From Fort Lauderdale Hotel (not on SAS list) to Port of Miami

cibumcupio

We're staying at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel for several days before our cruise in January that leaves from the Port of Miami. I've been on this board looking for ways to get from our hotel to the port, but it seems like all of the good shuttle services (SAS, QLS, goshuttle) pick up only from the FLL airport or from nearby hotels, of which our hotel is not on the list.

In that case, what is the cheapest way to get from our hotel to Port of Miami? We are two people. I heard taxi is around $80 for that trip. I've thought about taking a taxi from our hotel to the FLL airport (they say about $20-25), then taking one of these shuttles, which will come out to $55 total for that trip. But is there a better way?

Also you might try contacting Jiffy Jeff...great recommendations from recent travelers.

Many of those recent recommendations were first time posters -- I wonder how authentic those reviews are, or is "Jeff" creating accounts and posting his own reviews? :confused:

We just got back and used MJS. Great service! Kept in contact as to status, picked us up from Ft at. Laud. Hotel and took us to POM.

After cruise scheduled to pick us up and take back to hotel. Debarkation was slow and we were in contact every few minutes of status. He was waiting for us and assured us he would not go without us, even though it took an hour getting through customs.

Definitely will use them again. Only $13 pp each way.

Many of those recent recommendations were first time posters -- I wonder how authentic those reviews are, or is "Jeff" creating accounts and posting his own reviews? :confused:

I've used Jiffy Jeff and will be using them again in November. They have nice, clean vehicles and provided excellent service.

QLS will give you a price even if you are not within that airport hotel range. Just request the quote online. We are staying at the Marriott Beach Harbor while my sister and BIL will are at the Westin Beach. We got a quote of $130 including tip for a private sedan to pick up all four of us with a drop off at the Port of Miami.

More money than one taxi but much more comfortable and, after seeing the condition of many of the taxis, I can guarantee it will be way cleaner.

Sheal

We're staying at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel for several days before our cruise in January that leaves from the Port of Miami. I've been on this board looking for ways to get from our hotel to the port, but it seems like all of the good shuttle services (SAS, QLS, goshuttle) pick up only from the FLL airport or from nearby hotels, of which our hotel is not on the list.

In that case, what is the cheapest way to get from our hotel to Port of Miami? We are two people. I heard taxi is around $80 for that trip. I've thought about taking a taxi from our hotel to the FLL airport (they say about $20-25), then taking one of these shuttles, which will come out to $55 total for that trip. But is there a better way?

Your hotel doesn't have a shuttle? I think they do. See how much the driver would charge you.

Are you leaving on a Saturday or Sunday? If so take the Sun Trolley to one of the 17th Street hotels. It is cheap but you must handle your own luggage.

Thanks everyone; lots of responses here. I called Jiffy Jeff ($20 pp) and MJS ($30pp), and while they both do pick up from my hotel, they don't leave until 12PM or later, which is not what we'd prefer. I would love to get onto the ship as soon as possible. They said it would be about an hour from pick up to the Port of Miami, and then with the time it takes to embark, we probably wouldn't get on until way past lunchtime. My husband doesn't like the thought of that.

Also called my hotel and they don't have any recommendations for me. They contacted Go Airport shuttle for me and they said they don't do pick ups from my hotel.

The taxi-ing to another hotel on their list sounds interesting. The shuttle services are fine with that, right?

Also BlueHerons, how does the trolley work? How often does it come?

Thanks everyone; lots of responses here. I called Jiffy Jeff ($20 pp) and MJS ($30pp), and while they both do pick up from my hotel, they don't leave until 12PM or later, which is not what we'd prefer. I would love to get onto the ship as soon as possible. They said it would be about an hour from pick up to the Port of Miami, and then with the time it takes to embark, we probably wouldn't get on until way past lunchtime. My husband doesn't like the thought of that.

Also called my hotel and they don't have any recommendations for me. They contacted Go Airport shuttle for me and they said they don't do pick ups from my hotel.

The taxi-ing to another hotel on their list sounds interesting. The shuttle services are fine with that, right?

Please try QLS. They start their shuttles at 10am. I booked them for my November 2012 cruise and they were great. They picked me up at my hotel (LaQuinta Airport, not sure where that is from your hotel). We ended up with booking a limo through them instead of the shuttle but I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again for either service, private or shared.

