Specialty restaurants

RDMOREU

We have made our 4 allotted specialty restaurant reservations. If we want a table for 2, when/where do we request that? TIA

When you make your reservations

If you did them online when you go to book just click NO to sharing

Thank you!!

Keep in mind that not all nights will be available at all times for a table for 2. Sometimes you have no option but to share, depending on how far down the pecking order you are when you get to select your reservations.

For those of us who are in the less expensive cabins, we can only book 45 days out and I plan to have that posted on my calendar as a reminder. I think it only fair, as many pay twice what we pay for our inside cabin and we still can get the extras when we book like free airfare and paid tips.

For those of us who are in the less expensive cabins, we can only book 45 days out and I plan to have that posted on my calendar as a reminder. I think it only fair, as many pay twice what we pay for our inside cabin and we still can get the extras when we book like free airfare and paid tips.

We have had no problem getting our allotted slots at 45 days out

We tend to book early dinner times

Lyn

Even if you are in a lower tier cabin (we have sailed on O in an Outside), if you are willing to share you have a good shot at getting desirable times in the Specialities-- the 7/7:30 slots that many folks want. We never book a table for two as we like to meet our fellow cruisers and we have plenty of opportunity to dine alone.

Those who paid twice what you did for your cabin are getting a cabin that is more than twice as nice, with balconies and more perks, so don't ever think you deserve less. I agree that getting earlier booking availability should go to the more expensive cabins, but free airfare and paid tips are offered to everybody, on the cruise, just as is entertainment, clean sheets, etc.

Those who paid twice what you did for your cabin are getting a cabin that is more than twice as nice, with balconies and more perks, so don't ever think you deserve less. I agree that getting earlier booking availability should go to the more expensive cabins, but free airfare and paid tips are offered to everybody, on the cruise, just as is entertainment, clean sheets, etc.

Specialty restaurants are also free to all unlike other lines where only the TOP cabins get them for free.

Specialty restaurants are also free to all unlike other lines where only the TOP cabins get them for free.

I think it comes out in the wash- O does not charge for the specialty restaurants up front, but it is factored into the cruise fare. They do allow a second guaranteed reservation for those in top cabins, so they are like the other lines that you mention. Some people never use their reservations, so to them it would be better to lessen the rates and charge a supplement. Others would go every night if they could (like me) and would pay extra, but don't have the opportunity as everybody gets a chance which limits the availability. IMHO, either way works and it is a great marketing ploy to give the reservations without asking for more money while on the cruise. I believe that everybody gets a chance at one reservation for each restaurant before people can get the second one, which makes it fair.

Archived