If a Celebrity Certified Vacation planner tell you, it must be true, right?

warmwinds

I always book myself on line. No matter what I tried to do my only option was the Penthouse Suite (this for a cruise in 2015) (in my dreams).

Anyway, I called and we're going through the M-afts one by one, finally found one on Deck 9, and he says "you know, Aqua Class is the same price on this cruise, would you like to be there?...1138 is available" (the cabin we've wanted to have).

I book it, get the confirmation with the correct cabin and price...yet everywhere I look I should have paid more than Concierge Class for it.

Should I be worried or will they honor what's on my piece of paper?

Oh, and again, I NEVER seem to pick a sailing offering any 123 perks :(

Just a thought. If there are so few cabins available that far out, I would make sure that there isn't a big group booking for that cruise. No problems if you don't mind the group but there have been horror stories about some groups.

Its certainly possible the pricing was correct. We had originally been booked in Concierge Class on our Silhouette cruise and about six months out prices for Aqua had come down enough to be cheaper than Concierge so we switched.

I'm fairly computer-savvy, and even I have had trouble getting the website to show other categories a few times since the web redesign.

If you have the booking confirmation, you should be set. To make your self feel better about the possibility of a group, try going through the process on line again with a dummy booking (obviously stopping before payment). When the suites come up, as they always do, look for the "change category" button/tab- it wasn't always obvious to me, but then I was able to find the other categories.

Andrew

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I got a AQ1 on the Summit for $849. AQ2 was over $1300 CC and verandas were over $1200. Just a pricing or marketing strategy. The 123 promo was offered for that cruise but I didn't get the 123 perk promo because of the special price but for what I saved I could have purchased the package and saved money.

If you purchased it and it is on your invoice it won't change.

If you're just looking at the first page that lists all of the categories, remember that it is showing the lowest price for each category. On an M-class ship that means C3 vs A2. On the 6/20 cruise I'm taking on Millie, there is a $500 jump from the C3 fare to C1. A2 and A1 fares land right in between C2 and C1 fares.

No idea why the fares work this way, but I love AQ after my first "partial" cruise, so I'll take it!

It was an e-mail I got for some new Carib cruises with supposedly Loyalty Rates (we're Elite). I've just gone back to the old e-mail, and I now no longer have the "Penthouse Suite" only glitch...but...

It shows CC for $1,349, and AQ for $1,449. I'm booked (by the CVP) in an A1 AQ aft (the highest AQ level on an M-class) for $1,349.

That's what has me concerned.

Ok, so I just went directly to the Celebrity website, didn't sign in (so no Elite status), and the prices are the same as I got in the "loyalty" email, lol. Anyway, I'm still getting the AQ for $1,349, and we want this cruise because of St. Bart's, so I'm ok with it.

I just didn't want that AQ price taken away for some reason.

It was an e-mail I got for some new Carib cruises with supposedly Loyalty Rates (we're Elite). I've just gone back to the old e-mail, and I now no longer have the "Penthouse Suite" only glitch...but...

It shows CC for $1,349, and AQ for $1,449. I'm booked (by the CVP) in an A1 AQ aft (the highest AQ level on an M-class) for $1,349.

That's what has me concerned.

Ok, so I just went directly to the Celebrity website, didn't sign in (so no Elite status), and the prices are the same as I got in the "loyalty" email, lol. Anyway, I'm still getting the AQ for $1,349, and we want this cruise because of St. Bart's, so I'm ok with it.

I just didn't want that AQ price taken away for some reason.

Go to "My Celebrity" on the Celebrity site. If the cruise says "Booked", you're booked.

A suite for my next cruise was LESS than the C2 I booked. I jumped on the Suite offer and switched. You never really know about pricing. As the old song says: "Don't worry, be happy". Enjoy your cruise.

Archived