Coke Freestyle machine: Favorite drink combinations

roquejo

They have coke zero on Explorer? can you get it in the MRD? or jsut certain machines? Please tell me more.

Coke Zero is available in the Freesyle machines on Explorer. Coke Zero is not available from the fountain in the MDR. So if you want it in the MDR, you either have to pay extra for a can ($2.59), or fill up at a Freestyle machine before you go to the MDR.

Edited by clarea

Thanks for the info. Where are these machines located? I normally bring my coke zero on board, but knowing they have it is Awesome.

On Explorer, there were machines in Windjammer and the Royal Promenade. Maybe another place too, but those are the only ones I remember.

First get a clean plastic cup, and put Ice Cream in it from one of the soft serve self service machines. Then add your favorite soda to your freestyle glass and pour it over the ice cream for a delicious ice cream float. :D:D:D

My favorite flavor is strawberry Minute Maid Lite lemonade.

Other than that, I will add strawberry or cherry to Fanta Zero or Diet Coke.

hi there....we are from peters township also...I have been trying to find a way to introduce ourselves....and this is the best I have come up with....

I must be the only one that does not like these machines. :( I like just plain Coke, and every time I use these machines what I get never tastes like Coke. I always taste the other flavors, even if I let it run a bit before filling the cup (talking about at fast food restaurants not on the ship). I will continue to bring or buy my Coke on the ship rather than use these machines. No flaming please, just my opinion!

Do any of you guys use the free style at local restaurants and reminsce? I know that there is one at Firehouse Subs and I saw a Wendy's had one too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (please forgive typos)

I must be the only one that does not like these machines. :( I like just plain Coke, and every time I use these machines what I get never tastes like Coke. I always taste the other flavors, even if I let it run a bit before filling the cup (talking about at fast food restaurants not on the ship). I will continue to bring or buy my Coke on the ship rather than use these machines. No flaming please, just my opinion!

If you are not exclusive Coke. you'll love these machines. I love Coke, but my favorite soda is ginger ale.. Normally ginger ale is not as widely avail on a cruise ship without a freestyle vs Coke.. but with these machines, there are several variants of ginger ale I can experiment not found elsewhere.

Same with other people who prefers diet drinks, these machines produces several varieties of diet drinks not found elsewhere.

But if you are just a plain coke lover, then these machines have not much added value to you, because plain coke is widely available everywhere, and you can bring your own to the ship.

Have never experienced the freestyle machine. I did order the soda package for this trip and googled the freestyle machine and found that there is an app for the iPhone. Downloaded the app and started playing with to find all the different combinations that are available. Amazing.

Have never experienced the freestyle machine. I did order the soda package for this trip and googled the freestyle machine and found that there is an app for the iPhone. Downloaded the app and started playing with to find all the different combinations that are available. Amazing.

I have got to get that app!!!!! :D

I like Diet Coke with a splash of Cherry Coke....boring but yummy!!

My favorites are ... 1/2 Coke and 1/2 Mello Yello.

From what I understand, you won't be able to make those combinations on your Royal Caribbean ship.

On board, the Freestyle machine is activated by a RFID chip in the souvenir soda package cup. You get to make one selection. There is an amount of time you must wait until you can use it again. If you take a small amount and then try to change flavors, the machine will think you are trying to get a second serving and it won't allow you to do that until a certain amount of time has passed. I read 14 minutes but I can't vouch for that.

From what I understand, you won't be able to make those combinations on your Royal Caribbean ship.

On board, the Freestyle machine is activated by a RFID chip in the souvenir soda package cup. You get to make one selection. There is an amount of time you must wait until you can use it again. If you take a small amount and then try to change flavors, the machine will think you are trying to get a second serving and it won't allow you to do that until a certain amount of time has passed. I read 14 minutes but I can't vouch for that.

I think that the concept of putting different drinks into the cup while the cup is still there will work. What will not work is if you remove the cup and then put it back.

The Freestyle machine has a "back" button on the screen to go to different flavors and combinations. So you should be able to put different drinks into the same cup as long as you do not remove the cup from the machine.

I enjoyed the Cherry Diet Ginger Ale and the Diet Cherry Lemonade. I will try the Diet rootbeer or diet coke float idea next time though. Unfortunately next time won't be for over a year....unless:) well who knows.

Denise

No, you can do that as long as the flavors are in the same machine.. what you can't do is combine 2 flavors that is on separate machines. Once you lifted your cup and placed it on another machine beside it to get a flavor not present in the first machine. The timer activates so it won't allow you until the wait time elapses.

As a 34 year veteran of Coca-Cola, just thought I would give you a little back ground on this machine. We actually hired some medical equipment engineers to help develop this. Some of the technology is from the medical equipment field. The flavor injection,pump ,etc. There are cartridges in the machine much like ink jet printer cartridges. The machine can order its own supplies through wireless and wired communication. It also keeps track of the combinations that people mostly use. This was the first machine Coca-Cola actually built and owns as others are manufactured by outside companies. The intitial cost was above 50,000.00 but aswe continue to develop, is going down. The Coca-Cola that you get out of it is actually manufactured in the machine as you order it. It is the freshest "Coke " you can get. The things that this machine can do are ongoing. I suppose an APP will let you "Bluetooth" your favorite drink is in the works.

Just some fun facts on this machine.:)

When will Serenade get the freestyle machines? DH and I will be sailing her February 1st, from New Orleans.

Thanks for any response

Kathleen

Royal has not published any schedule for future Freestyle machines.