LIVE from the Royal Princess - 30 days, Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale - 9/27 - 10/27

Pia1913

10341216236_684d88df7b.jpg

Good morning (0818 local time). Just sitting down to breakfast in Sabatini's. Great view for breakfast:). Another great day at sea aboard the Royal. Today I'll be heading to the gym. After thatI'm gonna start taking my ship pictures. Other than the two aforementioned items, will just play it by ear.

Regarding the wedding chapel question from earlier. There is a small baby grand (I guess that's what you call it) to the right when you walk into the room. There are 9 chairs on each side for a total of 18. There is a small desk with two chairs in the middle where the ceremony would take place.

Hope all are well.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks Bob.. look forward to seeing pics of your cabin. Curious to see if they resemble the Princess website pics...

CC

Good Friday morning and the beginning of another day at sea. Weather is supposed to again be sunny and in the 70’s. Can’t ask for much more.

I think from now on my posts will have to be quite brief. It is very difficult to use minutes and wade through 50 or more posts, most of which are discussing Bob’s pros and cons or having private discussions on whether or not to book or cancel a cruise. Bob has unlimited internet; I do not, and even he keeps his to a minimum. Some of you have taken this Live to a whole other realm and it’s become just a regular thread for haranguing, discussions, etc. This Live has been quite unlike the others and I almost want to agree with Vickie and Compozer about not doing them. Almost. I’m not there yet, simply because to me they are fun. That being said, here are a few things happening on board today.

A lecture by Jules Talarico; Whales-Gentle Giants of the Sea, marzipan fruit carvings and flower demos, “The Proposal” on MUTS, Texas Hold’Em tourny and Pub Lunch. That’s in the morning. We have our most traveled luncheon at noon.

Afternoon highlights are; The Birth of the Venetian Mask, lecture Titanic Survivor, a margarita demonstration, matinee movie in the theater “42”, Raiders of the Lost Ark on MUTS, and the acrobat jumping around again in the Piazza.

Evening brings Man of Steel to MUTS, a Brazilian Line Dance party in Vista and comedian Darrell Joyce in the theater.

Someone mentioned plumbing. We had two plumbing “occasions” and someone came almost immediately; less than 10 minutes each time. Then two nights ago we received a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and an apology note for our inconvenience. Nice gesture. Gave away the strawberries.

Wedding chapel is small; has regular chairs not benches. We attended a vow renewal there. And yes, it's attached to the concierge lounge (didn't even know there was one until we went to the chapel)

TV's have to be unplugged and restarted. That's what fixes them. Hint to those who still have a problem. Fortunately we are not one of them. Try removing your card from the door slot, making sure all electric outlets are turned off and then replace your card in the slot.

Off to breakfast.

Pia

Please don't stop..enjoying your posts,perspective vs. Bob, Pam etc. I 'd send you some Pepsi for the crossing if I could.:D Check the shops at Gibralter if you stop there...

CC

Just back from MTL lunch. Wonderful as always We sat with hotel manager. I has special order; chickan and baked potato. Surprise Surprise.

Curious Cat: No Gibraltar. Madeira tomorrow and then all sea days to FLL

Dave: I still love you and all that you have done. :)

Billco: Where are you? Haven't met you yet Or have I?

Donna: Thank you.

Just back from MTL lunch. Wonderful as always We sat with hotel manager. I has special order; chickan and baked potato. Surprise Surprise.

Curious Cat: No Gibraltar. Madeira tomorrow and then all sea days to FLL

Dave: I still love you and all that you have done. :)

Billco: Where are you? Haven't met you yet Or have I?

Donna: Thank you.

Enjoy Madeira.. one of my fav ports. And Gibralter was my least fav places in the world... no loss there..:p

Any feedback from the Hotel Manager on soot or any issues or just a pleasant complaint free lunch..

CC

hi there,

nice reading and glad you're having a great time. before I open a new thread for just one question I thought I might chime in here quick, I would like to know if access to the adult ,-retreat pool is free of charge.

and how did it work out in real life, over crowded noisy? thanks for your help and always happy cruising.

Berliner

I'm anxious to hear how the Royal will also change. Are any of y'all sailing on her maiden Caribbean voyage going to do a "Live" thread. I'd love to follow along :)

Not a Live From (I want to monologue, not dialogue when I'm using ship's Internet), but I'll be blogging, starting in about a week, at:

http://www.pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com

The laundry is taking forever not because of the 700 Elites..its because many cabins are sending extra bags of laundry. NOT THEIRS...Its the friends and family laundry package..:rolleyes:. Princess has to put a stop to this abuse...DO YOUR OWN LAUNDRY OR PAY FOR IT..CHEAPSKATES !!!!.

Our friends had to be moved their Carib stern cabin because of the soot problem..at least there was another cabin available..

Just a few observations...

Edited by RichNY

The laundry is taking forever not because of the 700 Elites..its because many cabins are sending extra bags of laundry. NOT THEIRS...Its the friends and family laundry package..:rolleyes:. Princess has to put a stop to this abuse...DO YOUR OWN LAUNDRY OR PAY FOR IT..CHEAPSKATES !!!!.

Our friends had to be moved their Carib stern cabin because of the soot problem..at least there was another cabin available..

Just a few observations...

Hi Rich

Don't know if u remember me... the Jewel TA? Howdy... retired and still in NY>>>?

and I would never think of or have my friends send their laundry with mine:eek:

CC aka Lauren and Ed

Hi Rich

Don't know if u remember me... the Jewel TA? Howdy... retired and still in NY>>>?

and I would never think of or have my friends send their laundry with mine:eek:

CC aka Lauren and Ed

Sure do remember you two...if I didn't see it myself I would not have believed it.

The laundry is taking forever not because of the 700 Elites..its because many cabins are sending extra bags of laundry. NOT THEIRS...Its the friends and family laundry package..:rolleyes:. Princess has to put a stop to this abuse...DO YOUR OWN LAUNDRY OR PAY FO IT..CHEAPSKATES

Oh Princess will stop the abuse the same way they stopped the internet abuse...by limiting how much laundry we can send out. Too bad a few will spoil it for all.

4. Live: regular trivia not there; just other games and power point stuff. Not easy w/o tables.

Princess Live will have several trivias and game shows.

So is Princess Live being used for trivia during the TA? How does it work out with fixed seats and no tables?

Hi there

Pics from Chefs table

bth_DSCN3276_zps4e1d944f.jpg

bth_DSCN3273_zps3b0c1683.jpg

bth_DSCN3272_zpsa296f92f.jpg

My advise is do the wine makers diner instead, while chefs table is nice,

Royal set up not as good as other ships, although the table and setting is amazing.

yours Shogun

Hopefully I don't jinx this, but been heads down with work but also things are going well and setting up nicely so I can head out on the cruise without any concerns and things. :D

Arriving in FLL on the Friday before the cruise, but heading to WDW in Orlando for 3 days and then back Monday, overnight with friends.

Iain & Scott! Enjoy your stay in MY town (Orlando). The Epcot Food & Wine Festival is in full swing right now and you two may enjoy that if you're into either/both of those headline items! Robyn and Reg are also going to visit WDW while they are here but I don't know yet which days. And they are planning to visit NASA (Cape Canaveral area) as well. A couple of really busy bees, huh? Have fun and I'll see you in the boarding area!