2013 Constellation 62 Night Odyssey

C 2 C

Thank you for your updates Arno. Seems that Connie has undergone quite a few changes, since we last sailed on her earlier this year. I hope we'll recognize her, when we sail on her again. We are hoping to book one of the 4 or 5 night sailings this season. I will figure it out, when we return home from Eclipse.

Have a wonderful journey !

I'm on a 4-night, Andy. Would love to meet you in person. Then I move to a 3-night on the Century, when it was offered for a great price. I bet both of them will be Tuesday specials in a few months!

I am hoping for the Eclipse on a last minute special; would live to cruise with Perry again!

You have a wonderful journey, too.

And to Arno (and Joanne), it's great to hear about your adventures. So glad to hear that you're enjoying the MDR, which has always been a highlight for us of every =X= cruise.

Have you noticed if there are any kippers for breakfast?

I'm on a 4-night, Andy. Would love to meet you in person. Then I move to a 3-night on the Century, when it was offered for a great price. I bet both of them will be Tuesday specials in a few months!

I am hoping for the Eclipse on a last minute special; would live to cruise with Perry again!

You have a wonderful journey, too.

Hi May !

We hope to be on the 3 night Century sailing (I presume you are on the Feb 12th sailing from Ft Lauderdale) so I look forward to meeting you then. As there will probably not be a Meet & Mingle on the 3 night sailing, please email me when the sailing gets closer, and we will make arrangements to meet onboard.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi May !

We hope to be on the 3 night Century sailing (I presume you are on the Feb 12th sailing from Ft Lauderdale) so I look forward to meeting you then. As there will probably not be a Meet & Mingle on the 3 night sailing, please email me when the sailing gets closer, and we will make arrangements to meet onboard.

Andy, we don't have any sea days on the 3-night, so it would be tough to organize something. Best bet would be sailaway after muster drill.

Hi Arno

We will be joining you in Rome for the TA and would like to play mahjongg (American) on the sea days. Would it be possible for you to check to see if there are any sets in the game room? I know some ships have them but not all.

Thanks and I hope you continue to enjoy your stay on the Constellation.

Janet

Hi May !

Andy, and Happy Cruiser,

I'm on the March 3rd three-day! Wish I could be with you both.

--May

November 12: Istanbul to Rome

Master: Tasos Kafetzis

HD: Marcela Salum from Argentina

CD: JC from England

Chief Engineer: Emmanuel Archontakis

Staff Captain: Christos Trifyllis

GRM: Ovidiu Herman from Romania

F&B: Eve De Nies

Executive Chef: Stephen Jondeau

CC host: Lionel (leaving in Rome) Marlene from Panama will be hostess for the crossing.

We have yet to meet the maitre’d... but he was introduced last night with the formal goodbye: Lazo

Party Band: Carousel

Strings: Fiore Trio

Jazz Quartet: Fade to Blue.

Dance Duo: TNT (Popular Music for dancing)

Guitar: John Winters

Guitar: Cesar Paucar

Guest entertainers have been very good to excellent.

Ephesus, Bodrum, Marmaris, Rhodes, Santorini have all been spectacular ports with outstanding weather in all stops. After visiting each port we reboard the ship for lunch and a glass of wine. We then return to our “stateroom” where I sit in the hot tub on our balcony enjoying the view. I enjoy staring at these landscapes and seascapes from the ship as much as touring the streets. Let’s say we’d as soon see the “forest” than the individual trees. Rhodes however will always be one of our favorite walking ports.

There are over 400 passengers (varies by the source) continuing on the Transatlantic to FLL. Although I could not get a definite answer, we will probably have drink vouchers rather than a designated lounge on the TA, with expected elites and suite guests close to 500.

Arno, thanks for the updates. Sounds like you're really enjoying this cruise.

So far, only one negative experience to editorialize:

Captain’s Club Celebration:

Several years ago this afternoon event provided a party like atmosphere with a drinks menu, wonderful food stations offering crepes, sushi, fruit and roast beef on a bun.. an event for which we would skip lunch. During the event, the orchestra, string trio, a cappella and cast singers would offer entertainment and the dance floor would then be open as the orchestra played on. If large numbers of CC members were on board, the event would be split into two afternoon sessions.

