I have info on Celebrity's Luggage Valet Service

aeegee

This is great!!!!! :D We will be cruising and flying r/t FLL - so perfect. Our flight isn't until 4:45ish p.m. so we won't have carry our luggage around. We are also flying Southwest so no luggage. We have paid for early checkin to ensure we will be in the A group.

Thanks for the info.

Just remember that there has to be enough interest in Luggage Valet on your particular cruise. It is not a certainty, you hand in the paperwork and hope it happens! We have used this service 3 times now but did not find out until the last day afternoon if we were going to be able to use the service.

• 1 year later...

Just got off the phone with a Celebrity rep who could not answer my question which was whether a passenger in an Aqua Suite gets the luggage valet service complimentary. He said that "some categories of suites" get this service free, but he wasn't sure if Aqua Suite category was one of them and that I would have to inquire once onboard. Was hoping any of you had any info, given that the rep from Celebrity was clueless. Thanks.

Just got off the phone with a Celebrity rep who could not answer my question which was whether a passenger in an Aqua Suite gets the luggage valet service complimentary. He said that "some categories of suites" get this service free, but he wasn't sure if Aqua Suite category was one of them and that I would have to inquire once onboard. Was hoping any of you had any info, given that the rep from Celebrity was clueless. Thanks.

I was charged last November on Reflection when in the PH. I'm unaware of luggage valet being complimentary to any suite. Definitely not a perk of Aqua.

Maybe it is only to the Reflection Suite? This one already gets free minibar beverages internet etc. They seem to get it all so why not toss in the luggage valet too.

But I assume since it wasn't free for the Penthouse, the AquaSuites (only on Reflection till April when they reclassify as SkySuites) won't get it either as they are the lowest tier suites on the ship.

Just remember that there has to be enough interest in Luggage Valet on your particular cruise. It is not a certainty, you hand in the paperwork and hope it happens! We have used this service 3 times now but did not find out until the last day afternoon if we were going to be able to use the service.

Seems to me that most ships offer it in the caribbean, but for Constellation on her shorter 3-4-5 day itineraries from what I've read around here.

Just want to make sure....leaving in a few days

we cruise from Miami and fly from FLL on SW... at 12:15p.m. and usually get to print out our boarding pass 24 hrs before the flight, we paid extra for Early Bird boarding...usually group A

will the 12:15 flight out of FLL for POM cruise qualify for Luggae Valet?

will we forego our Early Bird ?

How early into our cruise will we know if we are accepted?

Thanks

(Originally posted on wrong thread...in case anyone sees it there)

Edited by hcat

>>> How early into our cruise will we know if we are accepted?

We've had two occasions where we were not accepted for the luggage valet. On both occasions we did not know it until after dinner the second night before the end of the cruise. This is when they either distribute the luggage valet documents (including luggage tags and boarding passes) or, if not in the valet program, the standard disembarkation group luggage tags.

Once we were told it was a random selection by TSA. The other time I think it was because we were on the waitlist for upgrade with frequent flyer upgrade coupons - I didn't know that at the time but later read that they won't approve it if you are on a waitlist for any reason.

Edited by Lsimon

Just want to make sure....leaving in a few days

we cruise from Miami and fly from FLL on SW... at 12:15p.m. and usually get to print out our boarding pass 24 hrs before the flight, we paid extra for Early Bird boarding...usually group A

will the 12:15 flight out of FLL for POM cruise qualify for Luggae Valet?

will we forego our Early Bird ?

How early into our cruise will we know if we are accepted?

Thanks

(Originally posted on wrong thread...in case anyone sees it there)

HCat - If you check out the .pdf attached to post #11 in this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2113863 there is a copy of the luggage valet form for arriving in FLL. If you are flying out of MIA your flight must be after 2:00 pm to be eligible (after 11:30 am if you are flying out of FLL).

If I recall correctly, the opposite is true when arriving POM. If you are flying out of FLL your flight must be after 2:00 pm to be eligible (after 11:30 am if you are flying out of MIA).

Thanks for the responses

.Hopes dashed...looks like we probably won't qualify...so we'll be walking off anyhow with our bags....glad we packed on the light side this time,,,of course we'll look into it...just in case!

makes sense they tell you a few days ahead if you qualify, so boarding passes can be printed the normal way if you do not,,..

when we got LV on Oasis (Fll port to Fll airport).... it was like hitting the lottery,,.getting off that ship was much easier with LV...walked off, cleared customs.. and hopped right into a shared van to the airport!..

