucker for lace.

She changed into a second green dress for the after party. I love it with the sequins.

Also show are Emma Roberts and Anna Camp who only hit the after party. From people dot com.

sarah-hyland-600x450_zpsa9863629.jpg

She changed into a second green dress for the after party. I love it with the sequins.

Also show are Emma Roberts and Anna Camp who only hit the after party. From people dot com.

sarah-hyland-600x450_zpsa9863629.jpg

I like the second green dress but the first green dress is my favorite. But I love anything with lace so I'm biased.

I don't watch TV (we cancelled ours almost two years ago) but I did look through the photos. EEEEK. I'm sorry, but the vast majority of those women obviously didn't look in the mirror after they got dressed. What on earth was Paula Abdul thinking with that metallic horror?

And then there is the subject of how badly the men's suits and tuxes fit.

I guess I'm just not in style!

I thought Connie Britton's dress looked like velvet brocade curtains that you see in old movie houses.

Claire Danes? When a girl doesn't have any "girls" at all, what's the point of having a plunging neckline?

Michelle Dockery's weird color combination didn't work. Orange and Cranberry works only for a drink, not a dress.

The see-through skirts just scream "I see your under pants" and don't remind me of fashion.

Heidi Klum? What the heck was that? It looked like the top was some kind of origami experiment gone wrong.

Sophia Vergara has a killer body, but she wears basically the same dress/different color, all the time.

Lena Dunham looked like she was 15 months pregnant with a buffalo. That dress was so HUGE.

Kerry Washington looked fantastic.

Cat Dealey looked like a hooker, or else had a date with Edward Scizzorhands. Where was the rest of her dress?

Carrie Underwood's dress looked too prom-like.

Julia Louis-Dreyfuss looked wonderful in the column dress.

I don't watch TV (we cancelled ours almost two years ago) but I did look through the photos. EEEEK. I'm sorry, but the vast majority of those women obviously didn't look in the mirror after they got dressed. What on earth was Paula Abdul thinking with that metallic horror?

And then there is the subject of how badly the men's suits and tuxes fit.

I guess I'm just not in style!

Hi Amy,:) you don't watch any tv? None at all?

Just Netflix and Amazon video. We buy seasons of TV shows that we like and honestly don't miss it a bit.

Oh...I could not say that....there are many programs I love and I would

definitely miss them. Sporting events too, which (for me) watching

them "live" is the only way to see them:D.....

I live alone and my tv is on all the time;)

Oh...I could not say that....there are many programs I love and I would

definitely miss them. Sporting events too, which (for me) watching

them "live" is the only way to see them:D.....

I live alone and my tv is on all the time;)

Hi Lois. You and I sound like two peas on a TV screen. I have to have my football, hockey and NCIS.

Archived