OBC question

Aruba76

We are sailing on the Equinox next week (yay!). I have been wondering if our TA gifted us with any OBC but have not been able to find it anywhere in our reservation. We also have some from the 123 Go promotion and that does not appear either. Do we have to wait until we are on board before we can find out how much we have?

We are sailing on the Equinox next week (yay!). I have been wondering if our TA gifted us with any OBC but have not been able to find it anywhere in our reservation. We also have some from the 123 Go promotion and that does not appear either. Do we have to wait until we are on board before we can find out how much we have?

Hi,:) you are wondering if your TA has given you anything?:confused: Usually

Travel Agents will tell their client's if they are giving them something.

If you are expecting an OBC from them I would call and ask if they

are giving you anything.

As for when it will appear? If you are getting something, it will usually

show up on your account about 2 or 3 days into the cruise.

Can't help you with the promotion question but I am sure others

have that answer for you.

Hi Aruba76,

As you are booked direct with a TA, they are the only folks who can answer your questions. It's a coin flip on whether you would see OBC's on your online booking - some folks do, some dont. I suppose it depends on the promotion.

I wouldnt wait until you are onboard the ship. I'd ask your TA directly if they are providing any OBC, and I'd also confirm your OBC from the 123 GO promotion. I'd suggest asking for a "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy" which your TA can obtain for you. This document should show any OBC's provided by Celebrity. As for your TA OBC (if any), I'd ask them to put it in writing if possible.

If you have additional questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your Equinox cruise - she's a great ship !

I'd suggest asking for a "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy" which your TA can obtain for you. This document should show any OBC's provided by Celebrity. As for your TA OBC (if any), I'd ask them to put it in writing if possible.

Is that the confirmation with all those celebrity codes on it for different things like bev package, five star rate etc.? GRPX FSTR etc.?

Hi Aruba76,

As you are booked direct with a TA, they are the only folks who can answer your questions. It's a coin flip on whether you would see OBC's on your online booking - some folks do, some dont. I suppose it depends on the promotion.

I wouldnt wait until you are onboard the ship. I'd ask your TA directly if they are providing any OBC, and I'd also confirm your OBC from the 123 GO promotion. I'd suggest asking for a "Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy" which your TA can obtain for you. This document should show any OBC's provided by Celebrity. As for your TA OBC (if any), I'd ask them to put it in writing if possible.

If you have additional questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your Equinox cruise - she's a great ship !

This is a good topic. I checked my Booking Confirmation - Guest copy and noticed that there are two lines on here related to the OBC. So, now I too would like to know what it means.

SLR4-$200 ONBRDCR

WAV3-WAVE OBC

I'm getting ready to book my excursions, but it would be good to know if this money is refundable, then perhaps I could use it towards booking the next cruise while onboard, only if I know it will be returned to my credit card. I'm well aware that I would not be able to use this towards the next sail.

Slightly different perspective than Host Andy and Lois...

First, for the promotion OBC from Celebrity, you should simply call Captain's Club to confirm (I did yesterday) AND get a print out from your TA that shows it. Don't want to assume it will be difficult, but want to be prepared to resolve any issue quickly so I can get back to my vacation rather than stress. Also note that the OBC usually takes a few days to show up in your account once onboard. (Not too different from Andy and Lois)

Where I feel differently is about the OBC from your TA, if you get any. If they offered this as an enticement to book with them, by all means call, but I would assume that you already knew the amount. Just tell them that you've heard about difficulties with OBC once on the ship, and would like something in writing.

But what it sounds like you're asking is if the TA is giving you a Bon Voyage/thank you-for-booking-with-me gift. We have received wine, OBC, or a cook book at various time. If this is what you are asking about, I think it would be very rude to call your TA and ask what thank-you gift they may or may not be giving you. If it wasn't something agreed upon, treat it like a gift, and wait until you are on the ship to "open the package."

Of course, some here will say that, if your TA isn't doing all of the above you should find a new TA...and that's fine. There ARE some TA's that do seem to have better deals on a cruise line based on their volume and whether they book group space.

Just my perspective. Happy cruising.

Andrew

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Slightly different perspective than Host Andy and Lois...

First, for the promotion OBC from Celebrity, you should simply call Captain's Club to confirm (I did yesterday) AND get a print out from your TA that shows it. Don't want to assume it will be difficult, but want to be prepared to resolve any issue quickly so I can get back to my vacation rather than stress. Also note that the OBC usually takes a few days to show up in your account once onboard. (Not too different from Andy and Lois)

Where I feel differently is about the OBC from your TA, if you get any. If they offered this as an enticement to book with them, by all means call, but I would assume that you already knew the amount. Just tell them that you've heard about difficulties with OBC once on the ship, and would like something in writing.

But what it sounds like you're asking is if the TA is giving you a Bon Voyage/thank you-for-booking-with-me gift. We have received wine, OBC, or a cook book at various time. If this is what you are asking about, I think it would be very rude to call your TA and ask what thank-you gift they may or may not be giving you. If it wasn't something agreed upon, treat it like a gift, and wait until you are on the ship to "open the package."

Of course, some here will say that, if your TA isn't doing all of the above you should find a new TA...and that's fine. There ARE some TA's that do seem to have better deals on a cruise line based on their volume and whether they book group space.

Just my perspective. Happy cruising.

Andrew

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Good point. I believe when most of us talk about TA OBC is it not the "gifted" kind that the OP was referencing. Rather it is a TA incentive offered as a way to get our booking therefore we would expect it to show on the TA invoice in writing.

I always make sure I have something is writing for both my TA and Celebrity OBC/specials although I have never had to use it. Perhaps I have just been lucky.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I did find the promo OBC listed on one of our confirmations. However, we are in a unique position (and rather annoying, actually) in that our TA emailed us on September 25 saying that as of September 27 she was no longer associated with the travel agency. We have used her for all of our trips for the last 15 years. She was in a physical agency (not online), but we had never met her. She had been recommended to us and we had always dealt with her exclusively via email and phone calls. The first cruise we took was in 2010 on the Solstice. She handled it for us, did a great job, but we did not receive anything from her - no OBC or any other perks. We didn't know to expect anything, so we we were not disappointed - until we started talking to fellow passengers and began reading CC when we got home. Our last cruise was last year to Alaska on the Millennium, and we were very pleasantly surprised once we were on the ship, to find $400 OBC from her. She had not told us about it, nor had we ever had a discussion with her about any OBC. This time, because of the circumstances of being left 'adrift' (pardon the pun!), I was curious to know ahead of time if she had given us any. I think we will try calling the office to see if perhaps she left our file with another agent. We were hoping we would hear from someone taking over for her, but as it has been 2 1/2 weeks since she left and we have yet to hear from anyone else, I guess we should have called them sooner. We are leaving this Thursday for a 2 night pre-cruise stay in Barcelona before our 12 night cruise and are uncomfortable we have no one 'watching our backs.'

Archived