Edited by hcat

He said that "some categories of suites" get this service free, but he wasn't sure if Aqua Suite category was one of them and that I would have to inquire once onboard.

I believe Zenith members get complimentary luggage valet.

I believe Zenith members get complimentary luggage valet.

Indeed they do:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-overview#captains_club_tier_zenith/captains-club/membership/captains-club-tier-zenith%3Fsubtab=true

I checked he Reflection Suite details, and it doesn't mention luggage valet as I surmised previously upthread it might.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-reflection#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-reflection/staterooms/stateroom-subtype-rf-rf

I was charged last November on Reflection when in the PH. I'm unaware of luggage valet being complimentary to any suite. Definitely not a perk of Aqua.

Maybe it is only to the Reflection Suite? This one already gets free minibar beverages internet etc. They seem to get it all so why not toss in the luggage valet too.

But I assume since it wasn't free for the Penthouse, the AquaSuites (only on Reflection till April when they reclassify as SkySuites) won't get it either as they are the lowest tier suites on the ship.

When I called and asked this rep the question, he put me on hold and I think he was asking someone what the deal was, since he was clueless. I suspect he just made up an answer since he really didn't know and couldn't find anyone else that knew. Thanks for your responses.

Edited by kiyoko

As long as the airline is leaving from the airport I posted it should work. Southwest leaves from FLL so that's good. You will provide all the info to Celebrity. Southwest is not covered if you are leaving from Miami.

That's a moot point. Southwest does not fly into/out of Miami.

• 1 month later...
HCat - If you check out the .pdf attached to post #11 in this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2113863 there is a copy of the luggage valet form for arriving in FLL. If you are flying out of MIA your flight must be after 2:00 pm to be eligible (after 11:30 am if you are flying out of FLL).

If I recall correctly, the opposite is true when arriving POM. If you are flying out of FLL your flight must be after 2:00 pm to be eligible (after 11:30 am if you are flying out of MIA).

Anyone have current info on times qualifying for Luggage Valet?

We sail into Miami and have a 1:50 flight out of FLL on Delta.

Here are some answers I just received from Steve when I called Celebrity about their Luggage Valet service. Some folks on another thread have raved about this service.

1. If you are leaving from Miami and the ship docks in FLL, it doesn't matter. You will tell Celebrity all your info on the forms you complete.

2. Baggage fees are charged to your on-board account.

3. Southwest is included when you leave from FLL, but not from Miami. I'll post the airlines further down.

4. You don't have to have gotten your flight through Choice Air or have a Celebrity transfer.

Flying from FLL, airlines available for Luggage Valet -

American

Delta

Jet Blue

United

Southwest

Flying from Miami -

American

Delta

Air Trans

United

US Air

Cost is $20 pp for 2 bags each.

You should go to Guest Relations during the cruise to let them know you would like to do the Luggage Valet. They will give you a form to complete with your flight info, number of bags, etc.

You will receive special baggage tags and your check in info in your stateroom.

You will put your luggage outside your cabin, with the special tags attached, the night before and it is checked through to your final destination.

Basically what "Steve" said was that "we" handle the whole luggage process for you.

You will still have to check in at the airport so any carry-ons would still be handled just like usual.

Celebrity sends your information electronically to the appropriate airlines and then in turn the airlines send the luggage tags and info. You will receive the tags, etc. in your stateroom, in enough time for you to put the tags on.

If there are other questions I would suggest calling Celebrity directly. These were questions that we and our CC group had.

By the way, I also heard that Southwest is no longer available through Choice Air, bummer. Steve said it ended abruptly.

I be darned how is old Steve doing haven't talked to him in a while hope everything is good I will have to drop by and visit some day:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off Reflection on Saturday in Miami. To qualify for FLL, your flight needed to be 2 pm or later. We had a 125 pm flight, so could not use it -- of course, Celebrity, in response to an earlier email, when I was planning my flights, had said Noon was the trigger time (which is actually the Miami airport trigger); same wrong info was also given by Celebrity to my travel agent.

Just got off Reflection on Saturday in Miami. To qualify for FLL, your flight needed to be 2 pm or later. We had a 125 pm flight, so could not use it -- of course, Celebrity, in response to an earlier email, when I was planning my flights, had said Noon was the trigger time (which is actually the Miami airport trigger); same wrong info was also given by Celebrity to my travel agent.

Thanks Jerry.

That's what I thought. :(

(We miss it by 10 minutes - unless, of course Delta changes the flight time again)