Let's help Princess build the (near) perfect ship

Oh2B@C

My wish list

Wrap around Promenade deck - must have

Access for passengers with hearing loss -

All TV shows and movies are closed captioned

At least one movie a week in the theater or MUTS with English subtitles

Flashing light emergency alert in the cabin

Static free listening systems in the theater and show lounge WITH LARGE SIGNS TELLING FOLK THEY ARE AVAILABLE

Standard Balcony Cabins with sofas

Cabins with interactive TV's that enable passengers to view folio, daily entertainment, passenger reservations, and daily menus

Pools similar to those on Grand Class.

More specialty restaurants (not crabshacks or overpriced fondue)

The dueling piano venue that was supposed to be on the Royal, but that got eliminated on the drawing board (probably to expensive to keep two piano players in one venue nightly, but a great idea that deserves follow up)

I love the aft poool area, a forward looking lounge and would like to see more seating options for wheelchairs and companion in the main theatre. Would like to see some mid shize ships like the old Regal with around 1,600 passengers. Cabins for singles would make a lot of sense.

Cabins for solo travelers and very minimal single supplement.

Wouldn't that just be heaven!!

Oceanview cabins.

I couldn't possibly care less about having bathtubs (hate 'em) or sofas, but for the love of all that's holy, GIVE US DECENT HAIRDRYERS!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear, I'd happily pay an extra $20 per cruise for a good ionic Conair nozzle dryer with hot and cool settings.

Wrap-around promenade deck.

At least four pools with lots of deck chairs.

A Starbucks.

I agree Annie, except I would make it a Coffee Bean shop.

I would also love to see all ships have the same Promenade deck that the Sapphire has which is wide enough to accommodate lounge chairs.:)

Solo cabins, or

a much lower single supplement fee.

A dedicated place for formal pictures. Using the Atrium area causes crowded conditions and is disruptive to the other passengers. Really, you have to walk around many people posing for pictures, without bothering them, just to get through the halls or up and down the stairs.

Better entertainment selections.

Oceanview cabins.

I couldn't possibly care less about having bathtubs (hate 'em) or sofas, but for the love of all that's holy, GIVE US DECENT HAIRDRYERS!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear, I'd happily pay an extra $20 per cruise for a good ionic Conair nozzle dryer with hot and cool settings.

Wrap-around promenade deck.

At least four pools with lots of deck chairs.

A Starbucks.

If not Starbucks, at least a decent cup of coffee! How about automatic coffee makers in the cabins and espresso machines in the suites? ;)

Cole

While I thoroughly endorse the notion of diversity in dining rooms, I would like to see them built as "alternative" dining rooms (like Alfredo's) instead of "specialty" dining rooms that charge a fee. Mexican and Chinese/Asian are the obvious choices. ...

There is a GOOD idea...

1.) Larger balconies with better and comfortable furniture

2.) Larger cabins....use the floor space from the closet area and put a small couch in OV, Balcony cabins...which other cruise lines offer on their ships

3.) More pool loungers in the shaded areas

4.) Wine packages available on ALL SHIPS guaranteed to be offered on longer cruises

5.) Central staircase

6.) Do not play MUTTS during the day if it has to be at the main pool...always too loud!

7.) Covered pool....on every NEW ship

Take the Celebrity Solstice class ship and its cabins, complete with its forward facing Sky Lounge, superb Oceanview Buffet, lido deck open & covered pools, the sundeck with its shady canopies and its magnificent centrally located dining room.

Add to this the Royal Princess Atrium and Piazza and the Grand class Explorers, club Fusion and Wheelhouse bars, and extra accessible cabins so that we can wait for last minute special offers before we need to book, as well as plenty of sailings from Southampton as we no longer fly.

The result would IMO produce the perfect on board cruise experience and it would not really matter about the ports of call.

My vote would be to just build more Island/Coral types. Of all the cruise lines and ships I've been on that is as close to a perfect ship that I've encountered. Although I do want to try a Celebrity Solstice Class ship one of these days.

Scott

My vote would be to just build more Island/Coral types. Of all the cruise lines and ships I've been on that is as close to a perfect ship that I've encountered. Although I do want to try a Celebrity Solstice Class ship one of these days.

Scott

Crystal Serenity was the most perfect ship I have been on (design wise).

