Panama Canal Cabin Selection?

MR NW GUY

It WAS fun to see all the things that were discussed and one could imagine what that place was like over 100 years ago.:eek:

Cheers!

If you like to see pictures of what is was like over a 100 years ago, then I have the book for you. The title is "The Panama Canal, The Invisible Wonder of the World" by Ron Armstrong. The book is one of the best collections photographs of Canal construction I have ever seen. The author traveled to West Point where he gathered photos for his book from the Col. Goethals collection of Canal construction photos that are housed there... some 45 volumes. I thought that I had seen just about every Canal construction photo that existed, (thought wrong on that one) almost all the photos in his book are ones I have never seen.

The book is available from his website for the ipad or in the printed edition... http://theinvisiblewonder.com/

Another book that maybe of interest is "Cruising The Panama Canal" by Richard Detrich. The book originally was published in a separate Northbound and Southbound editions, but he combined them into one book. Richard used to lecture on the Zuiderdam before he jumped ship for Princess. You can also find him frequently on the Panama Canal forum here on Cruise Critic under the name RichardinPanama. Book is available from Amazon.

That's a shame. "Path Between The Seas" gets better the farther you get. But, of course, history can be boring sometimes.:)

It WAS fun to see all the things that were discussed and one could imagine what that place was like over 100 years ago.:eek:

Cheers!

I got halfway through before I gave up. Too bad because I am fascinated by the canal and will be making our third visit in April.

That's a shame. "Path Between The Seas" gets better the farther you get. But, of course, history can be boring sometimes.:)

Cheers!

It was a great read. Glad I finished it! For those who are use to just reading magazines, they may have a hard time getting through the book.

It was a great read. Glad I finished it! For those who are use to just reading magazines, they may have a hard time getting through the book.

I am so glad you enjoyed the book. Was there really a need to insult those who didn't? I am afraid I don't understand why you felt the need to do that.

I am currently reading a book about a guy from the NW named Ted Bundy. It's fascinating. Maybe you enjoyed it and maybe you didn't. I would not presume to insult you if you didn't. :confused:

Cheers!

OK, you've convinced me to give it another try. :D

I am currently reading a book about a guy from the NW named Ted Bundy. It's fascinating. Maybe you enjoyed it and maybe you didn't. I would not presume to insult you if you didn't. :confused:

I read that book on our last cruise in April on the Maasdam and left it onboard. I found it a fast read and quite informative!

I read that book on our last cruise in April on the Maasdam and left it onboard. I found it a fast read and quite informative!

It's a book that makes you take a good look around you that's for sure. :eek:

OK, you've convinced me to give it another try. :D

For me, it was done in small (1 or 2 chapter) doses, not a continuous read like a novel.:) Enjoy.

I am currently reading a book about a guy from the NW named Ted Bundy. It's fascinating.

I will look for this book online because (alas) I am not aboard the Maasdam.;)

Author please sapper??

For me, it was done in small (1 or 2 chapter) doses, not a continuous read like a novel.:) Enjoy.

I will look for this book online because (alas) I am not aboard the Maasdam.;)

Author please sapper??

The one I left onboard was "The Stranger Beside Me" by Ann Rule

Just wondering what aft wrap around you booked?

Would you mind to share the cabin number and would you mind to do a review when you get back?

I am trying to convince dh to try it again so we are very interested

Thank you.:)

Just wondering what aft wrap around you booked?

Would you mind to share the cabin number and would you mind to do a review when you get back?

I am trying to convince dh to try it again so we are very interested

Thank you.:)

Not sure if you were asking me or the OP, in any case...we're in 5190 and will be happy to share info when we return. We've been in this exact stateroom on Westerdam, so we know what to expect with the room...but can't wait to experience the canal from that balcony.

Sent from my iPad

Not sure if you were asking me or the OP, in any case...we're in 5190 and will be happy to share info when we return. We've been in this exact stateroom on Westerdam, so we know what to expect with the room...but can't wait to experience the canal from that balcony.

Sent from my iPad

Hey Douglas,

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Cheers...

Sent from my iPad

Thanks Douglas :D I was actually asking the OP but it is so nice of you to share and looking forward to your comments. Have a great cruise:D

Archived