Carnival out of NJ

JerseyshoreBruce

The cruise terminal in Bayonne is owned by Royal Caribbean. Only Royal, Celebrity and Azamara ships sail from there.

I don't believe there are other cruise terminals in New Jersey.

Why doesn't Carnival cruise out of NJ? Are there anyother options besides Bayonne? Even by Cape May there must be some port that could hold a large cruiseship.

I was just looking and the cruises from NY are so cheap 8 days from $299 with NJ resident rate.A little over $500 for balconies on some cruises

Can you do spring break ? Their is a lot in March for cheap too

My wife can't get off then....i paid the high price...just wish there were more local options.....its still cheaper to cruise out of NY with Carnival then to use one of the other cruiselines for a small leap in quality. So i guess i should top crying...lol

My wife can't get off then....i paid the high price...just wish there were more local options.....its still cheaper to cruise out of NY with Carnival then to use one of the other cruiselines for a small leap in quality. So i guess i should top crying...lol

How awesome would it be to have a port in AC :)

People could fly right into ACY and be in the city in 15 minutes

We drove to Charleston, SC from Delaware a few years ago. Fantasy sails year round from Charleston and the ship is very nice.

How awesome would it be to have a port in AC :)

People could fly right into ACY and be in the city in 15 minutes

Atlantic City or Cape May would be great. Flying with lots of luggage is just getting crazy price wise......the 5 day cruise i just did we took one checked bag and 2 carryons to make it more affordable.

Im looking for something in the summer so my kids can go......NY is so expensive :( Im booked for 8/12/2014 but wish they had Florida prices!

Summer is PRIME time when sailing out of the northeast. The prices do drop somewhat the last two weeks of August.

I don't see Cape May as a viable option because it's too far from an airport. Philly is 90 miles away and ACY is 45 miles away. Couple that with weekend shore traffic and it looks inconvenient.

There was a cruise terminal in Philly, but it closed because they couldn't attract enough cruises to make it viable at a time when NYC and Baltimore were expanding. I imagine they would reopen it if they could attract a cruise line(s) willing to make significant committments.

Besides the Cape Liberty Cruiseport owned by Royal Caribbean there are no other facilities along the coast of New Jersey capable of handling any cruise ships. In reference to the Cape May and Atlantic City areas, the water levels are too shallow for cruise ships to navigate safely. I've also read that the Cape May area also doesn't have the logistical capabilities to handle the support of large cruise ships. It would be an extremely big gamble for any cruise ship company to spend the capital to make it a successful venture. I've traveled to Florida during the summer and have found decent prices on cruises from various lines even when considering the price of air transportation.

Atlantic City or Cape May would be great. Flying with lots of luggage is just getting crazy price wise......the 5 day cruise i just did we took one checked bag and 2 carryons to make it more affordable.

We did that as well our cruise a few weeks ago except our carry on was our backpacks(personal item)which are free(for now). Spirit is crazy with fees ,usually it costs almost as much as our cruise with bag fees and picking our seats

I wish they would at least re-open the Philly terminal. Philly has an airport. If not that, bring another ship or two to NYC or keep one in Baltimore. I live in Jersey, on the shore too, and would love a couple more options within driving distance. Maybe it would cut down on the prices for the summer months.

While I can not give any "official" information. I CAN say that there is ongoing exploratory research and planning currently going into the possibility of building a 2-ship cruise port in the North end of Atlantic City. So obviously it's not something that would appear overnight, but it IS something that while costing incredible amounts to create, in the long term, would bring in even more. :)

While I can not give any "official" information. I CAN say that there is ongoing exploratory research and planning currently going into the possibility of building a 2-ship cruise port in the North end of Atlantic City. So obviously it's not something that would appear overnight, but it IS something that while costing incredible amounts to create, in the long term, would bring in even more. :)

I did think I read or saw something on TV about a terminal near the Revel I think ?

We did that as well our cruise a few weeks ago except our carry on was our backpacks(personal item)which are free(for now). Spirit is crazy with fees ,usually it costs almost as much as our cruise with bag fees and picking our seats

A year ago Spirit Airlines cost 5 of us 700.00 extra in luggage fees.....I will never fly Spirit Airlines again. That's roundtrip luggage fees :eek:

Where on the shore are you Bruce? We have a house on LBI. We sailed from Baltimore once and it was awesome. Very easy. Depending on the week, the prices were comparable to NYC.

Point Pleasant Beach area! Yes I was considering Baltimore.....how nice is the Pride? Does it seem overcrowded? Long lines?

A year ago Spirit Airlines cost 5 of us 700.00 extra in luggage fees.....I will never fly Spirit Airlines again. That's roundtrip luggage fees :eek:

Spirit is one of those things :)

We have learned to pack lighter and do laundry if we need to and pack our backpacks to carry on for free

For us the 15 minute taxi ride to ACY is better for us than to drive to Philly and pay to park for the week and worry about driving home after a nice vacation

Did you have the $9 club sometimes it makes flights a little cheaper

I live not too far from AC/Cape May and I can't imagine trying to drive there in the summer or during the big tourist seasons. I'd much rather drive to Baltimore or take the bus/train to New York.

The Baltimore prices are also inflated because it will be the Pride's last summer here, until CCL says otherwise.

Point Pleasant Beach area! Yes I was considering Baltimore.....how nice is the Pride? Does it seem overcrowded? Long lines?

We loved the Pride. The layout of the ship is identical to the miracle. Great size, and it had a great crew when we sailed her.

Archived