I do like the Coral and Island Princess and think it is one of the best designs Princess has had in recent past. So disappointed Princess didn't exercise their option on two more ships that they had. RCCL has had great luck with their Radiance class which is pretty similar in size, etc...

My vote would be to just build more Island/Coral types. Of all the cruise lines and ships I've been on that is as close to a perfect ship that I've encountered.

Scott

Personally, I have never cared for the whole "bump out" design and the: "is my balcony covered, uncovered, half-covered, fully exposed to my neighbor above" conundrum that is so complex that it has taken a dedicated CC member years to create a website that clears this all up. Choosing a cabin shouldn't be so difficult. Love the space ratios and interior spaces. But the cabin placements is far from perfect IMHO. I prefer the way the Grand Class ships streamline the cabin placements. Minis all in one area with just E Deck having a few exceptions. Half-covered balconies all in one place. Covered balconies all on specific decks. Use that system with Coral/Island design features and then you'd have something.

Oh2B@C - LOVE your screen name! Very creative!

Very creative indeed! :)

Currently our two favorite ships are Island Princess and Sapphire Princess. I know I'm repeating some if the things others have already stated. I'd pay more the following things on a new ship.

1. Aft Sanctuary with dedicated pool and two jacuzzi's.

2. Covered Pool and jacuzzi's.

3. Open air pool and jacuzzi's with MUTS. I like the idea of movie under the stars. I don't like the idea of showing a concert during the day. I'd much rather have music from a live small band that reflects where we are sailing (we used to buy CD's from these bands).

4. Keep the Lotus Pool and jacuzzi's

5. Still offer Thermal Suites for a cost

6. Full Promenade Deck with nice teak loungers

7. Different styles in cabins. I like the idea of seeing a few Window Suites. I also think a few single cabins would be a good idea. Some cabins with larger showers without tubs would be nice. Cabins with larger balconies (some covered, some not). You get the idea... okay maybe this sounds like NCL, which I haven't traveled on, but their cabin selection options do interest us.

8. Comfortable balcony furniture (we don't care for the new furniture)

9. More extensive room service menu

10. Don't take away my pizza by the pool (love that stuff)

11. Keep the curved staircases in the atrium (very elegant)

12. Love the show On the Bayou on Island Princess.. I think all new ships should have stages with unique features for movement to add to the shows.

13. Improve anytime dining wait times. Also, we loved when the Sapphire Princess originally came out and the four different dining rooms had themed dining at no extra cost (not just one themed dish like today).

14. Would like to see a full drink package - we recently enjoyed them on Oceania and Windstar

15. It would be nice to see some sort of digital library where you could check out a kindle and they had enough licenses to go around for the digital library. They may need to strike a deal with publishers and authors.

16. In room on demand movies and syndicated shows.

17. DH said dedicated sports bar with more than one game on. ;) In his defense, he agreed with everything else I put.

Full wraparound promenade deck wide enough for loungers

Some single cabins with at least a porthole

Tiered aft public decks, also some open forward observation decks.

Topside forward observation lounge.

Buffet location aft with some covered outside seating

Places to sit inside but next to a window to see outside

Sit down made to order pizzeria

greater variety of ship name on board merchandise (polo shirt / t shirt etc)

Larger showers

Chair or small couch in all cabins

Crystal Serenity was the most perfect ship I have been on (design wise).

I do like the Coral and Island Princess and think it is one of the best designs Princess has had in recent past. So disappointed Princess didn't exercise their option on two more ships that they had. RCCL has had great luck with their Radiance class which is pretty similar in size, etc...

Both the Island Princess class and Radiance class ships are around 90,000 GRT but both companies elected to not exercise options to build two more each because of the changing economics of the cruise business. They are also the largest ships now afloat that can squeeze thru the current Panama Canal.

Both the Island Princess class and Radiance class ships are around 90,000 GRT but both companies elected to not exercise options to build two more each because of the changing economics of the cruise business. They are also the largest ships now afloat that can squeeze thru the current Panama Canal.

RCCL has 4 in their class: Radiance, Brilliance, Serenade and Jewel.

Princess has 2: Coral and Island.

OK....start with the Sapphire (nice wide promenade, 4 smaller dining rooms, one retractable roof pool) add the Royal's atrium and HC, then add the Ruby's aft top to bottom......keep the Dolphin deck balconies hiding the life boats and all the other balconies the same as Caribe deck (nice size,1/2 covered) all the way up to Lido.

Archived