On our Black Sea Cruise, the CC Celebration was held in the theatre on day two, a sea day. The 7 member orchestra played and entertainment was provided by the cast as well as by TNT, a singing duo. This sailing the orchestra was reduced to three members and the string trio provided the entertainment. Beverage was restricted to wine, sparkling wine and sangria, handed out as passengers were seated. Food consisted of an offering of deviled egg and shrimp in a glass. Dress code for the event has been changed from smart casual to casual

I don’t know if these changes are being introduced across the fleet but I no longer see the need to interrupt my day for a glass of bubbly and brief entertainment offered daily in other venues. At what point does a “celebration” become a non-event? It would make more sense to cancel this event and combine it with the senior officers party.

Several years ago this afternoon event provided a party like atmosphere with a drinks menu, wonderful food stations offering crepes, sushi, fruit and roast beef on a bun.. an event for which we would skip lunch. During the event, the orchestra, string trio, a cappella and cast singers would offer entertainment and the dance floor would then be open as the orchestra played on. If large numbers of CC members were on board, the event would be split into two afternoon sessions.

On our Black Sea Cruise, the CC Celebration was held in the theatre on day two, a sea day. The 7 member orchestra played and entertainment was provided by the cast as well as by TNT, a singing duo. This sailing the orchestra was reduced to three members and the string trio provided the entertainment. Beverage was restricted to wine, sparkling wine and sangria, handed out as passengers were seated. Food consisted of an offering of deviled egg and shrimp in a glass. Dress code for the event has been changed from smart casual to casual

I don’t know if these changes are being introduced across the fleet but I no longer see the need to interrupt my day for a glass of bubbly and brief entertainment offered daily in other venues. At what point does a “celebration” become a non-event? It would make more sense to cancel this event and combine it with the senior officers party.

You are right Arno...same thing on Summit a couple of weeks ago. No real celebration anymore and really not worth it for me to interrupt my day by the pool.

Hi Arno,

Thanks for the report.

Personally DH and I liked it when the had the Captain's Club Celebration in the evening before dinner seatings.

We never liked having to interrupt our afternoon (especially in the Caribbean) to get dressed in smart casual attire.

We have not attended the past few cruises.

Wishing you smooth sailing for the remainder of your voyage.

Anne Maria

Agree completely!! Why is there always a need to change a good, working situation. Hate it when people try to change things to justify their jobs... Ps sayhi to Joanne from us!!

This is one more example of how X is diluting the perks given to its more frequent passengers. Not feeling very optimistic about future changes to the CC benefits!

And if I am correct, the cruise Arno is now on does not have an overabundance of Elite passengers so they cannot use that as an excuse. Correct me if I am wrong....good luck TA passengers!

Arno, don't want to impose but it's been a couple of years since we cruised Celebrity and we have some questions. We are doing the Christmas cruise on Connie.

Do they still serve sushi around 6PM?

Is the T pool still there?

Can you still get mimosas at the Elite breakfast?

Who is entertaining in Michaels club? ( Perry was there our last time)

Can we request a chaise or footstool for our veranda?

What time are the shows for late seating?

Are menus for MDR the same? The not so new now new menus ?

Would appreciate any info you or others can share.

Hope you are up and dancing. We enjoyed watching you.

On my Solstice cruise in September and my B2B2B on the Summit in November the party was reduced to limited entertainment and meager snacks. Sadly I think this is fleetwide. Really too bad as we looked forward to the first class party Celebrity used to provide.

Christmas decorations went up last night, temperatures on board are just above freezing.

Elite Plus is now designated on the Key Pass but Zenith is not.

Changes to the program might be announced today.

Arno,

Loved my first experience of the Constellation on the Oct31 sailing from Istanbul.

Our captain was so personable and I loved his evening stories from mythology

and his sailaway doughnut holes with the ship.

I went to the talk by him about the ship's workings. Learned so much.

Does he do this on every sailing?

He said he had three months more on this contract.

I am hoping he will be still be there when I sail the Constellation again on Jan 20.

Christmas decorations went up last night, temperatures on board are just above freezing.

Elite Plus is now designated on the Key Pass but Zenith is not.

Changes to the program might be announced today.

Maybe Zenith is a stealth program. :D

I wonder how having Michael's Club for Zenith will work. Won't it be awfully lonely in there? How many Zeniths can there possibly be on any given cruise? Not too many, I would think.

This sounds similar to the way they handle the welcome party at Royal Caribbean ships.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like some feedback on the size of pictures. I don't know how many view this on phones, tablets or computers.

While in Istanbul, one of our first Celebrity cruise ships was also in port:

IMG_0669.jpg