Parc Guell to La Sagrada Familia

crusinpeg

We plan on visiting the park first and then go to La Sagrada...does anyone know the best way to get from the park to the church and how long it would take.(I figure a taxi would probably be the "best" but I'm looking for a more economic alternative)....also is it walkable?

Parc Guell is not an easy place to get to or from by metro. The nearest station is about 15 minutes walk away. Then to get to SF you will need to change. There are buses that go to the park but, unfortunately, none of them goes to SF.

You could walk - it is about 1 ½ miles. Personally I would get a taxi which would probably not cost more than about 8 euros and would take about 10 minutes.

I am planning on the same thing and based on my research you can take the number 116 bus from the main entrance to the park and transfer to the number 55 getting off near Provenca or Rosselo St and then walk a few blocks. Check your map for the accurate spelling.

I found you get get anywhere with the bus and even bus 24 takes you to the upper part of the park near Carmel so you can save all the uphill walking from the metro and then walk downwards to the main entrance

I am planning on the same thing and based on my research you can take the number 116 bus from the main entrance to the park and transfer to the number 55 getting off near Provenca or Rosselo St and then walk a few blocks. Check your map for the accurate spelling.

I found you get get anywhere with the bus and even bus 24 takes you to the upper part of the park near Carmel so you can save all the uphill walking from the metro and then walk downwards to the main entrance

Having to take 2 buses (especially in a strange city) just to save a couple of euros. To me that is not worth it.

Also OP is going from the park to SF so there is no uphill walk from the metro.

Edited by RollieUK

Having to take 2 buses (especially in a strange city) just to save a couple of euros. To me that is not worth it.

Also OP is going from the park to SF so there is no uphill walk from the metro.

I never mentioned anything about money. For me part of seeing a new city is travelling by bus and seeing the sights from above. Using the metro you see nothing. You could be in New York for all its worth. I have done this in many cities in the US and Europe and always managed easily. I will be there in November and that is my plan. The same thing for New Orleans at the end of my cruise

Since the OP also has to get to the park, I offered the advice that I was given, that is to start from the top and work you way downwards

I will be on a TA later this month. In my research I found that Park Guell now will have timed tickets. You will need to factor this into the time it takes to get there.

According to their website this does not go into effect until Oct. 25th

• 2 weeks later...

You can take the Metro. We purchased one ten trip ticket and were able to get all over Barcelona. If I remember correctly the ticket can be used on the Metro and the bus. Both of us used the same ticket and saved a lot of money.

Marion

You can take the Metro. We purchased one ten trip ticket and were able to get all over Barcelona. If I remember correctly the ticket can be used on the Metro and the bus. Both of us used the same ticket and saved a lot of money.

Marion

Although I agree the T10 ticket is great, as I said above metro is really not practical from Parc Guell to Sagrada Familia.

You have a 15 minute walk to the station and then have to change trains.

IMHO by the time you have walked to the station you might as well walk all the way.

I still maintain that, for the sake of a few euros, the best way to get from one to the other is a taxi.

I was told on another site...trip- .com that you can take the # 92 bus. It will be better then the metro.

That bus goes to Parc Guell but it does not go to Sagrada Familia. There is no bus that goes between the two places. The choices are metro with a long walk and change of trains, a taxi or walk.

The hop off hop on bus goes to both sites.

That is ok if going from Sagrada Familia to Parc Guell but going from the park to Sagrada Familia you need to travel 14 stops on Barcelona City Tours and 11 stops on Bus Turistic. That would take a long time.

Edited by RollieUK

We plan on visiting the park first and then go to La Sagrada...does anyone know the best way to get from the park to the church and how long it would take....also is it walkable?

Will you have a timed ticket to La Sagrada? If not, I would visit the church first. The lines can be terrible.

We visited both this summer. From Sagrada Familia to Parc Guell we did it by metro and walking. Never again!! It was very difficult to find and whilst I speak some Spanish I had to keep asking directions which wasn't easy. We got a cab back for 10 euros. There are loads of cabs so I would strongly suggest using them. They are metered so pricing straight forward. Enjoy

There is a city bus, I think #19, that goes from Cataluna to Gruell. It leaves you off at the top and its an easy walk down.

I don't know whether the new admissions charge effects that entrance. We found the 10 trip ticket worked fine- you must buy it at the metro.

There is a city bus, I think #19, that goes from Cataluna to Gruell. It leaves you off at the top and its an easy walk down.

I don't know whether the new admissions charge effects that entrance. We found the 10 trip ticket worked fine- you must buy it at the metro.

The OP is wanting to go from Parc Guell to Sagrada Familia so this bus from Placa Catalunya will not help