I have info on Celebrity's Luggage Valet Service

aeegee

Here are some answers I just received from Steve when I called Celebrity about their Luggage Valet service. Some folks on another thread have raved about this service.

1. If you are leaving from Miami and the ship docks in FLL, it doesn't matter. You will tell Celebrity all your info on the forms you complete.

2. Baggage fees are charged to your on-board account.

3. Southwest is included when you leave from FLL, but not from Miami. I'll post the airlines further down.

4. You don't have to have gotten your flight through Choice Air or have a Celebrity transfer.

Flying from FLL, airlines available for Luggage Valet -

American

Delta

Jet Blue

United

Southwest

Flying from Miami -

American

Delta

Air Trans

United

US Air

Cost is $20 pp for 2 bags each.

You should go to Guest Relations during the cruise to let them know you would like to do the Luggage Valet. They will give you a form to complete with your flight info, number of bags, etc.

You will receive special baggage tags and your check in info in your stateroom.

You will put your luggage outside your cabin, with the special tags attached, the night before and it is checked through to your final destination.

Basically what "Steve" said was that "we" handle the whole luggage process for you.

You will still have to check in at the airport so any carry-ons would still be handled just like usual.

Celebrity sends your information electronically to the appropriate airlines and then in turn the airlines send the luggage tags and info. You will receive the tags, etc. in your stateroom, in enough time for you to put the tags on.

If there are other questions I would suggest calling Celebrity directly. These were questions that we and our CC group had.

By the way, I also heard that Southwest is no longer available through Choice Air, bummer. Steve said it ended abruptly.

...Cost is $20 pp for 2 bags each.....

Of course this is Celebrity's cost and you will also be charged your airline's baggage fees on top of this. If for any reason you are exempt from your airline's normal baggage fees due to your flight class or frequent flyer status then discuss this with guest relations before you turn your form in to make sure they'll get the fees waived. Don't just presume you won't be charged.

Edited by Lsimon

We used this service when the Solstice docked in Seattle in May 2012. We flew out on a Southwest flight. There was a place on the paperwork where you can list your baggage fee exemption (FF status, credit card affiliation, flight class, etc.) I held my breath at out home airport waiting for our bags to show up but all went smoothly. A great convenience, and I'd definitely do it again.

Of course this is Celebrity's cost and you will also be charged your airline's baggage fees on top of this. If for any reason you are exempt from your airline's normal baggage fees due to your flight class or frequent flyer status then discuss this with guest relations before you turn your form in to make sure they'll get the fees waived. Don't just presume you won't be charged.

I used this service in Ft. Lauderdale and was not charged baggage fees (I don't have to pay them). My guess is this is taken care of with the airline when they print your boarding pass. I know that is what happens when I check in myself at an airport.

Aside from getting rid of your luggage, the valuable part of this is having a boarding pass. The Ft. Lauderdale airport won't let you get one until 3 hours before your flight because they don't have enough capacity for all the cruise passengers. Without a boarding pass, you can't clear security and escape to the peace and quiet of your airline's lounge.

This service is worth every penny of the $20/pp that Celebrity charges!

Does anyone know if this service is available out of San Juan?

Per Celebrity's site -

Luggage Valet* is a convenient service that helps make your return travels as carefree as your cruise. On the final night of your cruise, you'll receive debarkation instructions, airline boarding passes, luggage tags and baggage claim checks. Simply place your tagged bags outside your stateroom door and we'll do the rest. Your luggage will be taken care of so the next time you see it will be at your final destination airport's baggage claim.

*Available in select departure ports only (Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida; Seattle, Washington; San Diego, California; and Seward, Alaska) with select airlines only.

I guess my question now is if we are with Southwest and you are suppose to check in 24 hours ahead, do we still need to check in via the internet on the ship or are we just talking about a boarding pass that Celebrity will provide. Normally we would print out our boarding passes when we check in on-line with Southwest. Hmmm. Does someone know?

Yep, I know. When you get your Luggage Valet documents, the boarding pass will be right there. We got a B pass, which was fine because the flight was only two hours. Very convenient as you don't have to check in with SW and you will already have your boarding pass. Makes the last day of your cruise more relaxing.

We are flying in and out of FLL on Southwest, and cruising out of MIA. Would this work for us? Also, if you have 2 bags total for the both of us would the charge be $20 total or still $20 each? Thanks for any help.

We are flying in and out of FLL on Southwest, and cruising out of MIA. Would this work for us? Also, if you have 2 bags total for the both of us would the charge be $20 total or still $20 each? Thanks for any help.

As long as the airline is leaving from the airport I posted it should work. Southwest leaves from FLL so that's good. You will provide all the info to Celebrity. Southwest is not covered if you are leaving from Miami.

My understanding is that it is a flat rate of $20. It covers the paperwork and info that Celebrity sends to the airline and the info the airline sends back to Celebrity. Basically luggage administration fees. Don't forget if there are baggage fees per your airline (not Southwest) the fees will be charged to your on board account (Seapass).

Cost is $20 pp. you each get your own boarding pass and the southwest luggage fee is on top of that Celebrity fee, paid on your Seapass

No Southwest fee because they don't charge for 2 pieces of checked baggage per person. You will however, like stated above, have to pay for Celebrity's service, $20 pp.

As long as the airline is leaving from the airport I posted it should work. Southwest leaves from FLL so that's good. You will provide all the info to Celebrity. Southwest is not covered if you are leaving from Miami.

My understanding is that it is a flat rate of $20. It covers the paperwork and info that Celebrity sends to the airline and the info the airline sends back to Celebrity. Basically luggage administration fees. Don't forget if there are baggage fees per your airline (not Southwest) the fees will be charged to your on board account (Seapass).

Thank you!!! This is a great option for us.

Also to qualify to use the Celebrity Valet Program your flight must depart after 12 noon. 12:05pm works, 11:55am does not. If your flight is before noon Celebrity will not let you sign up for this great program.

I also believe your departing flight can be as late as 8pm to qualify for the Valet Program.

Great program!

This is great!!!!! :D We will be cruising and flying r/t FLL - so perfect. Our flight isn't until 4:45ish p.m. so we won't have carry our luggage around. We are also flying Southwest so no luggage. We have paid for early checkin to ensure we will be in the A group.

Thanks for the info.

Does anyone know if it works for the uk?

It would be best to get in touch with Celebrity to be sure. I know that as long as you are leaving from one of the eligible airports and on one of the eligible airlines it works, BUT there may be some issues with checking bags going out of the US, customs issues, etc.

This is great!!!!! :D We will be cruising and flying r/t FLL - so perfect. Our flight isn't until 4:45ish p.m. so we won't have carry our luggage around. We are also flying Southwest so no luggage. We have paid for early checkin to ensure we will be in the A group.

Thanks for the info.

Isn't it great that you won't have to carry luggage all over. You could go do something before your flight and not have to worry about your luggage. Just don't take a carry-on that is too big to lug around.

Just an FYI. I would call when your cruise gets closer just to make sure there are no changes. Things change all the time.