OBC and Upgrading

Hi All

I have been an avid reader of the forums for some time but cant really seem to get my head around the American cruisers. They seem to have so much more flexibility with getting cabin upgrades and OBC's. I have not been able to access any of the "perks" when booking through our Aussie TA's.

Can anyone give me any tips on how I can get a better deal?

Regards

Jay

Hi All

I have been an avid reader of the forums for some time but cant really seem to get my head around the American cruisers. They seem to have so much more flexibility with getting cabin upgrades and OBC's. I have not been able to access any of the "perks" when booking through our Aussie TA's.

Regards

Jay

Find a US agent that accept your booking. However, of late I have noticed that the cruises are actually cheaper in Oz. I think were the difference comes in, is last minute cruises that are not Australian based are sold at cheaper prices and we can't seem to get those same prices without using a US agent.

Hi All

Can anyone give me any tips on how I can get a better deal? RegardsJay

The trick is to find a REAL travel agent, not a booking bunny..

If your agent simply punches the keys you might as well do it yourself.

A real TA wants your business and will chase all the deals he/she can.

If they are clued up ,they know you will get hooked on cruising and will be wanting to book again.

A good TA will look after you.:)

The problem is finding one.:rolleyes:

The trick is to find a REAL travel agent, not a booking bunny..

If your agent simply punches the keys you might as well do it yourself.

A real TA wants your business and will chase all the deals he/she can.

If they are clued up ,they know you will get hooked on cruising and will be wanting to book again.

A good TA will look after you.:)

The problem is finding one.:rolleyes:

David you are soooooooo right.......... but wait there's a good one on the way.............

Come 1st April they can have me and trust me i know cruising and i know how to treat clients....no booking bunny here...back in business after a long hiatus i am flying solo in a large group and yes I will have all the deals...so until then.....oooops thats not advertising is it coz i didn't mention the name:p:D:D..cheers Shiona

ps: think i'm going to get in trouble :D

Hi All

Regards

Jay

With our last booking of five cruises we just dropped it in the agent's lap - she didn't have to do any work for it. I negotiated a good price then asked for a bit of OBC which she agreed to. When we got on board we found she had organised a bottle of wine for us. Nice touch.

You have to ask, nicely and politely of course. Also keep in mind that a TA can't give you a rock-bottom price as well as OBC. They only have just so much margin to work with.:)

Archived