Edited by girlscruise2011

Please try QLS. They start their shuttles at 10am. I booked them for my November 2012 cruise and they were great. They picked me up at my hotel (LaQuinta Airport, not sure where that is from your hotel). We ended up with booking a limo through them instead of the shuttle but I wouldn't hesitate to book with them again for either service, private or shared.

I called them as well and they said that they don't do shuttle pickups for our hotel. So no Sheraton Beach hotel. How much is the private service with them?

The trolley on Saturday and Sunday goes to the airport and from there you could pick up SAS or another service you want.

During the week, you could take the trolley to one of the hotels that SAS will pick up from.

You just flag the trolley down and it stops. There aren't designated stops.

It is a city run service.

The trolley on Saturday and Sunday goes to the airport and from there you could pick up SAS or another service you want.

During the week, you could take the trolley to one of the hotels that SAS will pick up from.

You just flag the trolley down and it stops. There aren't designated stops.

It is a city run service.

Check out their website: http://www.suntrolley.com for more info.

I called them as well and they said that they don't do shuttle pickups for our hotel. So no Sheraton Beach hotel. How much is the private service with them?

We are paying QLS $130 for a private sedan but that is with two stops. Westin Beach Resort and then us at the Marriott Harbor. I would imagine it would be about $110 for one stop. This is more than you were probably looking to spend if it is just the two of you but the trip is non-stop to the port.

Sheal

We are paying QLS $130 for a private sedan but that is with two stops. Westin Beach Resort and then us at the Marriott Harbor. I would imagine it would be about $110 for one stop. This is more than you were probably looking to spend if it is just the two of you but the trip is non-stop to the port.

Sheal

Isn't a cab only about $70-$80? And if it is a private sedan, why is it making stops? I don't understand.

Isn't a cab only about $70-$80? And if it is a private sedan, why is it making stops? I don't understand.

When I said stops, I meant the stops to gather us together. My sister did not want to pay the money to stay at the Marriott Harbor for just one night (we are there two nights). So she chose the Westin Beach instead. She will be picked up first and then we are the second stop then onto the port. We wanted to ride down to the port together, otherwise we would each have just grabbed a cab.

Sheal

Edited by Sheal

Take a cab-- about $80-$85 and you don't have all the hassle of waiting for a shuttle, or going to the Fort Lauderdale Airport, etc.

We're in the same situation--staying at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street and want to get to Miami early-- a little more $$, but we go on our schedule.

The shuttles work for alot of people but you're restricted.

At the time I paid $125 including tip for their 6 passenger limo. The limo was very nice. Clean. The driver arrived about 15 mins early. We were celebrating my kids 18th birthday and it was nice to arrive to the port in style :D

When I said stops, I meant the stops to gather us together. My sister did not want to pay the money to stay at the Marriott Harbor for just one night (we are there two nights). So she chose the Westin Beach instead. She will be picked up first and then we are the second stop then onto the port. We wanted to ride down to the port together, otherwise we would each have just grabbed a cab.

Sheal

A cab will do this exact same thing for you.

Although I admit I prefer a car service in NYC to a cab getting to and from the airport, they are only a few dollars more than a cab.

Blue Heron,

If you had seen the cab we were in this past January you would have cringed. I will admit it was not a yellow cab, just one in the cab line at the port. The guy started to take off with one of my girls waiting to get in.

I felt we would have more room with the sedan and get the chance to discuss where we would go first as it is our first time on the Reflection.

I did call yellow cab prior to booking but the rep said I would have to discuss it with the driver, she could not give me a price, not even a guestimate.

Sheal

Edited by Sheal

Blue Heron,

If you had seen the cab we were in this past January you would have cringed. I will admit it was not a yellow cab, just one in the cab line at the port. The guy started to take off with one of my girls waiting to get in.

I felt we would have more room with the sedan and get the chance to discuss where we would go first as it is our first time on the Reflection.

I did call yellow cab prior to booking but the rep said I would have to discuss it with the driver, she could not give me a price, not even a guestimate.

Sheal

Yes, the cabs can be pretty nasty.

Have a great trip!

• 2 months later...

Just booked Larry's Limo for $84, including tip. I'm very happy, because I think a taxi would have been about the same, or more. In the end, we were deciding on taxi to shuttle vs the shuttle from our hotel at 12pm vs just a taxi. But taxi to shuttle would have been complicated, and not that cheap. And the shuttle at 12pm is later than we would like to get there. Thanks to everyone who gave me suggestions. We can't wait; only about a month away!