What is the story (if any) behind your "handle"

popcan

RedneckBob

Very Simple

1. My first name is Bob

2. I was born and raised in Alabama

3. Our family tree dont fork

4. Wait for it; My first cruise with my DW, Thelma, was when we cruised around the parking lot of Dairy Queen :D !

No further explainin to do

We own an 1884 Victorian. So my name is pretty obvious.

Although we love the ol' girl, we are only the third owners of the home and she needs a ton of work. The first owner died a spinster at the age of 94 (we think in the house!) and wallpapered everything sometime around the 1950s. The second owner was a "mature" woman who thought she was doing stuff but just added more wallpaper. I am a former curator and my husband is a carpenter so the wallpaper comes down and the house is being properly restored. We're almost 9 years in and we've almost finished the first floor and completely restored the gardens. (Grey Gardens had nothing on this house.)

That uninteresting story explains why my travel to-do list is too long - short on funds!

When I was in high school, a young man that I had a crush on, compared me to a "Rose.........With Thorns." I didn't know if I should be flattered (He said I was a rose! He must think I'm pretty, or at least smell nice), or offended (Thorns? Thorns are not nice, is he saying I'm not nice). I remembered that when coming up with a user name for ebay; Rose-thorn, and I added the 40 because that's how old I was when I first started using ebay. I made it Rosethorn40 for CC because it would be easy to remember.

I last saw 40 about 14 years ago :(

Love your story! As another poster mentioned it also brought tears to my eyes..

DH asked today if I wanted to get a Puppy when she goes over the "Rainbow Bridge"? It's only making me sad to think about it.. But after reading your story perhaps an older Pup would be the answer..

Just finished reading this entire thread & enjoyed all the fascinating stories..

Goodnight all, my little one just came to tell me it's time to take her out & put her to bed..

Hoping your sweet one had a nice night.

Guinnesshalfpint is for my puppy. My original Guinness was a Red Devil of an Irish Terrier. Years later I adopted a smaller sweet apricot poodle terrier mix. When he passed, I was devastated and longing for another ginger lad. I was able to find a welsh terrier puppy with a breeder. He was half the size of Guinness and a Black and Tan, so he became guinnesshalfpint. Loki would be a better name since he is mischievous beyond belief. If I had the chance to do it again I would choose an older dog...He wears me out!

ImageUploadedByForums1442972829.217172.jpg.93955914c0faf0a84920274574e99959.jpg

Edited by guinnesshalfpint

My brother Phillip, 2 years and 364 days younger than I, came up with "Old Bluff" in our late teens. My first name "Cliff" easily morphed into "Bluff" and our 3 year difference then probably made me old in his eyes.

In 1976, he spray painted "Old Bluff" on the side of my bright orange '63 VW Microbus. The following year I drove it from Bloomington, Indiana to Fort Collins, Colorado, where it ended its days up on blocks in a friend's backyard.

Sadly, Phil died in 1984 from a construction accident. The humorous moniker Old Bluff took on more meaning after that.

Don't think I ever saw this thread in the past...

Somewhat simple name for me: when I first discovered 'The Internet' back in 1994 or so, I signed up for AOL, needed a name, and back when I didn't realize you were supposed to pick 'cool' names, I tried my own first name and initial and found it was already taken - a few other attempts to use my name failed, and then my black labrador retriever named 'Zachary' came up to me, and I called him by my familiar name for him: Zackiedog...and that sprung into my head as an easy one to remember. Wouldn't you know it...someone already had that name too! Then I figured I'd go with the more 'slang' style spelling D A W G, and it worked...so I had my first e-mail and AOL name. Every time I signed up to a message board, I'd register with my e-mail address and just to keep things simple, used the same user name. It's stuck ever since then - hard to change once you've become 'known' by a certain name...so I've kept it ever since. Rarely use that AOL e-mail anymore, my beloved labrador has long since passed away, but the name has stuck!

• 2 months later...

My handle is my name Tom, then the daily web site worldwidewaftage my DW started writing in March of 2012.

As we started to prepare for selling everything. No home base, no storage and travel the world renting vacation homes.

We have been traveling for over 3 years, and 11 cruises. We are booked out to Oct. 31, 2017, including 8 more cruises already booked.

We will be adding more bookings as time goes on.

http://www.worldwidewaftage.com

And here I thought you enjoyed an occasional can of sodapop!

I guess anyone could figure out where mine came from. I signed onto TripAdvisor last year for our Antarctica expedition as Victoriann, and I wasn't allowed - I had to have a number or something, so they suggested the "o" should be "0".

I was thinking more beer...!